Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
J.Lisemore

Ade Akinbiyi

Cracking video. The Frank Sinclair own goals one is pretty good too.

I remember playing football at primary school and whenever anyone missed a good chance other kids would chant 'Ade Akinbiyi, Ade Akinbiyi'.

Seldom have players made such a name for themselves just for being shit.

From Emile Heskey and Stan Collymore, to Ade Akinbiyi and Trevor Benjamin in less than 12 months.

Dear God, when you put it like that. I vaguely remember Ade and Trev running through on goal at Maine Road and, between then, somehow contriving to miss the easiest chance of all time. But we didn't care, we were 2nd in the league, with our heads firmly buried in the sand....

Cracking video. The Frank Sinclair own goals one is pretty good too.

I remember playing football at primary school and whenever anyone missed a good chance other kids would chant 'Ade Akinbiyi, Ade Akinbiyi'.

Seldom have players made such a name for themselves just for being shit.

I remember this happening in my school days too lol

Childhood memories of sitting in the car with the radio on while parents went shopping, people must have thought I was very strange the way I used to shout at the radio every time in heard this blokes name.

The amount of times I heard

" Akinbiyi in on goal, 6 yards out! He's put it over the bar, well this poor run of form is astonishing"

Just terrible memories and how we went from a great position in the league to relegation under Tayler and then Bassett. Oh dear oh dear. All after that game against Wycombe Wanderers. Talk about plummeting. Still refuse to go shopping at that Tesco where I listened to that season ever again!

That game against Wycombe was the most sudden end to an era I've known in football. From memory there was no steady decline - we were great for over five years - lost that game, and then went shit over night. Did we even win another game that season?

For years O'Neill made shoe string signings and performed miracles. Turned down Everton and Leeds. Then we get the ground, the cash, and just that one club too far came in. Imagine if he'd have stuck around for a couple more years.

Although, saying that, every Villa fan I've spoken to really resents how Martin spent most of the money he had there, so perhaps it might not have changed a great deal.

That game against Wycombe was the most sudden end to an era I've known in football. From memory there was no steady decline - we were great for over five years - lost that game, and then went shit over night. Did we even win another game that season?

For years O'Neill made shoe string signings and performed miracles. Turned down Everton and Leeds. Then we get the ground, the cash, and just that one club too far came in. Imagine if he'd have stuck around for a couple more years.

Although, saying that, every Villa fan I've spoken to really resents how Martin spent most of the money he had there, so perhaps it might not have changed a great deal.

I remember straight after that roy essandoh goal ade had a one on one which he obviously fluffed but i wonder what would have happened if he would have miraculously bagged....

Archived