Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Vaughan and Wasilewski

Having seen the highlights he was lucky not to get sent off. He doesn't look at Vaughan but he clearly knows he's there and sticks an arm out into his face on purpose.

After reading that post Kitch I'm loving the guy more already, as he's also got eyes in the back of his head and bat like radar sense to be able to do this whilst running at pace,back to Vaughan and definitively without taking a glance. Wazza take a bow son lol. It was a coming together in what should still be a mans game!

There's a connection between elbow and face but you can see from the FLS highlights that Wasyl is looking at the ball the entire time, so either it was an accident or his experience has made him very savvy with that sort of thing. Vaughan's reaction obviously moronic and will get you sent every single time.

Sums it up perfectly. Only Wasyl will know what the intent was.

As others have alluded to though, after seasons of going to places like The Den and seeing us beaten up its nice to have a few (Hammond and Wasyl) around who will give some back and not let us be bullied. That's what we've been missing.

And to add... to be honest those complaining should consider the point at which this happened. Huddersfield were very much in the ascendancy and Wasyl's actions (intentionally or unintentionally) lead to one of their players getting himself a red card and nullifying their fightback. It might not be the nicest way to win but after years of trying I'm not going to complain if it gets us out of this league.

After reading that post Kitch I'm loving the guy more already, as he's also got eyes in the back of his head and bat like radar sense to be able to do this whilst running at pace,back to Vaughan and definitively without taking a glance. Wazza take a bow son lol. It was a coming together in what should still be a mans game!

Not eyes in the back of his head, there is such a things as seeing someone out of the corner of your eye, hearing them coming and anticipation. He clearly steps across and puts his arm across Vaughan, there's no way he didn't do it on purpose.

Telling Wasi to calm it down is like asking a striker to amputate his legs and head. The physical side of the game is all that motivates him. If you see his foxesplayer interview he laughs like some psychopath when asked about physical battles. 

All players go into a game dreaming of different scenarios. That's why not all kids want to be the striker at school, thankfully. For example you have:

Kasper: Wanting to pull off a Gordon Banks save.

Knocky: beating 5 men and then nonchalantly flicking the ball into the net. 

Morgan: Diving in with a last ditch tackle and cleanly taking the ball saving a certain goal.

King: 35 yard screamer into the top corner.

Wasi - Physical battle with the biggest ****er he can find (bigger the better) bonus points for getting away with murder, extra bonus points for assaulting them and then them getting sent off. 

It was a good day at the office for him yesterday. 

Presumably video evidence could still end up giving him a 3 match ban then?

Since the officials saw it I don't think retrospective action can be taken (thanks to the FA's stupid rules).

Not eyes in the back of his head, there is such a things as seeing someone out of the corner of your eye, hearing them coming and anticipation. He clearly steps across and puts his arm across Vaughan, there's no way he didn't do it on purpose.

This. I was pissing myself at the time at how we hadn't had anything given against us.

Yeah I know, wasn't disagreeing, just dont see the difference in that and how all players shield the ball out of play? When someone makes an elbow (bent arm) and deliberately aims to hurt it's disgraceful,Wazza blocked him off and yes it's a foul I just think it's very far from assault!

Yeah I know, wasn't disagreeing, just dont see the difference in that and how all players shield the ball out of play? When someone makes an elbow (bent arm) and deliberately aims to hurt it's disgraceful,Wazza blocked him off and yes it's a foul I just think it's very far from assault!

Maybe he didn't mean to smash him in the face, but it was a deliberate and overly aggressive attempt to block him off, and was clumsy at best. A lot of players would have been sent off for that. If you catch someone in the face like that you're risking a red especially if you've made no attempt to get the ball.

That's how I see it anyway.

Kasper got to the ball first anyway - even if Wasyl wasn't impeding Vaughan Kasper would have beaten him to it.

So I don't see why people think Wasyl should have been sent off??

Because elbowing someone on a football field is a red card offence.

Plus it's a cowardly act. Ask chris morgan.

Morgan went out to hurt hume, Wasi put his arm across to block  a player big difference, if that's a red card there would be about 6 sending offs a match. Vaughan was stupid and left the ref with no choice.

I agree vaughan left the ref with no choice. But which is going to cause more harm. An elbow or a shove.

Why not gob at him for good measure.

Because elbowing someone on a football field is a red card offence.

Plus it's a cowardly act. Ask chris morgan.

Oh, I thought people were saying it was a red due to impeding a goal scoring oppurtunity because Vaughan would have got to the ball and been 1v1.

I didn't see any elbow at the time, I just thought Wasyl bundled him over.

Archived