Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 09/08/2019 at 14:15, kingcarr21 said:

Finished the main story and all cultists are dead. Now cracking on with the Atlantis missions. 85 hours in and level 57.

Got 80% of the trophies, some of them are still hidden so I will carry on with the quests. Not far off legendary ship. Just 1 more upgrade.

Still loving the game. Might get Origins next

Came across my first bugged mission yesterday.  The I Diona quest where you lead her into the city on the island to the SW.  It's important because it leads to a cultist so is needed for the trophy.  So she walks into the city then we're attacked and she carries on walking past where she's supposed to go and then doesn't walk back.  You can talk to her but she still says you need to lead me into the city despite us being there.  

Credit to Ubisoft, realism now includes awkward/stubborn NPCs.  lol

There is a workaround, you can push her back to where she needs to be, and the cut scene starts.  Took me 20 mins to sort it out though.  

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Came across my first bugged mission yesterday.  The I Diona quest where you lead her into the city on the island to the SW.  It's important because it leads to a cultist so is needed for the trophy.  So she walks into the city then we're attacked and she carries on walking past where she's supposed to go and then doesn't walk back.  You can talk to her but she still says you need to lead me into the city despite us being there.  

Credit to Ubisoft, realism now includes awkward/stubborn NPCs.  lol

There is a workaround, you can push her back to where she needs to be, and the cut scene starts.  Took me 20 mins to sort it out though.  

Haha, I never had any issue with a quest so looks like you just had a stubborn NPC on your disc lol 

I am now 95 hours in, level 59. Legendary ship done and 2 legendary leautenants, need 2 more for trophy. Never bothered with hiring people so I assume I need to recruit captains or polemarchs to get legendary.

I am tier 2 on the mercenary list, never really been bothered bout mercenaries so that trophy shouldn't be too difficult.

I have uncovered the whole of the map and found the goat that had the cyclops eye up its bum for another trophy lol.

Just have some quests to do in order to platinum. I have brought the DLC so will crack on with that afterwards. Still love playing the game.

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:48, kingcarr21 said:

Haha, I never had any issue with a quest so looks like you just had a stubborn NPC on your disc lol 

I am now 95 hours in, level 59. Legendary ship done and 2 legendary leautenants, need 2 more for trophy. Never bothered with hiring people so I assume I need to recruit captains or polemarchs to get legendary.

I am tier 2 on the mercenary list, never really been bothered bout mercenaries so that trophy shouldn't be too difficult.

I have uncovered the whole of the map and found the goat that had the cyclops eye up its bum for another trophy lol.

Just have some quests to do in order to platinum. I have brought the DLC so will crack on with that afterwards. Still love playing the game.

Turns out Diona was a cultist!  No wonder she was a stroppy madam.

Done around 84 hours myself now, level 60.  To get your lieutenants, focus on hiring mercenaries or polemarches from forts.  Scan with the eagle, they'll show up gold and knock 'em out with stun arrows when nearing death.  I found this the quickest way to achieve the 4 you need.

The mercenaries are never ending - the level cap on those for me now is level 99, I'm past caring!

Just have Lesbos, Thasos and surrounding sea to uncover and hopefully I'll knock off the two trophies there for that.  One I hear is tricky, you literally have to stand on every piece of land there is in order for it to pop.  So watch out for small islands, you'll need to stand on them to register the trophy on this one.

I enjoyed the Minotaur missions, still have Medusa to do.  Cultists almost to single figures, around 12 left I think.  Those animal hunts are a pain in the backside though - the one out near Elis is tricky.  The minotaur was much easier than the hyena ffs.  lol

17 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Turns out Diona was a cultist!  No wonder she was a stroppy madam.

Done around 84 hours myself now, level 60.  To get your lieutenants, focus on hiring mercenaries or polemarches from forts.  Scan with the eagle, they'll show up gold and knock 'em out with stun arrows when nearing death.  I found this the quickest way to achieve the 4 you need.

The mercenaries are never ending - the level cap on those for me now is level 99, I'm past caring!

