Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Doncaster Post Match Thread (A)

How is it? If I turn up to work for a good 6/7 working months, sit at my desk and do f all, I'd probably get sacked.

He's not doing f all. He's not doing much well, but he's not doing f all.

"Robbing a living". Embarrassing.

Just got back... Horrid game. Left frustrated more than anything. Especially considering we've lost to two rubbish teams.

Kasper has made a horrid error, not sure what he was doing actually because nobody was challenging him. Just one of those things though, make a mistake as a goalkeeper and it will get highlighted like today. In the end, it's the difference.

Didn't think we deserved a win though. Had a couple of chances, the one in the first half which rolled across the 6 yard box. Dyer asleep most of the game, midfield didn't really 'boss' it. Thought Morgan was ok though, he battled.

Seriously, was Andy King even on the pitch in the 2nd half?? I don't remember him touching the ball once?! Knockaert's set pieces today were abysmal! Drinkwater looked clueless and sloppy and both strikers were too easily kept out of the game. Schmeicel has had a 'mare with the goal but it happens and apart from that he was fine. Disappointing day but we need to move on...

Poor from start to finish. Another individual error has cost us which is a shame. No one was at the races today. Too many half hearted challenges going in. We kept on lumping the ball up to their huge centre halves that won everything. You think they'd have learnt their lesson at half time but no.

They made it very hard for us but we didn't help ourselves one bit. Time wasting from the moment they went ahead.

Write it off as a bad day at the office. Can see a few changes coming in for the Huddersfield game. Strange how we've only been beaten by managers that were Pearsons players!

Still in a great position.

Poor from start to finish. Another individual error has cost us which is a shame. No one was at the races today. Too many half hearted challenges going in. We kept on lumping the ball up to their huge centre halves that won everything. You think they'd have learnt their lesson at half time but no.

They made it very hard for us but we didn't help ourselves one bit. Time wasting from the moment they went ahead.

Write it off as a bad day at the office. Can see a few changes coming in for the Huddersfield game. Strange how we've only been beaten by managers that were Pearsons players!

Still in a great position.

That's right Bert. Their Steve Bald lookalike won everything all game. They should've learnt that by HT.

Fed up of hearing people call Kasper top class, he's not, even at 3pm today he wasn't top class!

He is mate. Goalies do make mistakes. It just so happens that when goalies fcuk up it usually ends up with a goal. He's saved us more lots more points than he's cost us. I wouldn't swap him for any other goalie in the championship.

Pearson should have changed things up as well. It's unacceptable to just sit in the stand and twiddle your thumbs while the opposition sees out 75 minutes.

Totally agree.

He should be on the touch line encouraging and giving instructions.

Great start to the season and I'm not anti Pearson but he should be doing more during the course of the game to earn his money.

A missed opportunity but the championship throws up some odd results

Credit to Doncaster, they got a fortunate goal, but made the most of it by playing a very organised defensive game, playing on the floor wasn't working for us because they harried and hurried, but didn't over commit unless it looked like we might breakthrough, then they always seemed to have a man over, generally they forced us back and regrouped and we resorted to long balls because we couldn't break them down and run at them. They had done their homework on us too, force Dyer on to his right don't dive in in the box, just stand them up, and don't give King or Drinkwater any time on the ball, they also doubled up on Knocky quite often as he was identified as our creative outlet.

The thing is, it was easy for them to do their homework as we were unchanged for 6 games, and hadn't actually been playing all that well.

As for us we still created some good chances but couldn't finish, Drinkwater very unlucky to hit the post, defensively we were very solid, they didn't have a sniff of a goal and if it wasn't for Kasper's moment of madness we would have won, but that gave them license to drop back and sit on our lead.

Nugent was awful today, the ball just bounced off him, very poor everyone else fairly average.

Afraid if you play 2 away games in a week that the majority of fans expect you to win, you wont win both.

Having said that, I posted in the pre match thread that if we start 4-4-2 we'd lose the game. Can understand not changing the team after 5 wins in 6 games, but sometimes you have to realise that we are not going to win every game so the cautious approach is the best one.

Fair enough their goal was an error on our part, but the rest of the game followed a pattern that was all too familiar last year.

A real shame to again go into an international break on the back of a defeat, but generally speaking we're in good shape and a defeat was going to come sooner or later.

The squad is allowed a poor performance every so often. If it turns into a run like the one we had last year, the doubters, moaners etc will be more than justified to come out of the woodwork. But to come out now and start the negativity trail really looks like you were desperate to do so and in truth, is a little pathetic.

He is mate. Goalies do make mistakes. It just so happens that when goalies fcuk up it usually ends up with a goal. He's saved us more lots more points than he's cost us. I wouldn't swap him for any other goalie in the championship.

Thats right, a mistake doesn't usually mean we concede a goal with any other position on the pitch.

Yeah a shit performance, hope we haven't burnt out too early and go on a run of 'bad form' again. Players look knackered to be honest

But still 3rd amd pretty sure we will win at home next...

But concerned that we look tired already... Time for some rotation?

Yeah a shit performance, hope we haven't burnt out too early and go on a run of 'bad form' again. Players look knackered to be honest

But still 3rd amd pretty sure we will win at home next...

But concerned that we look tired already... Time for some rotation?

Well we don't play until the 19th now should be enough time to recover anyway

I think it might be an intelligence issue. there's only so much NP can do during the game. Wes needs to sort it out on the field but time after time we played to donny's strengths.

I think NP has got together a good bunch of hard working submissive players, but core blimey they're tactical inept as a collective group during games like today.

Totally agree.

He should be on the touch line encouraging and giving instructions.

Great start to the season and I'm not anti Pearson but he should be doing more during the course of the game to earn his money.

A missed opportunity but the championship throws up some odd results

Yeah cause we haven't had any results since he has sat up there have we? Kneejerk!!

If only we had attempted to float more balls high in the air towards their two diminutive centre-backs so that the physical and aerial prowess of Nugent and Vardy could impose our game on them ......

Ooops ! Just spotted there is a dedicated thread to this. Still - I'm frustrated enough about today to leave this in and duplicate.

Archived