Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Miquel & Yennaris

Experienced older players generally aren't available cheaply on loan, which is obviously why we are going for these lads. I'd like to see more experienced players coming in too, but I think we just have to accept that while we get our house in order, we're not going to be making any significant signings.

A couple of lads on loan are better than no signings at all.

Kane, Lingaard - let's pay some crap players wages and have to play them above our own players perhaps to keep the big club happy. Sounds good

Kane, Lingaard - let's pay some crap players wages and have to play them above our own players perhaps to keep the big club happy. Sounds good

Rather selective there - ignoring Hobbs, Cleverley, Davies, Naughton, Keane, Vaughan - as young players who've been fairly decent for us on loan.

Been more hits than duffers in that regard.

Hobbs, Keane, Naughton, Cunningham, Spearing, Cleverley, Davies, Mee et al were all young loan signing who did ok for us. It's a bit of a risk, but they may come off

Rather selective there - ignoring Hobbs, Cleverley, Davies, Naughton, Keane, Vaughan - as young players who've been fairly decent for us on loan.

Been more hits than duffers in that regard.

Beat me too it

Yeah, I hated it when we signed Muzzy Izzet.

Edit: also beaten to it, although at least I used a pre-Pearson example to see if it would wind him up.

I hated it when Lingaard and Kane started every week, maybe we could have left them on the bench and played then for just 5 or 10 mins at the end

I hated it when Lingaard and Kane started every week, maybe we could have left them on the bench and played then for just 5 or 10 mins at the end

Good value then, especially if we can leave our own players out of the team and not bring them on..........or even lend them out to do well at other clubs. Let's get in some pliable kids insted of dealing with our own players.....genius

We could be selective about "experienced troopers" too.

What we need right down is someone like Matt Mills from Bolton and Beckford from Bolton, or Dabizas, or Howey, or Keown, or Lee Hendrie, or Barry Hayles, or Collins John, or Kishishev, or Newton, or Clemence, or Cort, or N'Gotty, or Bednar, or Pantsil, or Ball, or St Ledger, or Whitbread, or Danns... oh hang on.

We need good, consistent players. Age does not matter, clearly what does at the moment is money.

What we need right down is someone like Matt Mills from Bolton and Beckford from Bolton, or Dabizas, or Howey, or Keown, or Lee Hendrie, or Barry Hayles, or Collins John, or Kishishev, or Newton, or Clemence, or Cort, or N'Gotty, or Bednar, or Pantsil, or Ball, or St Ledger, or Whitbread, or Danns... oh hang on.

We need good, consistent players. Age does not matter, clearly what does at the moment is money.

Which pretty much conclusively confirms that the loan system is generally pants

Experienced older players generally aren't available cheaply on loan, which is obviously why we are going for these lads. I'd like to see more experienced players coming in too, but I think we just have to accept that while we get our house in order, we're not going to be making any significant signings.

A couple of lads on loan are better than no signings at all.

I don't see the point in padding out a young squad with kids.

However you rationalize that on financial grounds what we desperately need is experience.

As we discovered last season when the chips were down our squad blew a gasket, and a good chunk of the reason for that was tired inexperienced players.

Which pretty much conclusively confirms that the loan system is generally pants

And what would the loan system have to do with my post or the person I quoted? The point was about experienced players also capable of being crap.

I don't see the point in padding out a young squad with kids.

However you rationalize that on financial grounds what we desperately need is experience.

As we discovered last season when the chips were down our squad blew a gasket, and a good chunk of the reason for that was tired inexperienced players.

Which we clearly can't afford.

And what would the loan system have to do with my post or the person I quoted? The point was about experienced players also capable of being crap.

Which we clearly can't afford.

I would contest that.

I have seen several free transfers that have happened this summer and thought they were just what we needed.

And OK you can then start going on about the wages, but if we are to loan out a few ie:Gallagher, Danns etc then this could soon be balanced out.

I know Nigel loves young talent, but for me we have more than enough of that already.

I would contest that.

I have seen several free transfers that have happened this summer and thought they were just what we needed.

And OK you can then start going on about the wages, but if we are to loan out a few ie:Gallagher, Danns etc then this could soon be balanced out.

I know Nigel loves young talent, but for me we have more than enough of that already.

Nobody wants those players. I'm sure we'd love to get them off the wage bill (loan or sale) and replace them with some experience and more importantly quality

Archived