Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Carlisle Match Thread

I don't mind going out of cups, its the league I want to do well in.

If by 'well' you mean play off semis, you'll love Nige, that's pretty much what he does.

It's so funny, you literally only ever turn up on this forum when we are losing, where were you on Saturday? 

That actually isn't true.

I was actually posting on Saturday also - which makes your post a bit ridiculous.

Okay, if these players aren't a 'team' how are they meant to be turned into one if not in games like this? They all train together, the fringe players might not get as much game time but whenever they are used they often don't perform, even against teams in a much lower league.

Does this simply point to a lack of talent on the fringes?

Put it this way even if we are playing fringe players, they should be capable of beating Carlisle - Coventry beat them 4-0 last week (I think).

These 'fringe' players should be proving a point, playing and pushing for a place in the 1st team saying, look at me, I can do a job.

Totally agree Matt

If by 'well' you mean play off semis, you'll love Nige, that's pretty much what he does.

I was actually posting on Saturday also - which makes your post a bit ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as some gimp who spends all his time slating a team he's supposed to support. 

Every post you make is ridiculous. Such a negative person. Pearson is going nowhere so get over your "Pearson out" crusade and support him for a change.

Pearson does annoy me when he does this, says he wants to win the game, well no, you don't really do you?

Sure you've got a mild preference for a Leicester victory but you don't really want to win it do you? If you did you'd pick a stronger team. Not overly disappointed if we do go on to lose but it does frustrate me somewhat when he says that.

And when are any players outside the first team going to get given a chance to prove them selves??? They are all part of a championship team should be capable of beating these its a 90 + minute game judge at full time!

I take your point Matt, but the manager has to be given credit when we do well (results have been decent so far this season so credit to him) and blamed when we are losing games we should be winning (and I would point out that we've gone behind twice I can think of this season and gone on to win the games).

In short, its not over yet - but personally I'd have picked a stronger side. Many wouldn't.

Its hardly a disaster in terms of maybe going out of the cup - but we just need to get in the winning habit and keep confidence up.

Agreed.

I'm just pointing out a majority of fans wanted and would have picked weakened sides, so can't have much to point the finger at.

Obviously that doesn't go for everyone, some people wouldn't have picked a weakened side, but Pearson has done what a majority has done, there will only be the minority moaning about what he's done.

Personally i'm not too bothered like you, obviously i'd like to win, but going out the cup isn't the end of the world for me, as long as it doesn't have a detremental effect on our league form, which it shouldn't and anyone who blames picking a weakened team in the F.A Cup games last year and linking it with our form at the end of last season is mad, it had nothing to do with that imo.

Stattos - does anyone know if Logan has ever saved a shot on target for Leicester?

I honestly don't think he'd be number 1 at a League 2 team. If Kasper were to cop a nasty injury then we would be screwed.

Okay, if these players aren't a 'team' how are they meant to be turned into one if not in games like this? They all train together, the fringe players might not get as much game time but whenever they are used they often don't perform, even against teams in a much lower league.

Does this simply point to a lack of talent on the fringes?

They aren't, bar a bus crash we'd never have this amount of player out, and if we do we're fckued

I think Pearson struggles to pick the guys up when they are down, so a poor performance, or a loss to a clearly inferior side, can quickly destroy confidence. This is my concern. Not to say it will happen even if we do lose this game, but its a concern.

It didn't work out that way last season in fairness, we won six of our next seven after the Burton debacle.

Is this Pearson showing our DOF what the team would be if he sold all our best players?

I don't mind going out of cups, its the league I want to do well in.

I'll be gutted if we go out. I do hope none of the playing or managerial staff believe it's 'ok' to lose some games, otherwise we'll achieve **** all in the near future.

Not as ridiculous as some gimp who spends all his time slating a team he's supposed to support. 

Better to just blindly love anything that's put in front of you, right? I love the 'club' as much of any as you. As for your personal insult and name calling, I think that's pretty pathetic.

Every post you make is ridiculous. Such a negative person. Pearson is going nowhere so get over your "Pearson out" crusade and support him for a change.

I'm not on a crusade. I have an opinion. Maybe look up 'crusade' and come back and have a discussion with me when you can articulate your thoughts a little more clearly?

I think Pearson struggles to pick the guys up when they are down, so a poor performance, or a loss to a clearly inferior side, can quickly destroy confidence. This is my concern. Not to say it will happen even if we do lose this game, but its a concern.

Where have you got that from?? You do spout garbage. How low do you think players get after one defeat? Players aren't that fragile

Archived