Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OriginalRobboFOX

Keeper Situation

Great game tonight but the whole Nidge selection policy got me thinking. He was saying on RL that it would be better for some of the other lads in reserve to get a bit of game time. But why not Conrad?

Granted you might think he's gash but if Kasper goes tits up or gets injured then rusty Conrad is in. Not sure why if Nidge don't fancy him he didn't look for better cover on loan or on a free.

It's the only area of the team that concerns me at present.

Great game tonight but the whole Nidge selection policy got me thinking. He was saying on RL that it would be better for some of the other lads in reserve to get a bit of game time. But why not Conrad?

Granted you might think he's gash but if Kasper goes tits up or gets injured then rusty Conrad is in. Not sure why if Nidge don't fancy him he didn't look for better cover on loan or on a free.

I think if Kasper didn't make that error on saturday, Nigel would have rested him tonight. However i think Nigel wanted to probably get rid of any negativity from that out of his head, if you get my drift. If he had picked either Conrad or young adam smith it would looked as if he was dropped due to that error. 

You're right to be concerned. I watched Conrad against Liverpool U21s, and you'd basically concede with every shot on goal at Champ level. He's a fantastic servant, I love him, but he's got little ability in comparison to Kasper. Adam Legzdins at Derby would be good backup, but he'd only come if we were in the prem.

Logan plays all the non first team games so he's match fit and ready, and maybe after Kaspers mess up at the end of the Blackpool game NP felt it would be good for him to have a game & get it out of his system (if there was any hangover). Possibly he wanted him behind what was otherwise a mixed up and new defence. Not bothered really, but if I'm honest I'd rather we start our best 11 each game, get into a winning position then rest a few. Winning breads confidence and players don't feel so tired as they do if we lose.

Regardless of Kasper's mistake at Blackpool, I personally think he was playing tonight. Derby are a decent Championship side and I believe it's a big gamble to play Conrad. I don't rate Logan at all, I have no confidence in his ability.

Better to have Logan coming in 'rusty' for the remainder of any game where Kasper gets injured or sent off than to put him in tonight and go out of the cup. Logan will only ever play the remainder of a game where he comes on from the bench. Any injury/suspension and within a couple of days we'd have someone in on an emergency loan.

Logan must be purely there to cover the rest of a game if Kasper gets injured or maybe deputise for 1 game if Kasper gets two yellows. 

I'm pretty sure as soon as Kasper (god forbid it doesn't happen) got injured Steve Walsh or the DoF would be looking into the loan market for a replacement before the final whistle. I'd even go as far to say if Kasper got a 3 game suspension they'd go into the loan market. 

I've said since the summer we need a quality young understudy for Kasper to mentor.

I cant think of a better role model for any young talented keeper.

Logan is a lower league player, and if Kasper got injured and was out for more than one or two games we would be in shit, unless we could loan in fast.

Nah, not for long anyway. We'd be straight into the emergency loan market. He's literally here to see out any game or short term absentees anything longer than 3-4 games we'd get an alternative. 

Archived