Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

wow he scored one more than king that season, besides not like he was top goalscorer in the league. We all like Nugent but no reason why we can't ask for him to be more consistent, I mean he went through a patch where he didn't score for like 8 games last season. If we have aspiration's to be amongst the top 2 Nugent has got to score more simple! after all he is our main striker is he not?

Not like a midfielder to score more than a striker in the modern game bow is it??

Nuge will score his 15+, whats the issue? Are we losing this season when Nuge hasn't scored?

I think Wood is our best striker but we just can't seem to get him to consistently score, is it a coincidence that he was scoring for fun when he first joined when he would've been most motivated? I think he just can't be bothered which is really annoying because he's capable of 20+.

Not like a midfielder to score more than a striker in the modern game bow is it??

Nuge will score his 15+, whats the issue? Are we losing this season when Nuge hasn't scored?

what's the issue, we can't afford him to be inconsistent for an 8 game period like last season if we are near automatic promotion places this season and expect to stay there, like other's said seemed like he is not bothered at times, let's games pass him by. On his day he is a great striker, I would just like to see more of the good Nugent rather than the poor Nugent.

what's the issue, we can't afford him to be inconsistent for an 8 game period like last season if we are near automatic promotion places this season and expect to stay there, like other's said seemed like he is not bothered at times, let's games pass him by. On his day he is a great striker, I would just like to see more of the good Nugent rather than the poor Nugent.

Cardiff City's top scorer last season scored 8 league goals.

Goals from midfield get you promoted.

As for not being bothere, I am calling bull$hit.

Was an improvement on what we had going on in the first half but formation and Dyer probably aided him and Kockeart certainly did.

Woeful miss. Embarassing celebrations when he was warming up, imagine the reception he'd receive if he properly contributed?...

lloyd and knocky changed the game , nuge did fa again  .

Held the ball up well, gave us an outlet, and actually allowed us to play in their half which we didn't do in the entirety of the first half when, and actually managed to get himself into a goal scoring position and whilst he may of scuffed it, it was more than any one else upfront managed.

You stick to your blinkered opinion and your agenda though. 

they can't as they aren't League games, they are in effect a separate cup competition

It's all the same competition, therefore they are Championship games. It would be depend on whether you are talking Championship goals or Championship league goals.

Only a Leicester fan being pedantic trying to back up a point in a ironically pointless argument would be to bothered about qualifying the difference the two, tbh ;) The term splitting hairs comes to mind.  

He had an effort from around 18 yards when he was in a bit of space, bit of a woeful effort, far from a "sitter" though

From what I remember it was a fairly awkward shot to hit.

His confidence must be shot, but the fact he has 3 in the league doesn't bode to badly. 

For those who are saying that he's woeful / not as good as Schlupp - you obviously didn't see Schlupp last night up front in the first half. Deary me. 

Nugent is always going to be an asset, rather than a hindrance. One of two things need to happen, either we need to offer him a contract to settle his nerves, or, he needs to start scoring to "deserve" a contract, which - in my eyes he's deserved considering the contribution he's made since he signed.

From what I remember it was a fairly awkward shot to hit.

His confidence must be shot, but the fact he has 3 in the league doesn't bode to badly. 

For those who are saying that he's woeful / not as good as Schlupp - you obviously didn't see Schlupp last night up front in the first half. Deary me. 

Nugent is always going to be an asset, rather than a hindrance. One of two things need to happen, either we need to offer him a contract to settle his nerves, or, he needs to start scoring to "deserve" a contract, which - in my eyes he's deserved considering the contribution he's made since he signed.

he has 4 in the league, we've had 6 pens, 5 in the league and 1 in the cup so far

Archived