Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Elvis Hammond, Nathan Blake, Chris O'Grady, Mark De Vries are just a few of the shocking strikers we've seen here in recent years and people are moaning about Nugent?

Incredible. How short are people's memories?

Nugent does a job for the team, and a decent one at that too.

All four combined probably didn't come close to nugnent's wage

Here's my take on it, Nugents problem is Vardy we've seen Nugent at his best and he is a hard working industrial striker however this role has now been taken on by Vardy, point being you can't have two strikers tearing around the pitch for lost causes because you'll just keep on loosing the ball upfront and make space for the opposing team to pass it in.

If you were to drop Vardy and start Wood/Taylor-Fletcher I am sure Nugent would start looking like his old self again. Vardy has improved but he still doesn't look like scoring goals, plenty of running around is fine but It won't win you games. We need more goals.

How do you explain his form at the back-end of last season then?

All strikers go through dry patches even the best, I'm not a believer of dropping a striker just because he is not scoring many goals. The only reason he should be dropped if any is because Chris Wood in my opinion is potentially better but there should be more than enough oppertunities for all 3 of them this season.

No-one has answered my simple question?

Would you rather have Nuge in our team or be playing against a team with him in it?

Answer that and I'll take any criticism of him seriously.

Personally, there are many many strikers in the Championship I'd rather be playing against than Nugent.

I'm happy we have him and still consider him to be Sven's most important overall signing.

At the moment, I would rather be facing him than have him in the team.  I feel that he should be dropped to the bench and we rotate the strikers a little, i.e. play Wood or Schlupp instead of Nugent.  I do not want to get rid of Nuge though - I feel he is one of the better strikers in the league, he is just out of form at present.

I did answer your earlier question in my post- I'm a Nugent fan and I'd far rather see him in a Leicester shirt than playing against us. I noticed against both Wigan and Blackburn several times we got the ball into the box and he wasn't there. Something is not quite right with him at the moment, maybe it's the Forest interest over the summer than unsettled him? Or maybe he's become complacent. Needs to improve and get back to being our most important attacking player.

I'd love to be playing against Nugent, only 10 men who can hurt you.

Leicester City's David Nugent - I want to earn new contract

David Nugent says becoming a dad has made him more determined to earn a new contract at Leicester City.

The striker’s partner, Chloe, gave birth to daughter Rose earlier this month.

1. ​5318320.jpg

Leicester City's David Nugent

Nugent says becoming a dad has changed his outlook on life, with looking after his young familyicon1.png his main priority.

Nugent is out of contract at the end of this season and he says he would love to stay at City.

“Becoming a dad is fantastic, the best feeling I have had in my whole life,” he said.

“I am so proud to be a dad, and the Mrs did wonders as well, the pain she went through.

“I was there for the birth. It was on deadline night so that shows I wasn’t going anywhere. There were a few rumours I was leaving but I was in hospital after her waters broke.

“It is very humbling to be a dad. It massively changes your outlook. You don’t think about football as much during the week when you have a kid.

“They become your No.1 priority. Chloe and Rose are the No.1 priority to me.

“Family is massively important. Football is as well, but family come first.

“I am fighting for a new deal here. If that doesn’t happen then I have to play my best to earn a contract elsewhere.

“I have loved every minute of it here. This is my third season and, hopefully, with my performances and if I score a few more goals, I will be offered a new deal. I would love to stay.”

Nugent has four goals already this season, all of which have come from the penalty spot, and while he admits he would love to get one from open play soon, victories for the team is the target.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-s-David-Nugent-want-earn-new/story-19833455-detail/story.html#ixzz2fizXBndM 
Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Personally I think the club need to look to offer Nugent a new contract now take the pressure off him a bit, I bet the uncertainty regarding his future can't be helping his form he might have to be offered a smaller contract but could always have a promotion increase clause taken into account too

All four combined probably didn't come close to nugnent's wage

And all four of them combined didn't come anywhere near Nugent's goal scoring record. 

He's woefully out of form, but we've seen from these last few games that he can still read the game and position himself to get the chances. Taking them is something that comes and goes, and he'll regain form soon enough. I'm tipping him to get his first open-play goal at Yeovil, and then to go on a run through October.

That said, I'd still bench him for Derby, and possibly Barnsley as well if Wood is fit by then.

And all four of them combined didn't come anywhere near Nugent's goal scoring record. 

He's woefully out of form, but we've seen from these last few games that he can still read the game and position himself to get the chances. Taking them is something that comes and goes, and he'll regain form soon enough. I'm tipping him to get his first open-play goal at Yeovil, and then to go on a run through October.

