Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Doncaster Post Match Thread (A)

Terrible performance, sort of game 352 would have been useful for but oh well.

Kasper will save us more points than he loses us.

The whole midfield were poor and neither of the strikers did a thing. Nugent was particularly wank again.

Oh and the arsehole Leicester fan who pushed me at the end was a ****

What I couldn't get my head round is why we persisted with the long ball, when our front two couldn't win a header all day.

Today we needed to be patient and control the possession of the ball and break them down with good football, but their game plan worked, they got us playing the long ball game, which doesn't suit us.

Sadly today tactically Doncaster did the better job, just a bit disappointed we played so lacklustre, and with no adventure.

All this said its one bad performance, let's move on and hope we never see that again this season.

Today was a horrible echo of last season. I'm still in shock that Pearson's only change (other than RDL's injury) was to bring on Schlupp for Dyer. King and Drinkwater were poor all game and never looked like breaking them down, so why not try James? Nugent and Vardy may as well have not been on the pitch, so why not try Schlupp upfront? At least he has some strength.

My main frustration with last season was Pearson's seemingly lack of tactical ability to set up a team to break down 4-5-1, anti-football teams. Last season his answer was a 442, persisting with the same system throughout the whole 90 mins and hoofing if in doubt. It didn't work.

I had hoped he'd learnt his lessons from last season, but my fear is back. He's brilliant at setting up a hard-working and defensively sound teams, but my fear is he has no idea idea how to set-up the team in the final third.

Today was dreadful, it wasn't the players that lost the match, it was the manager.

Today was a horrible echo of last season. I'm still in shock that Pearson's only change (other than RDL's injury) was to bring on Schlupp for Dyer. King and Drinkwater were poor all game and never looked like breaking them down, so why not try James? Nugent and Vardy may as well have not been on the pitch, so why not try Schlupp upfront? At least he has some strength.

My main frustration with last season was Pearson's seemingly lack of tactical ability to set up a team to break down 4-5-1, anti-football teams. Last season his answer was a 442, persisting with the same system throughout the whole 90 mins and hoofing if in doubt. It didn't work.

I had hoped he'd learnt his lessons from last season, but my fear is back. He's brilliant at setting up a hard-working and defensively sound teams, but my fear is he has no idea idea how to set-up the team in the final third.

Today was dreadful, it wasn't the players that lost the match, it was the manager.

Drinkwater was one of the positives today. Would James have made any impact in our search forvan equaliser? i dont think so.

Not sure why us fans cant hold our hands up at times and just admit it was one of those games. Thete was no blame in that we didnt score, it just wasn't going to happen today.

I am a massive Pearson fan, but I have to question the fact that he has been sticking with the same 11 just because it won the last game. I mean surely you should look at each game individually and form a tactical opinion on how to win the game and not just persist with the 11 from the last game just because we won. Today I think we should have played 3 CMs.

Pearson has been more open to change this season with his formation, but I still think that we can do more. For example we don't always have to play the 2 up top and definitely not 4 3 3, I would like to see a 4 2 3 1 with Drinkwater/Hammond and James sitting with King, Knocky and Vardy behind Nugent.

He is mate. Goalies do make mistakes. It just so happens that when goalies fcuk up it usually ends up with a goal. He's saved us more lots more points than he's cost us. I wouldn't swap him for any other goalie in the championship.

I don't deny any of the above but your last sentence sums it up, championship. Top class isn't championship. Very good keeper but not top class.

I just get so sick of going to some games over the years and watching thick football.

We have no height up front so why just waste the ball time and time again to their CB Jones who won everything, surely we can realise smashing it long was getting it now where.

Donny were poor but they knew how to defend against us, push us wide and make us put poor crosses in the box which they will clear all day.

Very frustrating and poor display.

And i know due to all the pens hes our top scorer but Nugent was pathetic today, couldnt control it, pass it or have a decent shot all day,  was no use to use at all.

Drinkwater was one of the positives today. Would James have made any impact in our search forvan equaliser? i dont think so.

Not sure why us fans cant hold our hands up at times and just admit it was one of those games. Thete was no blame in that we didnt score, it just wasn't going to happen today.

With you on Drinky. It's a standard comment on here to say the forwards can't survive without service, but we had so much ball today and no-one really making penetrative runs demanding that ball. I thought our front two today were truly poor.

I am a massive Pearson fan, but I have to question the fact that he has been sticking with the same 11 just because it won the last game. I mean surely you should look at each game individually and form a tactical opinion on how to win the game and not just persist with the 11 from the last game just because we won. Today I think we should have played 3 CMs.

Pearson has been more open to change this season with his formation, but I still think that we can do more. For example we don't always have to play the 2 up top and definitely not 4 3 3, I would like to see a 4 2 3 1 with Drinkwater/Hammond and James sitting with King, Knocky and Vardy behind Nugent.

Said this another thread both before and after the game. In the interest of objectivity though, changing a team that has won 5 out of the last 6 games may not have had things turn out any different. After all, it wasnt our formation that threw the ball in the net. A point would have been fine today and if it were not for that, it would have happened.

Shame really.

City were pants today.Kaspers made a howler, but to be fair then made 2 great saves before half time.Donny defende well all game, City were too narrow and had no width, I was surprised Hammond did not come on to try and change things.Great turnout by City fans again and nice to see Wellens get a good reception when he warmed up second half.

City were pants today.Kaspers made a howler, but to be fair then made 2 great saves before half time.Donny defende well all game, City were too narrow and had no width, I was surprised Hammond did not come on to try and change things.Great turnout by City fans again and nice to see Wellens get a good reception when he warmed up second half.

Not sure if adding a central midfielder to the play would help with width.

We should really have gone 3-5-3 or 4-3-3 for this game and just kept it compact for the draw.

Slightly curious subs. We weren't exactly being over run at the back so quite why we brought a new CB on I'm not entirely sure. To also go narrow when facing perhaps one of the worst RB's I've seen in my life was also interesting' as was the decision to go long against a CB who is 6ft7 and abysmal on the deck.

Drinkwater gave it away too much today and never passes forward. Moves slow down when he receives the ball.

James is our most creative central midfielder. He's willing to move forward with ball and look for openings. Worth a go, especially as King and Drinkwater looked a little tired.

Slightly curious subs. We weren't exactly being over run at the back so quite why we brought a new CB on I'm not entirely sure. To also go narrow when facing perhaps one of the worst RB's I've seen in my life was also interesting' as was the decision to go long against a CB who is 6ft7 and abysmal on the deck.

RDL got injured son Moore had to go RB and the pole at CB.

Fed up of hearing people call Kasper top class, he's not, even at 3pm today he wasn't top class!

I've always said he ain't that good, certainly not the best keeper in the division and I didn't think we was last season either. Not just because of today's match, it must be tough as a goalkeeper because their errors get highlighted.

But I've always said if he was any good, he would have been a top flight goalkeeper by the age of 26/27 and not have played for Leeds, Leicester and Notts County as a regular goalkeeper.

It must be tough because of his name. I think people will always make comparisons because of that.

Trouble is we have no decent competition, so Kasper will start by default.

Archived