Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chris_lcfc_85

Andy King, 250 games

Just felt this deserved a thread on its own.

I think its a terrific achievement for one of our very own from the academy and the majority of that time has been a big player for us.... He's had his stick on here and sometimes over the top and unfair but ultimately turning into a good all round midfielder and deserves alot of praise

He's a credit to the club, and is a very good box-to-box midfielder, can defend as well as he attacks. Everton and West Brim displayed an interest 2 years ago and he could have easily gone to a PL side, but stuck it out here. Legend in the making at this club!

He's a credit to the club, and is a very good box-to-box midfielder, can defend as well as he attacks. Everton and West Brim displayed an interest 2 years ago and he could have easily gone to a PL side, but stuck it out here. Legend in the making at this club!

Apparently Villa and Liverpool made enquries as well. He's not spectacular or fancy but is definitely one of the best midfielders in the division. Whilst I'd love him to stay here, I feel that his development has already been affected by not playing in the Premier League so this has to be the last season before he moves on if we don't go up.

It's rare for us to have a player that reaches 100+ games for us but to have one get 250+ and still only be 24 AND be from our academy is remarkable. He's a credit to the club, a very good player and I hope he goes on to make at least another 250 for us. If he can find his goal scoring form of 2 years ago then that would be the icing on the cake!

I moved from A block to B1 today. Sat next to the most depressing two guys who all match complained about King. They didn't even get up and at least clap when he scored - morons. 

Anyways, massive credit to the guy - shown such loyalty to us which in todays game is rare! 

Anyone know who the last player to come through the youth set-up and play this many games was?

I must be missing someone obvious but can't think going back years and years

Heskey I'd imagine, he must of overtaken Stearman by now who would of been next on the list, maybe Matt Heath?

Credit at to Andy and credit to John Rudkin and his academy staff. Very rare feat in modern football, great player. Hope he continues on to get his 50 goals this term. Well in Andy lad, hopefully our very own one club Legend.

He's done it. 51 as of today.

Heskey I'd imagine, he must of overtaken Stearman by now who would of been next on the list, maybe Matt Heath?

None of those even close, I'd be surprised if Matt Heath played 50 games let alone 250, Heskey would be closer but left quite young still, I think you've got to go further back to whitworth, or even o'neil (was he a product of our accadamy?)

Surly there must be one more recently though...

I also think if he ever gets to the Premiership he will be an even better player for it. Seems the type of player who will thrive on the greater space and time on the ball you get there

Congrats on your 250th and 50th Andy

I've often thought this. I think the more refined game in the top flight would suit his style. I love the guy and I really hope he gets to show what a good player he is at the top level sometime - hopefully with us!

He seems like a real nice lad. You never hear any rumours of him getting in trouble or moaning when out of the team, a true professional and asset to the club who is still improving. He's my boys favourite player and a good role model for them and happily it seems that the formidable partnership that was formed with James at the end of last season is starting to show again.

Long live the king.

Archived