Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Players Sliding on Knee's During Goal Celebrations

Forget about Knockys knee slide, his general interaction with the fans at millwall was brilliant. Forever waving throughout the warm up, then general going mad when we scored, could tell every goal meant something to him. People love Moore because apart from being bloody brilliant (my motm on Wednesday) he always gives 100% and supports the club. Apart from not being from Leicester/supporting the club I think Knocky shows just as much passion as moore which is terrific. Love him

:scarf: Knocky is awesome

A local team played on a pitch laid on old wasteland.  A player made a slide tackle and glass had come through the surface of the pitch. The pitch is now shut.

Compelling evidence my friend. How can we be sure that The Birch hasn't buried a bottle of scotch on the 18 yard box?

Maybe the player should just stand still after scoring, that way there is very low risk of injury...

I can see what the OP meant.

If Knockaert did a knee slide and then did his ACL there would be an outcry that he's an idiot for doing that. I've thought this too. The only thing that I can think of is that could it be low impact compared to a boot to the knee or twisting it and therefore not much chance of an injury?

I knew I should have taken sports science.

If Knockaert did a knee slide and then did his ACL there would be an outcry that he's an idiot for doing that. I've thought this too. The only thing that I can think of is that could it be low impact compared to a boot to the knee or twisting it and therefore not much chance of an injury?

Thank you

I don't think there would though. Of he was flipping LuaLua style then yes, but if he fucked his knee doing a knee slide I personally would put it down as a freak accident and say "unlucky lad"

Mate, i take your point, it could happen, but is it really ever likely to?? Knocky must weigh relativly little compared to other members of the squad, so putting his bodyweight on his knees isn't really THAT dangerous is it?? Like i said, i take your point, this isn't a dig at you, i just think there are more important things to worry about, ie: getting promoted. :thumbup:

To the tune of " don't cry for me Argentina":-

Don't slide on knees Anthony Knock-aert,

You'll be hurt, you'll f*** up you ligaments,

You'll have torn tendons, so pay attention,

It's not worth it, we need you fit

I expect to hear this vs Derby, get practicing.

Whilst it doesn't bother me what goal celebrations any of the team do (apart from taking their shirt off which means a booking and could cause a suspension later in the season), I can see Nige being absolutely furious should any of the players pick up a similar injury to Simon Jones the ex England cricketer whose career virtually ended with his sliding for the ball. OK it's a freak accident, but avoidable if a goal celebration.

Archived