Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Watford 0-3 LCFC or FoxesTalk - A Watford Troll Free Zone

I'm still in shock. I'm now starting to believe that we could go up this year, up to this point I've just been enjoying the games with very little expectation. 

Pre-season I thought we'd do well to get in to the top six, especially as we hadn't strengthened much over the summer. However, the added experience of Was, GTF and Hammond (who all did well today) have been exactly what we needed. Today we just looked so much more mature, disciplined, confident and composed than compared to last season. 

I remember thinking a couple of weeks ago that we still had another few gears to go, and I think we've found one of them today. I can only imagine as to whether we're going to get even better. 

Watford fans getting upset about Knockaert celebrating the first goal make me laugh.

He was mocked in his face on the day of the play-off defeat and has been mocked constantly on Twitter ever since by Watfinese kids, in between retweeting Udinese and Granada results of course. Watford then play the footage of his missed penalty, fans boast about trying to get him to sign pictures of him devastated after his penalty miss and boo his every touch of the ball. 

What on earth did they expect him to do when we went 1-0 ahead in frankly hilarious circumstances? 

Frankly, I think they should consider themselves lucky he didn't do a lap of the ground doing willy puller hand gestures to all four  three stands of Vicarage Road after each goal.

I think this is spot on, totally agree. Why can fans abuse him for so long and he not react?

It was beautiful that he scored today.

I've been saving this since I got home a couple of hours ago. I still haven't read anybody's comments but am looking forward to it...

That was the best away performance I have ever seen from a City side. I have only been going about 10 years, so missed a lot of the good times, and whilst there have been some decent displays along the way (Cardiff play-off semi springs to mind and we were terrific for 45 mins against Birmingham last season) this was the most complete. All of this without two of our most important players in Vardy (who has led the line with distinction so far this season) and Konchesky (for whom we don't have an established back-up). Away at a Watford side who were a penalty kick from promotion last season.

I didn't even notice we were missing Konchesky today, which I think is a massive credit to Schlupp and Morgan.

Well played, was impressed with how much improved you were from last year, I think your board should be commended for sticking with NP as a lot of clubs would have sacked him during your dodgy start to the year. Out of the games we've played Leicester have been the best I would say and easily the best defence. If you can maintain similar form I wouldn't be surprised if you ended 1st/2nd, although it's still relatively early days.

Right now for us, we've no doubt hit a bit of a rough patch with certain "luck" elements going against us (derby player getting 2 yellows not being sent off, Brighton goal crossing the line & no goal, the freak goal for chris wood). But our defence is terrible and Deeney is out of form but we don't really have anyone to replace him so dropping him isn't really an option. As for those of you bashing our fans, please remember we've spent the last 5+ years in relegation battles, near administration and mid table bore, naturally our recent success will bring some unwanted fans but don't tell me you don't have your fair share too (as all clubs do). 

Well played, was impressed with how much improved you were from last year, I think your board should be commended for sticking with NP as a lot of clubs would have sacked him during your dodgy start to the year. Out of the games we've played Leicester have been the best I would say and easily the best defence. If you can maintain similar form I wouldn't be surprised if you ended 1st/2nd, although it's still relatively early days.

Right now for us, we've no doubt hit a bit of a rough patch with certain "luck" elements going against us (derby player getting 2 yellows not being sent off, Brighton goal crossing the line & no goal, the freak goal for chris wood). But our defence is terrible and Deeney is out of form but we don't really have anyone to replace him so dropping him isn't really an option. As for those of you bashing our fans, please remember we've spent the last 5+ years in relegation battles, near administration and mid table bore, naturally our recent success will bring some unwanted fans but don't tell me you don't have your fair share too (as all clubs do).

No offence pal but you're wasting your time. There's very little you can do to excuse your fvcking disabled majority.

Thanks for your balanced input though, people like you are welcome here.

Don't understand the Watford fans saying we weren't very loud today. We out sung them from start to finish today, and hardly heard a peep from them. Apart from a spell of about 10 mins in the second half where things went a little quiet, we pretty much sang throughout.

Always seem to be a debate as to how loud each set of fans were regardless of who we are playing.

Of course your never going to much from the Family area next to you guys.

