Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sankey93

We Need a CM & ST

We need a solid CM who can dominate midfield and a striker who can be very physical and quick who can Cause problems and be a force which we are lacking!

Liam Trotter ? Kenwyne Jones ?

Any suggestions ?

No, no we don't. If we're playing 3-5-2/5-3-2 then James, King, Drinkwater, Danns, Marshall and Knockaert are perfectly good options. Nugent has consistently got around 15 goals a season for us, Wood got 20 in the Championship last year. Vardy is showing signs of improvement and Waghorn did well when called upon last season.

tbh i sort of agree halfway    i do feel we have no presence or physical  presence up front  

i would love to see kenwyne jones here to play alongside nugent who can get the knock downs 

i also feel we lack a little creativity in the middle not so much a hard man  james played well i thought 

i also feel we lack pace going forward 

if i was pearson then i would do this  

sign jones and go 3-5-2   with the following 

a 3-5-2

--------------------------------------kasper-----------------------------

------------moore----------------morgan-------------whitbread

de laet-------------------------------------------------------dyer

--------------------drinkwater---------------james---------------------

----------------------------------knocky---------------------------------

-------------------jones--------------------------nugent-----------------

tbh i sort of agree halfway    i do feel we have no presence or physical  presence up front  

i would love to see kenwyne jones here to play alongside nugent who can get the knock downs 

i also feel we lack a little creativity in the middle not so much a hard man  james played well i thought 

i also feel we lack pace going forward 

if i was pearson then i would do this  

sign jones and go 3-5-2   with the following 

a 3-5-2

--------------------------------------kasper-----------------------------

------------moore----------------morgan-------------whitbread

de laet-------------------------------------------------------dyer

--------------------drinkwater---------------james---------------------

----------------------------------knocky---------------------------------

-------------------jones--------------------------nugent-----------------

Regardless of whether we need a new striker or not (I concur with the general consensus of no on this one), I think we can all agree that giving Dyer defensive duties is not a good idea.  In fact all we really lack anymore is the defensively solid attacking left back that we've wanted for a couple of seasons now (you could say the need's even greater now that we're doing this 3-5-2 experiment).  Of course it's possible we don't lack that at all: I have no idea about Bakayogo's abilities, but for now I'm under the impression that he's just a budget signing to provide a wider selection of backup options to Konchesky (a worrying notion, but something's better than nothing I guess) - if he were anything more than that I feel like Pearson would have given him some game time already.

The last thing we need to be doing is buying another striker. We have 2 who hit 35 between them last season, if we can't get them scoring then troubles lie elsewhere.

Also strikers are the most expensive player to buy and we have a hat full of them.

From what I saw, if we play a formation that requires pace and quality then the pace and quality should start and not be used as subs. My main concern from the Leeds game is Whitbread - he does lots well but always seems liable to give away a penalty which we can't afford to do in tight games.

We just need someone in the middle who is solid defensively, like Austin was for leeds, to allow more creative players to have more license to attack and be positive rather than just preventing giving the ball away. I think matty James at his best can be that player, and whoever plays in the advanced midfield role can concentrate on creating chances rather than defensive duties

Don't think we got bossed in the midfield against Leeds to be honest so no major concern there for me. I also think the strikers we have are good enough. Obviously I'd love us to sign a new striker that will bag us 20 goals but it just isn't going to happen

If anything I'd say we need a creative winger because we lack imagination at times

Archived