Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Fulham - Capital one cup last 16

Yeh tbf I'll probably go to this if it's £15. Then again if I was over 22 paying £20 I'd probably be disappointed it wasn't a bit cheaper.

I still can't see it being a great crowd just because it's the league cup against a nothing club. If it's 20K I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Looking at the picture in that article - is the Kop OAP central or what?

In most part of the ground u22 is a tenner and adult is 15 mate

season ticket holders for free is a great idea for early rounds in the league cup. 

Leicester City, when all said and done, is a business and I fully understand why they cant do that. Putting on a game costs lot of money. How many staff is there that they have to pay? Quite a lot. Having said that, its probably better to have a full stadium with dirt cheap tickets than a half empty one with more expensive ones. Plus they would make more from food sales etc. But hey ho £15 isnt excessive.

Don't the away club also have a say in the pricing of cup games if so perhaps Fulham wanted £15 per ticket.

yeah Rule 22.1 Immediately after the draw is known the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the prices. All questions in dispute must be immediately referred to the Management Committee for settlement.

Sorry, explain to me how these ticket prices are a bad thing?!

It's £15 and we're hosting Premier League opposition! In our position, despite our form i.e in the Championship, £15 is a bargain to host Fulham. 

Please think before you post. Ticket prices cannot be blamed at all in this case for a poor attendance.

Yes they can if your working on a low budget.

You can only talk for yourself not every fan of the club.

Praps you should take your own advice and think before you post.

season ticket holders for free is a great idea for early rounds in the league cup.

If they offer STH free tickets the club still have to make up the discounted amount and include it in the game receipts to be split with the opposition. So, although it would be free to fans, it'd still cost the club say £15 x 15,000 season tickets, and that's something they can't afford to do given FFP.

Well £15 in comparison to what other prices have been charged for previous games is a good price. Look at the bigger picture. £15 to host a Premier League side. 

I get that people working on a low budget find it difficult. Would it interest you to know that I'm in the same boat? I can't afford most games but I can imagine that £15 for the majority of supporters isn't that much to pay considering who we are playing.

So yes, I will take my own advice and think before I post and not jump to the easy conclusion of blaming ticket prices for a poor turnout. Standard of competition could be blamed, but in this instance, it'd be very harsh to blame the club for the ticket pricing to explain why there might be a poor attendance.

Well £15 in comparison to what other prices have been charged for previous games is a good price. Look at the bigger picture. £15 to host a Premier League side. 

I get that people working on a low budget find it difficult. Would it interest you to know that I'm in the same boat? I can't afford most games but I can imagine that £15 for the majority of supporters isn't that much to pay considering who we are playing.

So yes, I will take my own advice and think before I post and not jump to the easy conclusion of blaming ticket prices for a poor turnout. Standard of competition could be blamed, but in this instance, it'd be very harsh to blame the club for the ticket pricing to explain why there might be a poor attendance.

It's not just the ticket price.

Transport food drinks and getting to a night game after work is not easy for everyone.

So even at a fiver for the ticket they may struggle along with the extra's.

My point was you telling someone to think before they post.

Just because it may not apply to you dose not mean it's not relivant.

Also some peoples budget may only allow them to go to certain games and they choose to go to league games.

Or have bought a season ticket and can not afford extra games.

It's not just the ticket price.

Transport food drinks and getting to a night game after work is not easy for everyone.

So even at a fiver for the ticket they may struggle along with the extra's.

My point was you telling someone to think before they post.

Just because it may not apply to you dose not mean it's not relivant.

Also some peoples budget may only allow them to go to certain games and they choose to go to league games.

Or have bought a season ticket and can not afford extra games.

Dont buy food and drink then? Take some with you and save you're money. Seems to me people just prefer to moan about things, rather than actually using their noggin.

So what should the club charge then?

£15 for a last 16 tie in a premier cup competition is really pretty good value. I hope people will attend, after all the club really could use the turnover and a win could see a real money spinning quarter final, which in our current financial position, might help balance the books.

Yes your right they would.

But are fullham any bigger draw than a mid table championship side.

Regardless of the fact that Fulham may not be the 'big' tie everyone wants, its a last 16 tie in a competition we could go far in if we get through this and get a lucky draw. To do this the fans are needed to support the players, not support the opposition. It just strikes me as odd that people would be willing to pay more if we were playing Man utd etc. and would have a much lesser chance of progressing, rather than a pay a very decent £15 against a prem club in a tie where we have a good chance of progressing.

Archived