So having slept on a super win I can give my thoughts.

Firstly, what a tactical masterclass. Sitting up in the stands is doing wonders for Pearson's tactical nous, he had all of Watford's threats covered. Nugent showed why we don't drop him, he plays the deep lying forward role so well and with him sitting in midfield Watford had nowhere to go when Moore and Schlupp pushed up on their wingbacks. That left Wood, Dyer and Knockaert free to terrorise the three centre-backs. Dyer and Knockaert were both outstanding.

Drinkwater was also excellent, looks a real driving force this season. He will tire again like last season, I imagine, so James will need to be ready to come in, but for the moment Drinky looks Lennon-esque.

Moore had yet another steady game, he and Schlupp were both caught out of position once or twice but that's to be expected given our tactics, and Drinkwater and King always covered. In any case, Wasilewski and Morgan are a veritable brick wall. Wasilewski looks very impressive, that's the first time I've seen a full game with him in it and he looks a classy centre-back.

Thought GTF, whilst he does look a bit unfit, played a very important cameo. Very mature and clever with the ball, perfect as we locked things down and indeed conjured a third on the break.

Finally, to some relative negatives. They're always there, and they shouldn't be ignored, there's always things to be worked on in training. We did ride our luck a couple of times, Watford could have scored two or three themselves and it would have been hard on us, but we need to make sure if we're going to play a high line we're getting back into position and working the offside trap effectively. Schlupp needs to watch that ball over his head, on a better day that have borne fruit for Watford. And Kasper again caught rushing off his line, needs a bit of work in training so he knows when to do it and when not to.

I've got every faith the players will keep working hard and improving!

Watford really missed Anya and Vydra.

Always seem to be a debate as to how loud each set of fans were regardless of who we are playing.

Of course your never going to much from the Family area next to you guys.

Fair point. Having watched recordings of the game this morning on both the Football League Show and Sky Sports, the fans in the corner of the ground (1881?) sounded like they were generating all the atmosphere, yet inside the ground apart from about 5 minutes in the second half I can honestly say the home support seemed quite subdued (not having a pop, after all no different from any other ground), and we gave a decent account of ourselves. Either this is down to the placement of the TV microphones or the acoustics inside the ground.

So having slept on a super win I can give my thoughts.

Firstly, what a tactical masterclass. Sitting up in the stands is doing wonders for Pearson's tactical nous, he had all of Watford's threats covered. Nugent showed why we don't drop him, he plays the deep lying forward role so well and with him sitting in midfield Watford had nowhere to go when Moore and Schlupp pushed up on their wingbacks. That left Wood, Dyer and Knockaert free to terrorise the three centre-backs. Dyer and Knockaert were both outstanding.

Drinkwater was also excellent, looks a real driving force this season. He will tire again like last season, I imagine, so James will need to be ready to come in, but for the moment Drinky looks Lennon-esque.

Moore had yet another steady game, he and Schlupp were both caught out of position once or twice but that's to be expected given our tactics, and Drinkwater and King always covered. In any case, Wasilewski and Morgan are a veritable brick wall. Wasilewski looks very impressive, that's the first time I've seen a full game with him in it and he looks a classy centre-back.

Thought GTF, whilst he does look a bit unfit, played a very important cameo. Very mature and clever with the ball, perfect as we locked things down and indeed conjured a third on the break.

Finally, to some relative negatives. They're always there, and they shouldn't be ignored, there's always things to be worked on in training. We did ride our luck a couple of times, Watford could have scored two or three themselves and it would have been hard on us, but we need to make sure if we're going to play a high line we're getting back into position and working the offside trap effectively. Schlupp needs to watch that ball over his head, on a better day that have borne fruit for Watford. And Kasper again caught rushing off his line, needs a bit of work in training so he knows when to do it and when not to.

I've got every faith the players will keep working hard and improving!

Watford really missed Anya and Vydra.

Anya played the full 90  lol

He is recovering from injury though I believe, but you probably meant Abdi who's still out? :)

Otherwise, 100% agree. 

Nice!

Well played, Mr Rennie! 

'popped 3 ribs back in to place'. What the fvck was Susanna Reid doing?!

I love how the URL is directed at saying Abbey Clancy does all the work lol

Archived