Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Derby Match Thread

No, I'm saying that you're expecting far too much of the team. You can't win every game. I'm sure you'd be the first person moaning if we smashed Derby with a first team 6-0 tonight but come Saturday against Barnsley we lost because the team were tired.

Expecting far too much of the team by thinking we can beat Derby at home in the cup? Are you pissed? What a lot of fookin garbage

Way too much gets read into those Huddersfield cup games last season.

The fans got on the manager and players' backs needlessly after that game. The pressure built and the longer it went on the worse the fans got. You'd be incredibly naive to think that players don't read forums and twitter. It gets to them. Fans can be a difference. Let it not happen again.

Has NP not learned anything from last season?, treat the cup seriously !

Is the game over already?

Have you paid to go tonight? they have a right to boo! we've been awful tonight! Once again Nigel as disrespected the cup! 

I didn't know you buy the right to boo when buying a cup ticket... is this in the small print?

The fans got on the manager and players' backs needlessly after that game. The pressure built and the longer it went on the worse the fans got. You'd be incredibly naive to think that players don't read forums and twitter. It gets to them. Fans can be a difference. Let it not happen again.

Oh give over.

The fans were right behind them when they were doing well. Last season should be a lesson to them to not take their eye off the ball and to try 100% in every match.

Like I've always said, the support thing is give and take. If you don't put in maximum effort, there are no excuses if you get criticised and booed.

We collapsed last season because our squad was fragile and we stopped playing the positive football we'd built our good runs on. It had nothing to do with the fans whatsoever. It's the players who let the club down, remember that.

Have you paid to go tonight? they have a right to boo! we've been awful tonight! Once again Nigel as disrespected the cup!

No one forced them to go, and it was made clear by Nigel lots of changes would be made, everyone knew it would be the ressies playing, have a look at most people's team selections on the ore match thread.

They did do what they want. They paid £20 to watch the reserves.

What do they expect? :unsure:

Exactly, boo if you want but they can't moan, they knew what was coming in terms of team selection.

Supporters booing at half time when the ressies are playing Derbyshire first team? A joke and sums up our shit support!

Some people really need to get a grip and some perspective.

Of course the people who have paid to go deserve to boo. While I don't disagree with his selection, it's not worked, we look awful and this is what happens. And it's not a reserve fixture anyway.

reading all the comments, there really are only a couple of things to say. the team is far to weak and yes i understand that we need to try the fringe players but not all together. this is like Huddersfield all over again without doubt and i was there so i know. it ruined last season as we were so poor it took us months to get any momentum again and build the confidence, 2 subs okay Llloyd and nuge will make a difference up front but the defence is garbage. how are going to stop Derby scoring this half. lets hope i am wrong and we get three this half. if we do lose lets hope it dont mess up the season again

Is the game over already?

I didn't know you buy the right to boo when buying a cup ticket... is this in the small print?

I don't agree with people feeling like they're entitled etc. But we're playing shit. The crowd isn't exactly going to cheer while we're losing to a mediocre team.

We're no more likely going to win lose or draw on Sat. if we'd started today with a decent team selection. What makes people think we'd be better off resting players.....Is our record on Saturdays after a tuesday league match really poor? If we're worried about injuries then why are any of our starting 11 out there?

Exactly, boo if you want but they can't moan, they knew what was coming in terms of team selection.

Well no they didn't. The line-up was announced an hour before kick-off, Pearson said he'd make 'a few' changes (not eight) and we played a virtually full strength side in our last League Cup outing, against weaker opposition.

So yes, they can moan.

Let's hope for a serious second half rather than a piss-take.

I agree with DT. It's an insult to the paying supporters to not even seem bothered. Not impressive Pearson.

Because he told them to go out and be not bothered? You don't think he's told them to go out there and maybe you'll get into the first team?

No one forced them to go, and it was made clear by Nigel lots of changes would be made, everyone knew it would be the ressies playing, have a look at most people's team selections on the ore match thread.

One or two changes are fair but change more than four is simply ridiculous! 

If he picked a strong side and they won, it would have been a good morale booster going into saturday's game.

Were there boos?

For a 2nd string team playing in the League Cup?

Get a grip!

This. Our fans are fvcking embarrassing. There's young lads like Schlupp and Hopper out there. We wonder why youngsters end up fvcking off? Probably cause they get boo'd when they don't set the world on fire.

Archived