Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Does anybody else think its stupid that Nugent has been getting up in the middle of the night to be looking after his new baby considering his job is dependent on physical performance? Some of the comments he made to Stringer after the game blaming tiredness because of the baby were a bit odd I mean considering his Mrs stays at home all day? If I was in his position I'd say I'll look after the baby etc when I get home from training and do my fair share then but surely because she doesn't work so she should do the night shift? Can't blame him for his performance dropping if he's constantly getting up all night to look after the baby.

Does anybody else think its stupid that Nugent has been getting up in the middle of the night to be looking after his new baby considering his job is dependent on physical performance? Some of the comments he made to Stringer after the game blaming tiredness because of the baby were a bit odd I mean considering his Mrs stays at home all day? If I was in his position I'd say I'll look after the baby etc when I get home from training and do my fair share then but surely because she doesn't work so she should do the night shift? Can't blame him for his performance dropping if he's constantly getting up all night to look after the baby.

Certainly not. He has a responsibility as a parent first and foremost.

Certainly not. He has a responsibility as a parent first and foremost.

Clearly I'm not saying he should do naff all. But is there any harm in him looking after the baby when he comes home from training and taking the pressure of his Mrs during the day so that she can have a bit of time off so that in return he can have a full nights kip so that he's refreshed for training in the morning? 

Clearly I'm not saying he should do naff all. But is there any harm in him looking after the baby when he comes home from training and taking the pressure of his Mrs during the day so that she can have a bit of time off so that in return he can have a full nights kip so that he's refreshed for training in the morning?

Training that starts at 9:30/10. Not exactly an early start is it? I could understand if they were in even at 7am every day but they're not.

Training that starts at 9:30/10. Not exactly an early start is it? I could understand if they were in even at 7am every day but they're not.

Regardless of time it must still be tiring though, playing twice a week, training on-top of that and having to get up in the middle of the night a few times to take care of a baby. I can see why he would be knackered.

Regardless of time it must still be tiring though, playing twice a week, training on-top of that and having to get up in the middle of the night a few times to take care of a baby. I can see why he would be knackered.

If they're playing twice a week they're only training 3 days a week. Bear in mind, they generally travel the day before any away game and even on a Tuesday night they travel down in the day to enable the players to get a rest in before the game. Every Wednesday off regardless if they've played Tuesday too.

Seriously now, are you having a laugh?? What else are you going to throw the mans way? You really are running out aren't you. Nuge is a big part of a team that is consistently winning and he is consistantly scoring. There is nothing that you can knock the guy for.

Clearly not a parent, you dont really put the babies in a different room at night until six months at least. So even if he didnt take any responsibilty he would still be affected.

Seriously now, are you having a laugh?? What else are you going to throw the mans way? You really are running out aren't you. Nuge is a big part of a team that is consistently winning and he is consistantly scoring. There is nothing that you can knock the guy for.

Not slagging him off if you bothered to look at what I actually said. I was saying it must be quite hard having to play 2 games a week and training on top plus looking after a newborn baby.

Imagine if Beckford, Wood, Vardy, Waghorn, GTF or even King had not scored in open play since January until yesterday? They'd be hounded out the club. (Watford he scored 2 but I'm confused as to if they 'count')

He managed to cock up a few chances yesterday and scored a very easy goal. He was slightly better vs Barnsley but please put his performance into context when considering the opposition.

To say his movement is fantastic is an insult, you won't find a more static player in the box. I've stated my opinion in previous posts on here so no need to bang on about them again... But the way some people on here worship him is unbelievable, the man can do no wrong. Bizarre.

Not slagging him off if you bothered to look at what I actually said. I was saying it must be quite hard having to play 2 games a week and training on top plus looking after a newborn baby.

So all men who work 40hour weeks see a drop off in performance at work do they?

You're also forgetting he has been sh1t since January!

