Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Just cannot believe people are criticising him to the point he's 'wank' 'overrated' 'laxidasical' 'not as good as Wood' 'Schlupp and Vardy are better finishers' etc etc

WTF are some of you on. Get a clue

Chris Wood is a better finisher than him. Nuge has never hit 20+ goals in a season before let alone at 21

Chris Wood is a better finisher than him. Nuge has never hit 20+ goals in a season before let alone at 21

So you would rather see Wood in the team instead of Nugent considering the form we are in?

Can't wait for you to be wrong about Nugent when he does start firing, which he will...

So you would rather see Wood in the team instead of Nugent considering the form we are in?

Can't wait for you to be wrong about Nugent when he does start firing, which he will...

Well can he hurry up? I've been waiting long enough. I don't think he's a bad player by any stretch, but its criminal how many chances he is missing at the moment. Chris Wood would have finished that chance at Blackpool for example.

Well can he hurry up? I've been waiting long enough. I don't think he's a bad player by any stretch, but its criminal how many chances he is missing at the moment. Chris Wood would have finished that chance at Blackpool for example.

Why will you never answer the question? Forever moving the goal posts... You keep shuffling along.

This is what happens to Nugent and then he'll get a couple from open play in quick succession and it'll lead to about 7 goals in as many games. Then he'll not score for the best part of 10 games and we wait until he finds his form. What i'd like to see is either a way of getting him to not go several months without a goal like he did between February and April last season and an even longer period at the back end of the season before. However, what we should also be looking at is do we have to wait until Nugent finds his goalscoring form again or do we replace him when he's out of sorts with other strikers? It's a tough one. When Wood and Vardy go 10+ games without a goal they get replaced quite quickly.

I love Nugent though and you just know there's goals to come. When do we play Ipswich and Burnley anyway? Problem sorted then.

One standard finish doesn't mean anything. He was awful once again except for a ten minute spell after he scored. Good penalty mind but lets not forget he missed 2 other golden opportunities.

Why focus on the negatives instead of the positives? He wasn't as bad as you're making out today, far from it.

I think he is quality, his movement and link up play are fantastic. Whereas we can look a little static with wood. (Although I'm not criticising as he has time on his side) I fully expect him to bag a few more now as he tends to get goals (from open play) in bursts. We seem to be a lot more fluid when vardy and nugent play up top imo.

He seemed very relieved to score from open play, being in the game as long as he has, it would have been on his mind, hopefully he will go on a bit of a run of scoring from open play and keep the haters of his back, and prove to everyone that he offers the team a lot.

One standard finish doesn't mean anything. He was awful once again except for a ten minute spell after he scored. Good penalty mind but lets not forget he missed 2 other golden opportunities.

I was 100% at a different game to you today. Awful?? You must be on crack...

I think some fans expect our players to be 100% perfect all of the time. If they make a few mistakes in the game then they were "poor" or "awful. We're a championship side ffs...

Anyway Nuge was nowhere near awful today. His movement was class and he was a constant nuisance for the defenders. Not everything he did came off but i thought he had a decent game.

Archived