Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

He holds him back at first, then lets go. The intent was there, the Galatasaray player only had to make the right move.

Yeah the intent is there, it also looks like he's trying to move round him to his right side. Either way I don't think referees should be so utterly weak? He can't have seen a foul there because there wasn't one. This means that either A) He thinks this is a professional foul or B) He's guessing. It's not like it's a fast paces collision that's hard to judge.

Ronaldo misses a game so Bale's finally allowed to take a free kick.

Top bin from 30 yards. Quality.

Why didn't the keeper just catch it though instead of letting it in?

Was bizarre.

He'll love that, sticking it to UEFA, knowing sanctions would come but doing it anyway.

How are they sticking it to UEFA? It's the club they are sticking it too.

Fair play if they do want to fight it but they will have to accept the fines and stadium closures that will come with it if they keep on producing banners supporting terrorism and engaging in anti-semetic chanting when fans with a high portion of Jewish supporters turn up.

Ajax passed on the UEFA fine for the 'fenien bastards sign' to the F side who paid it, Celtic should do the same and then the Green Brigade can do what they want if they are prepared to take the consequences.

Why should any person have to pay fines because of the behaviour of others?

How are they sticking it to UEFA? It's the club they are sticking it too.

Fair play if they do want to fight it but they will have to accept the fines and stadium closures that will come with it if they keep on producing banners supporting terrorism and engaging in anti-semetic chanting when fans with a high portion of Jewish supporters turn up.

Ajax passed on the UEFA fine for the 'fenien bastards sign' to the F side who paid it, Celtic should do the same and then the Green Brigade can do what they want if they are prepared to take the consequences.

Why should any club chairman have to pay fines because of the behaviour of others?

Oh I know that, but two fingers up to UEFA as far as' we know you've fined us and warned us but we don't give a fook', the club have done various things to kill them off so I doubt they care too much about paying a fine either..

By the by, why would Ajax actually give a fvck about Northern Irish politics? Or were they just looking to wind up Celtic fans for pure lulz?

Of course.

You don't really think Celtic fans really care about the activities of Hizbollah and the PLO either do they from the game at Celtic Park?

Oh I know that, but two fingers up to UEFA as far as' we know you've fined us and warned us but we don't give a fook', the club have done various things to kill them off so I doubt they care too much about paying a fine either..

Its directed at Celtic though, had they mentioned UEFA in the statement I'd agree.

Again though, why should the Celtic chairman have to keep paying fines because supporters of his club want to bring politics into football?

Its directed at Celtic though, had they mentioned UEFA in the statement I'd agree.

Again though, why should the Celtic chairman have to keep paying fines because supporters of his club want to bring politics into football?

TBH matt I couldn't careless, free speach I guess isnt free, I thought you'd be happy with them expressing their views even if you dont agree with what they are saying.

TBH matt I couldn't careless, free speach I guess isnt free, I thought you'd be happy with them expressing their views even if you dont agree with what they are saying.

If it was up to me Ronnie anyone could sing anything they want and do anything they want, you know that.

But UEFA set the rules and while that happens you adhere to them, they have decided football and politics will remain seperate so I don't see what else Celtic can do? It looks like Celtic will have to play next years opener with that corner of the ground closed now after this so not only are the board paying a fine but they losing a lot of money in ticket sales.

I want to get absolutely hammered, sing disgusting outdated songs, drink vodka in the stands and light up a few flares against Millwall on Saturday, but I can't as I know if I do I'll never be allowed in again.

As I said in the Immigration thread in GC, free speech died a long time ago over here. Look what they tried to jail Nick Griffin for.

If it was up to me Ronnie anyone could sing anything they want and do anything they want, you know that.

But UEFA set the rules and while that happens you adhere to them, they have decided football and politics will remain seperate so I don't see what else Celtic can do? It looks like Celtic will have to play next years opener with that corner of the ground closed now after this so not only are the board paying a fine but they losing a lot of money in ticket sales.

I want to get absolutely hammered, sing disgusting outdated songs, drink vodka in the stands and light up a few flares against Millwall on Saturday, but I can't as I know if I do I'll never be allowed in again.

hey I'm with ya, the fact they had the balls to risk being banned was the reason I admired what they did.  the 'message' itself isn't important.  So few fans are willing to do anything thesedays.

• 2 weeks later...

Think there are actually Green Brigade specific threads knocking about but this was the most recent discussion going... Anyone see their actions at Motherwell last week?

The majority of it looked absolutely class, but as always their brainless majority ruined it by ripping out 100 seats and cobbing almost 20 smokies on to the pitch. I wish they'd realise that their petulant behaviour is doing nothing but put the brakes on campaigns like safe standing and further diminishes fans' rights as human beings.

Anyway, 128 banned apparently. Weird reaction from the club seeing as the action was done by about 15-20 idiots, who definitely deserved to go. The club could have saved face by banning just those involved - the remainder would boycott and they would have got the same result: no GB in Celtic Park

Think there are actually Green Brigade specific threads knocking about but this was the most recent discussion going... Anyone see their actions at Motherwell last week?

The majority of it looked absolutely class, but as always their brainless majority ruined it by ripping out 100 seats and cobbing almost 20 smokies on to the pitch. I wish they'd realise that their petulant behaviour is doing nothing but put the brakes on campaigns like safe standing and further diminishes fans' rights as human beings.

Anyway, 128 banned apparently. Weird reaction from the club seeing as the action was done by about 15-20 idiots, who definitely deserved to go. The club could have saved face by banning just those involved - the remainder would boycott and they would have got the same result: no GB in Celtic Park

We all want terraces, its the only way we'll get them. lol

they tried to disband GB within Celtic park and it didn't happen so they back tracked.

GB will just be stronger than ever, one thing they have is balls and a unity that isn't seen south of the border unfortunately.

Archived