Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Nugent

Have to disagree with the notion he is 'static'.

You may be right, maybe we should be criticising him, however I wonder what good it would do us?

I put the tail end of last season down to a young team, many in there first full season running out of steam. Poorer team performance led to few goals from nugent.

I actually feel very content with the team ATM, and whilst things are bound to change at some point (maybe even on Tuesday). Am happy we look solid and are performing well as a unit. I am happy nugent (as with all the others) are having a positive contribution and a prepared to remain patient as this team evolves. I have no worries nugent will start scoring again and remember some of the outrageous goals he scored last year. I also like the unselfish nature of the striking relationship developing between nugent and vardy (which to me is the polar opposite of the times I saw the nugent/neck ford partnership).

I do confess I tend to try to look at things from a positive light and sometimes wonder why we can't just give players the benefit of the doubt, particularly when the teams performing well. For me the time to examine things is when things are going badly wrong.

Like I say its just my view on things.

Why focus on the negatives instead of the positives? He wasn't as bad as you're making out today, far from it.

Fair enough, there is always two ways of looking at things.

IMO, positives were: well taken first goal and peeled off in to space. Well placed penalty. He started closing down more after his first goal.

Because some people are desperate to be right.

One game doesn't make anybody right. I bet people like you were saying that when he scored them two goals in the play offs. Just a blip that turned out to be in comparison to form since January. Elvis Hammond scored occasionally you know, oh and Mark De Vries - in fact both even scored against Spurs!

Seriously now, are you having a laugh?? What else are you going to throw the mans way? You really are running out aren't you. Nuge is a big part of a team that is consistently winning and he is consistantly scoring. There is nothing that you can knock the guy for.

3 goals from open play in TWENTY NINE (29) matches suggests otherwise. Not exactly the form you'd expect from your 'main' striker.

Why are you including last season? Why not go back 3 seasons?

People manipulate figures to highlight their own agenda -

"Cup doesnt count"

"penalties dont count"

"I will select the period of time when we were rubbish"

Based on that, we could say -

"On this form he will score 30 goals this season"

"He has a 200% strike rate recently"

"He has played in every league win this year so he must be the catalyst" 

10 of which will be penalties... Gallagher can do that.

Gally has many skills, but putting a shift in like Nuge often does isn't one of them

Nuge is a real team player, it's not his fault that the midfield don't play balls for him to run onto like quite a few of his goals that in each of his two seasons here he's been our top scorer for the past decade at this level.

Yes, he needs to do more in front of goal from open play the stats back that up, but goals will come as he's proved throughout

Only on FT could we be within a solitary result of the top of the table but still be picking fault with one of the best players at the club.

Gally has many skills, but putting a shift in like Nuge often does isn't one of them

Nuge is a real team player, it's not his fault that the midfield don't play balls for him to run onto like quite a few of his goals that in each of his two seasons here he's been our top scorer for the past decade at this level.

Only on FT could we be within a solitary result of the top of the table but still be picking fault with one of the best players at the club.

lol I've never seen Nugent play on the last man and get in behind once. Show me a goal he's scored at Leicester where he's done that. 

Do I really need to answer that?

Yes, last season has zero bearing on this.. You need to stop living in the past, get over it, the team and nugent are doing well.

People manipulate figures to highlight their own agenda -

"Cup doesnt count"

"penalties dont count"

"I will select the period of time when we were rubbish"

Based on that, we could say -

"On this form he will score 30 goals this season"

"He has a 200% strike rate recently"

"He has played in every league win this year so he must be the catalyst"

Totally agree with that.

lol I've never seen Nugent play on the last man and get in behind once. Show me a goal he's scored at Leicester where he's done that.

Derby at home last year?

Think he's a real asset to us. Good all round closing down and you can rely on him to hit 15 a season. Not sure why he's getting stick for the pens. Has taken the responsibility on himself this season and is doing the job.

Edit: season before last.

Does anybody else think its stupid that Nugent has been getting up in the middle of the night to be looking after his new baby considering his job is dependent on physical performance? Some of the comments he made to Stringer after the game blaming tiredness because of the baby were a bit odd I mean considering his Mrs stays at home all day? If I was in his position I'd say I'll look after the baby etc when I get home from training and do my fair share then but surely because she doesn't work so she should do the night shift? Can't blame him for his performance dropping if he's constantly getting up all night to look after the baby.

How do you know his girlfriend doesn't work? bit of a stereotype there... and I take it your not a parent? it is tiring and I imagine even more so being a professional footballer, its his first child so he's not just going to say to her you do all the hard work while I go and work. They are a couple and of course he will be WANTING to do his parenting too

How do you know his girlfriend doesn't work? bit of a stereotype there... and I take it your not a parent? it is tiring and I imagine even more so being a professional footballer, its his first child so he's not just going to say to her you do all the hard work while I go and work. They are a couple and of course he will be WANTING to do his parenting too

lol ginger fox must not have small kids! Just cos we go work does mean your not a parent when u get home. Also once you do have kids you will realise that looking after them day or night is the best feeling in the world !

6 goals already this season, yes the has been a lot of penalties but as we all should know by now getting a penalty does not guarantee a goal, they still need to be well struck and find the back of the net. I for one couldn't give a shit if their all penalties, free kicks, headers or off his arse if they go in they all count.

Who realistically would all you knockers prefer? We have a stiler at the minute in the league with a better than one in two average. If he keeps up this scoring rate we will be ther or ther snouts come what May.

Archived