Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

GTF's clause in contract

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Gary-Taylor-Fletcher-hopes-earn-new-contract/story-20116046-detail/story.html

The former Blackpool man arrived at the King Power Stadium as a free agent in September without undergoing a proper pre-season, and had the start of his City life tainted with injury.

"I'm finally feeling not far off 100 per cent," said Taylor-Fletcher. "I can tell in my training that I'm getting that extra sharpness that I've needed.

"Maybe a few weeks ago, things that I'd try wouldn't come off or I'd try to get away from someone and I wouldn't have that extra half-a-yard, but now I feel as if I've got it.

"Hopefully, I'll be pushing the ones that are starting for that first XI shirt.

"I've got an option (in my contract) that if I make 20 appearances, then I get another year, so I need to play as much as I can to get that."

Despite the stuttering start to his campaign, Taylor-Fletcher has refused to let it get to him.

"I knew something was always going to happen not having a pre-season and then going into full training –it's very hard. Those first few weeks were a grind getting the fitness in as well as training. You can't let yourself get down, you've got to keep going."

With Anthony Knockaert out of City's trip to Ipswich tomorrow through suspension, City are without a genuine right-winger, a position where Taylor-Fletcher has experience.

Taylor-Fletcher is no stranger to promotion campaigns having made it to the Premier League with Blackpool, and he is hoping to use that experience to do it again with City.

"You've got to keep a calm head," he said. "Dean (Hammond, who won promotion with Southampton) and I have come on in games where last season the gaffer said we might have thrown leads away.

"He's managed to put the old heads on and we've seen out the games."

Surprised to say the least!

Meh, he's a fairly experienced player. Won't need him if we get promoted, but I imagine he's hardly on mega money, worth having an experienced pro around the club IMO, something we've been lacking a bit since Chris Powell was here - he was never earth shattering, but he was good for the younger players and provided that link between the playing staff and the management. Would be good to see GTF take up a similar role.

At first I thought that said he was pushing for an XL shirt! I like the guy great on the ball could be very useful player to have this season although as Indie Rich said probably won't be needed in a Premiership team

At first I thought that said he was pushing for an XL shirt! I like the guy great on the ball could be very useful player to have this season although as Indie Rich said probably won't be needed in a Premiership team

That's two of us lol

Think he'd be pushing it with an XL shirt, the bloke is at least XXL!

The guy has the experience and the toughness. He just needs to 100% fit, and get a run of games, in order to prove himself. He is a useful player to have around, although it will be extremely hard for him to get many starting places, I hope he get's fit soon.

Totally agree DT, in the few appearances he's made I think he shown a few glimpses of the quality he posesses, feel he's got a big part to play myself.

Who gives a fvck his mrs looks as fit as fvck.

Should we have her on the bench instead then? Maybe distract the opposition with a cheeky wink and a jiggly run up the touchline to warm up?

Archived