Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Players Sliding on Knee's During Goal Celebrations

• 1 year later...

Health and safety??!! - **** me, it's hardly extreme parkour and free running. 

It's all a tad pedestrian when you consider Lomana LuaLua incurred an ankle injury performing his personalised seven back flip goal celebration at Portsmouth.

Another ****ing knee slide. First time I remember seeing this was the early 1980s by the legendary Aberdeen player Willie Miller. Now, it's shit, it's tired, it's predictable, obligatory, boring, done to death and further evidence that these people are bereft of anything remotely approaching an original thought. Not suggesting Drinky should perfect the Bafentimbi Gomis lion roar, or start powdering his nose on the touchline like Fowler - but in the name of Christ show some originality. The thumb in the mouth or the 'shhhhhsh' is just as bad and what's with this contrived pointing at the sky?

Where's the spontaneity gone? - or even a pre-prepared one off à la Bullard? or Rooney knockout? What became of the Lee Sharpe Elvis impersonation with the corner flag? the Van Nistelrooy revenge dance? or even a signature celebration like Shearer, the Roger Miller? the Ronaldinho grenade? even the much imitated Klinsmann dive?..christ even a Shannon windmill or a Robo-Crouch would do. Daniel Sturridge need not apply.

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

It's all a tad pedestrian when you consider Lomana LuaLua incurred an ankle injury performing his personalised seven back flip goal celebration at Portsmouth.

Another ****ing knee slide. First time I remember seeing this was the early 1980s by the legendary Aberdeen player Willie Miller. Now, it's shit, it's tired, it's predictable, obligatory, boring, done to death and further evidence that these people are bereft of anything remotely approaching an original thought. Not suggesting Drinky should perfect the Bafentimbi Gomis lion roar, or start powdering his nose on the touchline like Fowler - but in the name of Christ show some originality. The thumb in the mouth or the 'shhhhhsh' is just as bad and what's with this contrived pointing at the sky?

Where's the spontaneity gone? - or even a pre-prepared one off à la Bullard? or Rooney knockout? What became of the Lee Sharpe Elvis impersonation with the corner flag? the Van Nistelrooy revenge dance? or even a signature celebration like Shearer, the Roger Miller? the Ronaldinho grenade? even the much imitated Klinsmann dive?..christ even a Shannon windmill or a Robo-Crouch would do. Daniel Sturridge need not apply.

Did you miss your afternoon nap?

8 hours ago, Line-X said:

sorry. u criticise players for copying the kneeslide then list numerous examples of celebrations they should...............copy?

3 hours ago, Royston. said:

sorry. u criticise players for copying the kneeslide then list numerous examples of celebrations they should...............copy?

No need to apologise - you're about as wide of the mark as a Jeffery Schlupp attempt on goal here.

Far from imitation, I'm suggesting a bit of spontaneity or creativity would be nice - and gave examples.

Secondly, it's a stupid banal post and feeble attempt to be humorous on an internet football that's all - nothing to take seriously...

...which you appear to be doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived