Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Doncaster Post Match Thread (A)

I don't think the international break could've come at a better time, in honesty. Give everyone a chance to recharge their batteries.

We can't keep giving away silly, silly goals, though I know today was a freak.

Indeed lost at Charlton and did well after let's hope for the same response...

Yep he should be taller the stupid bastard how dare he not win headers against a man at least 3 ft bigger than him. 

I might be wrong but aren't you a big fan of Schlupp?! hahahahahah

Well he's done **** all since January. First half when we played it on the ground he was useless, continually tripping over the ball or messing up counter attacks. I don't understand how he starts week in week out. 

So what if I'm a fan of Schlupp? He's been ****ed about, solid at left back continually and then every time gets dropped for Konch who at times (last season - much improved this season imo) has been terrible. Never really given a run up front. Maybe if he was given the run of 35 games that Nugent has had, he may well have contributed more than a mere 3 goals from open play.

The squad is overrated unfortunately.

If it wasn't for all those penalties we would be on like 14 points.

Why on earth hoof the ball, when Doncaster have like a 6ft7 defender at the back, are our players deluded or something. It was the same against Birmingham until we brought on Dyer and Knockaert, all we did was hoof the ball, and cross the ball into the box, Dan Burn had a field day for like 70 minutes. Seems like Rob Jones had a field day today for Donny. 

The midfield lacking urgency again, that was a major problem last season, in games like this. We should be far more capable in breaking teams like Doncaster down, the midfield was negative enough last season at times, we don't want to see it occurring again. When Dyer and Knockaert play poor, the team as a whole seems to play poor. Knockaert was a revelation last season in the early stages, then his form dipped and we went shit. 

As for the strikers, they are literally a bag of wank, Nugent has done bugger all apart from score penalties, wouldn't surprise me as Vardy has had his haircut now, he will go back to being shit. Wood yes injured, but before his injury he was the worst player in our team. 

When certain things don't come together, and we fail to click and run out of ideas, we are an average Championship side.

Back down to earth with a bang.

It was always going to be difficult having conceded an early goal against a cautious, defensive side who offered us no space. We got into one or two promising positions but a distinct inability to cross the football and some truly wasteful passing meant they were rarely taken advantage of, Pearson can't be blamed for that - the players must, today.

I'd like to see us move for another out-and-out winger in the loan market over the international break, it's a "square pegs in round holes" situation when we have no natural options out there as replacement for Lloyd or Knocky should they have a bad day. Hopefully Wood will be fit and firing after this break, too.

A crap game, but I don't know how much can be read into it considering the manner of their goal/win and the way they set up from the 15th minute onwards. Onto the next one.

Well he's done **** all since January. First half when we played it on the ground he was useless, continually tripping over the ball or messing up counter attacks. I don't understand how he starts week in week out. 

So what if I'm a fan of Schlupp? He's been ****ed about, solid at left back continually and then every time gets dropped for Konch who at times (last season - much improved this season imo) has been terrible. Never really given a run up front. Maybe if he was given the run of 35 games that Nugent has had, he may well have contributed more than a mere 3 goals from open play.

Oh man i've just laughed so much i dribbled everywhere. I think i'm having a heart attack. 

Nugent's comfortably our best striker, whether that says anything about him or our strike force is a different matter. But he is. Deal with it. 

Woeful game that was. Hoof ball with no big player up front. Embarrassing that their keeper had nothing t do.

Nugent was abject today totally useless really was.

Id also question why James wasn't brought on to help win things in midfield.

Donny were a poor team but they got their tactics spot on. We didn't.

Oh man i've just laughed so much i dribbled everywhere. I think i'm having a heart attack. 

Nugent's comfortably our best striker, whether that says anything about him or our strike force is a different matter. But he is. Deal with it. 

You keep telling yourself that Nugent's our best striker. 'Best strikers' score more than 3 goals in open play since January. Face it, your Scouse bum chum is shit.

You keep telling yourself that Nugent's our best striker. 'Best strikers' score more than 3 goals in open play since January. Face it, your Scouse bum chum is shit.

Well he is unless you can tell me one who's better? Vardy's 2 goals this season? Wood's no league goals this season? Yep. Thought so. 

Back to today's game, it was pretty depressing but 2 weeks to sort that and hopefully we'll be back how we should be by next time out. 

Fell asleep this afternoon and had a dream that we played the total non entity that is Doncaster Rovers Football Club and put in such a shit display that we actually lost to them. Anyway, I'm awake now and looking forward to seeing what really happens.

I don't think you can blame strikers when they're outnumbered by defenders two to one each and service coming in is as bad as it was today.

To win games like that you need quick, incisive passing and movement to draw the opponents out of position and then precision deliveries to people in space. We were slow, rigid, couldn't find any space and even when we did get the ball in the box the delivery was awful

Well he is unless you can tell me one who's better? Vardy's 2 goals this season? Wood's no league goals this season? Yep. Thought so. 

Yes, Vardy with 1 more goal from open play this season than Nugent. The Wood who has been injured. Schlupp who hasn't had a proper run. Waghorn who has been scoring at Millwall. 

Nugent is robbing a living. Besides the point, if you have to state that Nugent is our 'best striker' to hide the fact that he's shit says something.

At the end of the day it's a freak mistake that has lead to them winning.  What is disappointing is the way we tried to force the equaliser, we wouldn't have scored if we were still playing now and that's frustrating against a team like Doncaster who let's face it, will be near the bottom at the end of the season.  I can't see the top teams going away to Doncaster and not come back with anything.

Yes, Vardy with 1 more goal from open play this season than Nugent. The Wood who has been injured. Schlupp who hasn't had a proper run. Waghorn who has been scoring at Millwall.

Nugent is robbing a living. Besides the point, if you have to state that Nugent is our 'best striker' to hide the fact that he's shit says something.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

What a really nasty, spiteful sentence that is.

He's been poor for a while but grow up.

How is it? If I turn up to work for a good 6/7 working months, sit at my desk and do f all, I'd probably get sacked.

But don't worry, I won't get sacked because I smile whilst I sit there.

Archived