Imagine if Beckford, Wood, Vardy, Waghorn, GTF or even King had not scored in open play since January until yesterday? They'd be hounded out the club. (Watford he scored 2 but I'm confused as to if they 'count')

He managed to cock up a few chances yesterday and scored a very easy goal. He was slightly better vs Barnsley but please put his performance into context when considering the opposition.

To say his movement is fantastic is an insult, you won't find a more static player in the box. I've stated my opinion in previous posts on here so no need to bang on about them again... But the way some people on here worship him is unbelievable, the man can do no wrong. Bizarre.

It's equally bizarre that the man can do no right in your eyes.

He's been our top scorer for the past two seasons and has scored five so far this season. 

I don't deny Barnsley are crap, but they'll be taking points from other teams with similar aspirations. Forest being one of them so far this season.

This post is actually not as strange as it at first seems.

Anyone who has had a baby will know that your life changes radically, particularly in the first year or so. The sleepless nights thing really does take its toll on your physical and mental well-being.

Nugent actually COULD be tired and this could be attributed to becoming a dad.

Without knowing anything about the 'Nugent's' domestic circumstances, this will be based completely on the nature of his missis. If the expectation is that both of them get up during the night to tend to the baby, or maybe they alternate it? it will have an impact on Nuge.

I'm being serious here. It can often be that players are at their best when they are a bit younger, have less family commitments and don't have very young babies to look after. I personally remember that my performance at work suffered when I had to get up with my son who didn't sleep through the night for at least 18 mths. The little sod!

lol

This post is actually not as strange as it at first seems.

Anyone who has had a baby will know that your life changes radically, particularly in the first year or so. The sleepless nights thing really does take its toll on your physical and mental well-being.

Nugent actually COULD be tired and this could be attributed to becoming a dad.

Without knowing anything about the 'Nugent's' domestic circumstances, this will be based completely on the nature of his missis. If the expectation is that both of them get up during the night to tend to the baby, or maybe they alternate it? it will have an impact on Nuge.

I'm being serious here. It can often be that players are at their best when they are a bit younger, have less family commitments and don't have very young babies to look after. I personally remember that my performance at work suffered when I had to get up with my son who didn't sleep through the night for at least 18 mths. The little sod!

lol

So what was the excuse last season from Jan onwards? Tired trying to make the baby?

People are talking as if this drop in form is recent..

If you take his goal in open play and average it through the season that means he is on course for 5goals. Who have we played that will be up there at the end of the season? Wigan?

If you take his goal in open play and average it through the season that means he is on course for 5goals. Who have we played that will be up there at the end of the season? Wigan?

You can only beat who's in front of you and so far we're averaging over 2 points a game. Of course there will be tougher tests to come but why not try to enjoy our good form and (fingers crossed) Nugent's return to form rather than slating him?

Everyone's form dropped last season, but we seem to have turned it round this season, and despite Nugent's lack of goals in open play, he's been a regular in the striking partnership which has taken us to 3rd place. Hopefully now he will hit the goal trail again now, although 6 in 11 isn't bad no matter how they go in.

return to form ? the space they gave him for his first was schoolboy error  and great pen for sure (but it was a pen ffs)  but his overall game was shit , be honest . if he scores two goals playing like that week in week out , fair enough we'll stand for it but he doesn't

We don't have the money to replace him with any better anyway.

So either support what we have or get on there backs and make em pissed off to be here.

That should work                NOT

return to form ? the space they gave him for his first was schoolboy error and great pen for sure (but it was a pen ffs) but his overall game was shit , be honest . if he scores two goals playing like that week in week out , fair enough we'll stand for it but he doesn't .

How was it shit? Id love to know.

return to form ? the space they gave him for his first was schoolboy error and great pen for sure (but it was a pen ffs) but his overall game was shit , be honest . if he scores two goals playing like that week in week out , fair enough we'll stand for it but he doesn't .

Name us 5 better city strikers in the last 10 years, you shouldn't have too think about it given your comments.

Archived