Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Watford 0-3 LCFC or FoxesTalk - A Watford Troll Free Zone

BTW I shouldn't really be dwelling on the negatives but I'm worried about Schmeichel's decision making. At least 3 times today he ran out to the edge of his area  or even outside it and committed himself for no good reason. He needs to calm down and keep his head.

Watford fan in peace here lads

How about that eh?! We were awful. Simply shocking, a defensive calamity and no creativity at all, with only Forestieri and Fabbrini offering anything

Take nothing from you lot though, deserved the win. Noise from the Leicester fans wasn't the best, but it did the job. First goal a bit flukey but after that we weren't in it at all. The half time scoreline of 1-0 was extremely flattering, as you had the ball in the net at least three times, not including the goal.

Some May say justice served. The way it happened was mad yes, and he did dive yes, and the way we celebrate dew as mad yes, but the heart-wrenching way it happened made me have sympathy for you, and it has seemed to spur you on more, and so credit to you for that.

Knockaert. As much as I don't like him and the way he celebrated your first goal, the miss and the crying antics have seemed to make him more motivated and he was good today, every time he got the ball I got scared, although that's partly due to our defensive worries. Respect to him for getting over it, seems a good player

Anyway well done, good luck for the rest of the season and hope to be up there with you, although based on today it's going to be very,very difficult

That brought a tear to my eye DT lol

lol

DT is clearly a big ol softy at heart...

:thumbup:

Thanks a lot pal for the post..... nice to hear some positivity from other clubs fans.

We were good today to be fair but you defo don't look as good this season without Chalobah and Vydra

I think they miss that other midfielder more.. Is it 'Abdi'?

Thanks a lot pal for the post..... nice to hear some positivity from other clubs fans.

We were good today to be fair but you defo don't look as good this season without Chalobah and Vydra

I have no problem with Leicester if I'm honest. If a team comes to Watford and outplays us fair and square then fair enough.

That's a fair comment- we haven't replaced Vydra and the option of the quick counter attacking football he gave us, and we haven't really replaced Chalobah either really, due to McGugan not being good enough often enough and McEachran not being good enough full stop

Brilliant day brilliant day out, brilliant team performance and great support from our fans.

Honestly one of the best away games I've ever been to, apart from Forest which was just a one off magical experience, this would definitely be right up there.

So many stand out performances today, Morgan was a rock, Schlupp looked very decent at LB with no usual problems, DD bossed the midfield set up many chances, King was everywhere, Dyer ran his socks off and Knocky had his special bit of class today.

GTF impressed me when he came on too held the ball up very long. Drinkwater probably gets MOTM though, best performance is a City shirt for me

Just new knockeart would score today and so glad he did.. 3 nil us and 2nd in the league plus a gap opening up for playoffs lets just hope the wheels dont fall off again but im sure they wont as we have a much better squad now..

up the blues ..

Watford fan in peace here lads

How about that eh?! We were awful. Simply shocking, a defensive calamity and no creativity at all, with only Forestieri and Fabbrini offering anything

Take nothing from you lot though, deserved the win. Noise from the Leicester fans wasn't the best, but it did the job. First goal a bit flukey but after that we weren't in it at all. The half time scoreline of 1-0 was extremely flattering, as you had the ball in the net at least three times, not including the goal.

Some May say justice served. The way it happened was mad yes, and he did dive yes, and the way we celebrate dew as mad yes, but the heart-wrenching way it happened made me have sympathy for you, and it has seemed to spur you on more, and so credit to you for that.

Knockaert. As much as I don't like him and the way he celebrated your first goal, the miss and the crying antics have seemed to make him more motivated and he was good today, every time he got the ball I got scared, although that's partly due to our defensive worries. Respect to him for getting over it, seems a good player

Anyway well done, good luck for the rest of the season and hope to be up there with you, although based on today it's going to be very,very difficult

A nice Watford fan? 

27.jpg

I've been saving this since I got home a couple of hours ago. I still haven't read anybody's comments but am looking forward to it...

That was the best away performance I have ever seen from a City side. I have only been going about 10 years, so missed a lot of the good times, and whilst there have been some decent displays along the way (Cardiff play-off semi springs to mind and we were terrific for 45 mins against Birmingham last season) this was the most complete. All of this without two of our most important players in Vardy (who has led the line with distinction so far this season) and Konchesky (for whom we don't have an established back-up). Away at a Watford side who were a penalty kick from promotion last season.

We were in control from the first whistle to the last with the exception of about 5 minutes before half time and 10 minutes in the second half. And the man making the cogs work in the City machine was Danny Drinkwater - an absolutely magnificent display of ball retention, moving into space, pass selection and energy. Around him he had a brave and defiant back four, an industrious central midfield partner in King, the pace of Dyer and the magic of Knockaert (more later) and the quality and guile of Wood and Nugent.

Wood's display was particularly pleasing as after making a flying start to his City career he looked troubled (perhaps by injury) in the last couple of months of last season. 

Taylor-Fletcher's appearance off the bench was both hilarious and quality. He looks like a 40-year-old landlord, not a professional footballer. But his movement, touch and heading were all first half in his cameo and it was his experience and quality on the ball which led to our third.

And then there's Anthony Knockaert. Given absolute pelters by the Watford fans he shut them up in the most predictable way, with a nicely taken goal from Schlupp's cut back. In the same goal which he failed to find six months ago. It couldn't have been more perfect - except, of course, it could have been, as five minutes earlier he beat 3 men with a wonderful run, played a one-two with Wood and shot wide. But I digress - I'm not sure the last time I was that happy at a City goal and seeing who the goalscorer was. The lad deserves it - he's a wonderful talent who has worked really hard on the defensive side of his game and is making more intelligent decisions on the ball.

Nigel Pearson deserves so much credit for today. His starting XI was brave (I thought he'd go with 3 in the middle) and filled with players he has either signed or ushered through the ranks to fill gaps in the squad. The substitutions, when they came, were not only well-timed but tactically astute. I certainly doubted what GT-F would bring to the table as a lone frontman but he was the best player on the pitch in the last ten minutes.

Just takes an hour for me to get home from there too, so all-in-all a pretty bloody great day.

I haven't seen the goals/celebrations back but unless his celebration involved running into the crowd and taunting them whilst they experienced one of the most traumatic experiences of their lives and then continuing to taunt them about it six months later, it was probably fair game. In fact, that would be fair game. I can't really think of a celebration within the bounds of the law that wouldn't have been appropriate in the circumstances, but I'm sure TBJS can help out.

Archived