That said, I'd still bench him for Derby, and possibly Barnsley as well if Wood is fit by then.

Which he won't be.

Pleased to hear Nuge is determined to get a new contract here.

I like Nugent, on the whole.

However, I need to see less smiles and jokes with the opposition team (i.e. laughing with Jordan Rhodes when he scored their penalty a few weeks ago).

He needs to be a hell of a lot more clinical in front of goal - I know he will score a fair few this season once he gets one or two in open play as opposed to another peno!  The last few games his decisions in front of goal have been pretty awful.

I like his work ethic and he does have very good experience, but in reality we need a good reliable goal scorer to go out and be a threat every game.

Schlupp doesn't seem to get much time up front.  Vardy works his bollocks off and I like him but he's not scoring those few chances he gets.  Wood needs to do the simple things better such as jump for the ball and improve his first touch.  I think Waghorn is a very good striker when he's given a good run out but that's not going to happen anytime soon.  

I think we should maybe mix things up for the next game - perhaps GTF and Vardy would work well together?  GTF seemed to link up well with the midfield and strikers when he came on on Saturday.  

You didn't see Schlupp at youth level or on loan at Brentford I take it? Also Nugent is hesitant to shoot and personally I think Vardy is a better player at the moment and the goals he's scored for us have been natural strikers goals.

And you don't think if you played David Nugent in a development match or in League One he wouldn't score goals for fun. 

All strikers go through dry patches even the best, I'm not a believer of dropping a striker just because he is not scoring many goals. The only reason he should be dropped if any is because Chris Wood in my opinion is potentially better but there should be more than enough oppertunities for all 3 of them this season.

Dry Patch lol

He's got 4 goals in 8 games (all comps). Just of of interest if Cup Goals and Penalties both don't count now do's penalty in the cup count as -1? 

I don't really care if their penalties or not, Given our last two play off campaigns I'd of thought we'd have a better understanding of the importance of putting a spot kick away than most. 

Nugent hits around 15 goals a season I will do so again this season, nice to see him making an appearance on scape goat of the week though.

Dry Patch lol

He's got 4 goals in 8 games (all comps). Just of of interest if Cup Goals and Penalties both don't count now do's penalty in the cup count as -1?

I don't really care if their penalties or not, Given our last two play off campaigns I'd of thought we'd have a better understanding of the importance of putting a spot kick away than most.

Nugent hits around 15 goals a season I will do so again this season, nice to see him making an appearance on scape goat of the week though.

Excellent post, can't quite believe folk are moaning about how his goals have come this year. He will score from open play soon enough. Who will we then turn on?

Proving difficult for the DD and Konch haters at the moment.

Nugent,s work rate was ok a couple of years ago but has steadily got worse

I can never make out what makes a player a fans favourite, he seems to get no stick when he doesn't tackle , doesn't chase down or track back.

I suggest you look what he does when "he" loses the ball, he hates it and usually chases the ball around like a terrier, but the trouble is this is the only time he does it.

The best he played was when for a short period it looked like Beeckford might take over top spot, he is too comfortable at the moment , needs a kick up the rear or real competition.

Ps , I hate all this smiling and being best mates with the opposition.

We are third in the league, playing some good football and this on the back of offloading players in an attempt to balance the books.

Yet still, people are trying to find fault with a striker who has been our only real goalscorer for quite some time.

Enjoy being a City fan for a time eh?

The away support at Blackpool was superb and we look to be improving in many areas.

David Nugent is a good striker at this level. He will come good again.

Sit back, stop moaning for a while and support him and the rest of them.

We are third in the league, playing some good football and this on the back of offloading players in an attempt to balance the books.

Yet still, people are trying to find fault with a striker who has been our only real goalscorer for quite some time.

Enjoy being a City fan for a time eh?

The away support at Blackpool was superb and we look to be improving in many areas.

David Nugent is a good striker at this level. He will come good again.

Sit back, stop moaning for a while and support him and the rest of them.

Stop moaning?  FT posters ? have you see the Derby thread  as well? I swear people come on here because they couldn't get through to the Samaritans.

Elvis Hammond, Nathan Blake, Chris O'Grady, Mark De Vries are just a few of the shocking strikers we've seen here in recent years and people are moaning about Nugent?

Incredible. How short are people's memories?

Nugent does a job for the team, and a decent one at that too.

Come on now Bert, he's been as bad as any of them for the last 8 months.

On form no one complains about Nugent, but the fact of the matter is he's been out of form for way too long.

Archived