Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Derby Pre Match

Majority on their forum seem level headed and expect a tight game as do I. Then you get the odd one that actually do think they are Barcelona's equals. I'm nervous about this game, not because of the 'rivalry' but if we lose they will have all their confidence back and ours could take a hammering. Cant wait though!

some very interesting thoughts on this thread...some of them tell us a lot about ourselves.

I too, would take a draw with the sheep, but I'm really impressed with those people who insist that, even though it will certianly be a tough game, nothing less than a win should be our aspiration for a home match when we're four points cler at the top.

Prediction  1-0

I couldnt believe Stringer and Young creaming in their pants because Derby brought 2,000 with free coach travel for the cup.

We take 2,000 to league two sides in the earlier rounds. They only had to come down the ****ing road.

Worst away support in the country for how big their club supposedly is

Swap out Schlupp for Miquel.

Leave Mahrez off (he doesn't speak English as far as I'm aware, so I doubt he'll have settled with the team yet) and if Wood is fit, put him in instead.

Otherwise, totally agree. 

I completely forgot about Miquel :mellow:

Well Steve will be given the Rosetta Stone in the morning in the form of the 'Manager of the Month' trophy which should see his side fall apart for the remainder of January.

Danny will hopefully given player of the month and have a blinder tomorrow night.

I'm actually a little worried we'll get beat tomorrow.....  :ph34r:

I have a bad feeling about this one. I'm a pessimist by trade so I always have a bad feeling before matches, but this time I have an especially bad feeling. Scientific proof we'll agonizingly lose 1-2.

I hear you brother. I remain optimistic right now, but as I head up the M1 tomorrow, the fear will grow and grow. The agony of loving your team

Guest seanfox778

Didn't we lose 0-3 to them at home in 2002? I remember it was a relegation six-pointer with John Gregory as their manager. Unless you're talking about a cup game or something?

I was thinking the same. It definitely happened and it was a league game

Majority on their forum seem level headed and expect a tight game as do I. Then you get the odd one that actually do think they are Barcelona's equals. I'm nervous about this game, not because of the 'rivalry' but if we lose they will have all their confidence back and ours could take a hammering. Cant wait though!

They're under more pressure to win than us. They are seven behind us at the minute and should we win, we'd be over three wins ahead of them too

They're under more pressure to win than us. They are seven behind us at the minute and should we win, we'd be over three wins ahead of them too

That may well be, but even a ten-point cushion doesn't mean anything in this league and with (then) 21 more games to go.

The real pressure will set in as soon as the clubs enter the final quarter of the season, eg. somewhere around mid- to late March.

Archived