Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
21st Century Fox

UEFA Champions League 2013/14

Ronaldo makes it 1-1. 

14 CL goals this year, new record. 8 goals in 3 and a half games this season, equalling (and he'll surely beat) the record for goals in a single group. He's scored more goals this CL season than most teams in the CL. 

Ronaldo makes it 1-1. 

14 CL goals this year, new record. 8 goals in 3 and a half games this season, equalling (and he'll surely beat) the record for goals in a single group. He's scored more goals this CL season than most teams in the CL. 

He's on fire.

He's on fire.

He is.

I can finally see him producing form this season that would see him in prime position to win the Ballon D'Or over Messi and then Leo goes and takes Argentina to the World Cup while he's at home.

Watching this Man City game and it is a prime example of how poor this competition is until the last 8. They are beating Moscow easily and there is no atmosphere whatsoever. Why are fans so desperate to get into the Champions League and then when they get there it's like they don't even care? It's so sterile.

Watching this Man City game and it is a prime example of how poor this competition is until the last 8. They are beating Moscow easily and there is no atmosphere whatsoever. Why are fans so desperate to get into the Champions League and then when they get there it's like they don't even care? It's so sterile.

I agree, City seem to have been really bad with regards to atmosphere/attendances since they have been in the Champions League; yet before all they wanted was the opportunity to be in it!

I'd rather be sitting it a sterile atmosphere watching my team win in the CL than sitting in a sterile atmosphere watching my team in the Europa League. 

I agree, City seem to have been really bad with regards to atmosphere/attendances since they have been in the Champions League; yet before all they wanted was the opportunity to be in it!

Maybe they have had all the glory hunters attaching themselves? Not sure, but I believe they have decent prices, plus they tend to have good amounts standing.

It's a cultural thing, unfortunately there seems to be a generation lost where fans simply don't know the songs or simply don't care about the atmosphere.

It used to be fans went to a game to be involved, singing, shouting, letting their emotions out, now it seems the result is the only thing that matters and in the case of teams like Man city they are expected to win and so fans rarely get excited.

Maybe they have had all the glory hunters attaching themselves? Not sure, but I believe they have decent prices, plus they tend to have good amounts standing.

It's a cultural thing, unfortunately there seems to be a generation lost where fans simply don't know the songs or simply don't care about the atmosphere.

It used to be fans went to a game to be involved, singing, shouting, letting their emotions out, now it seems the result is the only thing that matters and in the case of teams like Man city they are expected to win and so fans rarely get excited.

Yeah I agree with regards to the atmosphere on a whole, but it's more their attendances that always seem poor to me.

Some players in that United team are robbing a living there. They need a Scholes replacement and a new winger urgently.

This Kagawa love in is embarrassing. He gets outmuscled all the time and is too slow and poor at crossing to play on the wing. And what's happened to Valencia? He used to be the best winger in the prem but now he looks championship standard.

I've just seen Ashley Young's fall. Cheating shit.

Embarrassing. One slight touch and he falls down. Such a mimicked fall and too many referees fall for it. Hunches his body, falls like he's been shot. Such a pussy. Man the fvck up, Ashley.

Embarrassing. One slight touch and he falls down. Such a mimicked fall and too many referees fall for it. Hunches his body, falls like he's been shot. Such a pussy. Man the fvck up, Ashley.

One of my mates who is a United fan cheered whem RVP missed the penalty lol He hates Young

I'd rather be sitting it a sterile atmosphere watching my team win in the CL than sitting in a sterile atmosphere watching my team in the Europa League. 

Well yeh that's why you'd think they'd sound a bit more pleased when they scored!

It's like they just expect to get through and it's not worth getting excited about. The biggest European competition shouldn't be like that, the group stages are just a money making scheme.

Should just be 16 teams, possibly without any group stages. It would make it less of a non-event (as it is until the new year) but it would make less money, which is the only thing UEFA are bothered about.

Archived