Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Doncaster Post Match Thread (A)

Fair play to them they defended well, we lacked ideas, pumping long balls at a defence that strong in the air will get you nowhere and low and behold we got nowhere. 

Calamitous by Schimemical, he's cost us a point. Hopefully a mistake he wont be repeating again for some time.

I'm probably overreacting but what a *********** load of ****.

We were clueless.

Why oh why did we keep hitting it high into the box when they have the tallest defenders in the world? Food and *********** drink for them. 

Nugent looks **** and am annoyed when he got defensive with Stringer the other day when asked about his scoring record from open play. Well Dave, you need to sort yourself out because you didn't have a ********* peno to save you today did you? you were ****

Dyer is like a robot who has to be programmed at the start of the season and can't think for himself. Worst footballer ever. 

Drinkwater is ****

I am very annoyed tonight as it was a chance missed  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad: 

no excuses.

Kasper gave them the win and our mids and attackers weren't good enough to beat a poor Doncaster side.

Why we kept hoofing the long ball into Jones who was gash on the floor beats me.

Still a couple of bad games in 12 is reasonable.

Yep Jones was made to look like a world class defender today, cleared everything because we kept putting it on his head

Does Morgan ever win any headers up front, from set pieces or throw ins? 

Had we got the first goal or a goal during our strong spell at the end of the first half we'd have routed them.

I'm sure when he gets some form of service he may stand a decent chance of winning one or two.

Unlucky really. They didn't deserve to score. We didn't deserve to score due to a complete lack of any quality in the final third, but on another day we'd have nicked that one nil.

Big questions for me on the point of bringing on Schlupp if we have no intention of bringing him into the game and he is happy to ride it out.

Danny Drinkwater needs to change his mindset away from automatically seeking the easy backwards pass and towards looking forward. Countless times he had the ball in space and just needed to take his time, look up and find a pass, but instead he treats the ball like a grenade and just gets rid of it as soon as possible.

Knocky as per usual looked like our only player capable of beating a man which is great, but he needs to start getting the ball into the box.

Vardy and Nugent never looked close to scoring but that's perhaps more to do with the terrible service.

Poor performance. Things I noticed from the stream, bare in mind this is the first game I've actually managed to watch this season...

1. When we played it on the ground we were very good, except in our attacking third. Knocky doing too much with the ball, and very predictable, cutting in from the right onto his left, never attempting to go around. Strikers were absolutely ineffective. Dyer was the bigger threat, and NFP took him off? Why he did that beats me, would rather Vardy or Nugent taken off. Schlupp did nothing of note, didn't provide the spark we needed.

2. Defence was solid, they only had 3/4 shots I'm fairly sure. Wasilewski is a beast, complements Moore and Morgan brilliantly. Konchesky and RDL both had a decent performance.

3. Delivery was shocking. 

4. Drinkwater was the better midfielder, King wasn't anonymous but wasn't taking control. Game was crying out for James in my opinion

5. Nugent not playing with a smile at the moment? Confidence maybe? 

6. Kasper made the error for the goal yes, but he made 2 cracking saves just after. His error was poor, uncharacteristic from what I've seen of him.

And once more Nugent was shocking. The Nugent lovers have crawled back into their caves after their outing on Tuesday night, they were so eager, it was the first time they'd seen light since January. Not good enough.

The whole team was wank, stop trying to target one player.

And once more Nugent was shocking. The Nugent lovers have crawled back into their caves after their outing on Tuesday night, they were so eager, it was the first time they'd seen light since January. Not good enough.

Yep he should be taller the stupid bastard how dare he not win headers against a man at least 3 ft bigger than him. 

I might be wrong but aren't you a big fan of Schlupp?! hahahahahah

The most one sided yet limp match i have ever seen . O well onto the next game 3 points needed .

I am shuddering at the thought of all the over the top posts that will appear on here tonight . After one defeat all of a sudden everything is wrong with the team  we have just been lucky so far and so on blah blah blah  :frusty:

Wasteful corners

Poor passing

No idea how to break 'em down

Panicked and resorted to hoof

Very bad day at the office.

I just hope no other of the ex lcfc players take up management.

Also, as an aside, Kevin Poole was on a subs bench today at 50 years young, legend.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

- We've got one of the best passing teams in the league

- We've got no players that can cross, win the ball in the air, make long passes or take good long throw-ins

- They had a few 6'5"+ players

And what did we do? The second half in particular, it looked as if we were actively playing to our weaknesses. We can all see it. It begs the questions, why can't the players and NP see it? 

This performance is exactly how NP gets the words "Tactically Inept" after his name. 

Shambles!

Our play in the final third was dreadful, but at the back we looked a very solid outfit bar one isolated incident of extreme madness.  On the few occasions they managed to get forward with intent, Moore & co were there to tell em to do one.  Unfortunately they stuck all 11 men behind the ball in the 2nd half so it was that much harder to break through them - yes we were gash at doing so, but if they'd been even one percent more attacking I reckon we could have found a hole to exploit.

It wasn't that bad. Defended reasonably well IMO although we were very poor going forward.

Even so it's hard to see how a 1-0 away defeat could evoke such rage, we were no worse than them IMO, yeah it's only Doncaster but but I still think we're overreacting.

Well I guess if you're happy enough being about as good as Doncaster then yeah that was a good display. 

Archived