Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Derby Pre Match

Wood is out for a week or so, as revealed at the weekend. I'd keep Vardy and Nugent up front, as both of them need an open play goal. Yes we have 4 games in the next 12 days, but after that another fortnight off, so I don't think too much resting is required. I'd give one of James or Hammond 90 minutes in place of one of DD/King. I think I'd give Morgan a breather tomorrow too and play the tank if cleared to play, otherwise Miquel. Schlupp could do with some game time too

This I think is a good shout - but maybe taylor-fletcher somewhere in the mix - maybe for Knocky of Nuge

This would be a great chance for GTF to play, but I doubt he can go 90 minutes (same with Wasyl).

I'd like Schlupp to play 90 minutes.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/230913-pearson-set-to-make-changes-1072062.aspx

Nigel Pearson told Foxes Player: “[We’ve got] no injuries, apart from a few players who are suffering with colds, but it isn’t anything that will stop them from playing.

“We’ve got a relatively fit and healthy squad but I’ll be making changes. It’s a chance to get one or two players pitch time, but I don’t see it as us being weakened, it’s just a chance to see one or two different faces out there.

“We’re making changes because we think it’s right as we’ve played the same starting XI three games on the spin. I thought one or two looked, not jaded, but we didn’t get the same level of performance in certain ways.

“This is an opportunity to utilise the squad and I think we’ve got some very good players who have not started the last few games. It’s not a case that we’d be picking a different side because we don’t take it seriously, we want to win this game and the players who start will be looking forward to playing and looking to stake their claim. All in all I think it’ll be a really good game.

“If this was a league fixture I think I’d make changes anyway, based on the fact I think we probably need some freshening up, not because it’s a cup game.

“As far as I’m concerned, the cup games have helped us and I want that to continue. The players are confident and there is a positive spirit in the camp and positive results can only help that.â€

However the manager admits he is an admirer of the job that Derby boss Nigel Clough has been doing at Pride Park, adding: “I don’t know what’s in their minds in terms of the starting line-up but I think they’re a much improved side.

“Nigel has been there for four years and he’s had to work exceptionally hard to build his own squad. They’re an excellent footballing side and have a good work ethic.

“That all adds to it and I think we have a healthy respect for each other.

“Nigel has picked an unchanged side of late. After the weekend’s defeat I don’t know whether he’ll want to change it as well. There are a few unknowns ahead of tomorrow’s game, but as with any local derby, it should be a keenly contested match.

“It’s good for us to be at home in the cup tie but to play against local rivals will give a different edge to it and we’ll be looking to win.â€

I get the feeling we'll see a completely different side, and the fact none of the fringe players are playing for under 21s today means they'll be playing tomorrow.

Logan

Wasylweski (whatever I can't be bothered searching his name)

Whitbread

Miquel

Bakayogo

James

Hammond

Taylor-Fletcher

Knockaert

Schlupp

Hopper

Would have been wood if he wasn't injured, Could be 4-4-2 with Taylor Flectcher upfront with Hopper, but I reckon it would be a good time to play Knockaert in the hole.

Why do folk keep using ridiculously unfunny names for Derby (Dierby), Forest (Florist) and Leicester (Fester)?. Its embarrassing and retarded.

Pack it in.....

I have to say that I totally agree. Some of the kids on here have a great deal of growing up to do. If the're not kids, then they are "flunkers".

So Nigel going to play the reserves and probably lose the chance of doing well in a cup we could go far in. It annoys me it's not took seriously.

We will be totally out sung as our crowd so far is embarrassing (6000 I was told this morning)

I'm with Bert and have a bad feeling about it.

ALSO Florist Florist Florist sorry but Iike being childish.

So Nigel going to play the reserves and probably lose the chance of doing well in a cup we could go far in. It annoys me it's not took seriously.

We will be totally out sung as our crowd so far is embarrassing (6000 I was told this morning)

I'm with Bert and have a bad feeling about it.

ALSO Florist Florist Florist sorry but Iike being childish.

Good post, love your positivity....

Archived