Just have Lesbos, Thasos and surrounding sea to uncover and hopefully I'll knock off the two trophies there for that.  One I hear is tricky, you literally have to stand on every piece of land there is in order for it to pop.  So watch out for small islands, you'll need to stand on them to register the trophy on this one.

I enjoyed the Minotaur missions, still have Medusa to do.  Cultists almost to single figures, around 12 left I think.  Those animal hunts are a pain in the backside though - the one out near Elis is tricky.  The minotaur was much easier than the hyena ffs.  lol

Ive done the trophy for unlocking all the map, I travelled around on horseback and fast travel and soon opened up all the map, then its just a jump on the Adestria for the sea map. Pretty easy. I noticed a few small islands whilst zooming in so went there for good measure.

Next time I play ill try and get the 2 lieutenants I need. Im not bothered about the mercenaries either, too easy to kill so ill pick that trophy up easy.

Medusa was a decent enough battle, I found the wild boar the hardest animal to kill, once you have the healing ability they are all quite simple to dispose of. So you haven't done the daughters of artemis questline yet, that's pretty easy once the animals are dealt with.

22 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Finally got the platinum trophy on Assassin's Creed Odyssey. I saved it as soon as I got it and it was 100 hours and 6 mins, can't believe I went 6 minutes over 😂

Now onto the DLC

not good enough, go back and shave those 6 minutes

• Haha 3

Anyone play Kerbal Space Program? Been sort of on my radar for years but took the plunge yesterday (got it for £5) and it is brilliant. Very difficult in places and feels like a physics lesson but launching my man into space and returning him safely (after several failures) was one of my most rewardig gaming achievements!

57 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Anyone play Kerbal Space Program? Been sort of on my radar for years but took the plunge yesterday (got it for £5) and it is brilliant. Very difficult in places and feels like a physics lesson but launching my man into space and returning him safely (after several failures) was one of my most rewardig gaming achievements!

yes i mess about on that from time to time, when i feel like murdering kerbals in new and interesting ways. cracking little game

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

yes i mess about on that from time to time, when i feel like murdering kerbals in new and interesting ways. cracking little game

It's great. One of kerbals is doomed to orbit the planet forever after I didn't save any fuel to de orbit!

I wonder if it might be possible for him to do an EVA and push the craft with his jet pack to nudge it towards the atmosphere, but the last EVA I tried the Kerbal floated off into space, so probably best he sits tight for the next 1000 years or so!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

It's great. One of kerbals is doomed to orbit the planet forever after I didn't save any fuel to de orbit!

I wonder if it might be possible for him to do an EVA and push the craft with his jet pack to nudge it towards the atmosphere, but the last EVA I tried the Kerbal floated off into space, so probably best he sits tight for the next 1000 years or so!

you got further than i did then, i just about managed to get into the upper atmosphere and back, the one time i got into space i had no control and the dude just floated off

On 14/08/2019 at 11:48, kingcarr21 said:

lol just done that mission where he sticks it up there

4/5hrs game time and im still on the first island atm, like the game though good pace to it and lots to do.

also seen a goat floating in the middle of a waterfall which was pretty weird 

Edited by whoareyaaa

11 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

10 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol just done that mission where he sticks it up there

4/5hrs game time and im still on the first island atm, like the game though good pace to it and lots to do.

also seen a goat floating in the middle of a waterfall which was pretty weird 

Its a very enjoyable game with quite a few laughs lol. If you are like me you will hit a wall when it comes to some of the quests. It does start to get repetitive. But once I started to get annoyed I just went looking for Cultists (you will find out about all that soon). Spread the quests about with side missions and you will want to see it through to the end. 

Couple of tips.

Unlock the healing ability ASAP. You will most certainly need it. 

Unlock the ability to remove shields ASAP, again you will need it.

Go to every sync point you see along the way, this upgrades Ikaros Perception, which helps massively when scouting forts.

I used Daggers and a Hammer as my go to primary and secondary weapons. The hammer is ace at dealing with multiple enemies.

LOOT EVERYTHING.

Hopefully you enjoy the game as much I do. Keep us posted on progress :thumbup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Started a randomised heart gold run trying to beat the game with just my starter.  Got a Seedot. It's only damage dealing move was bide until about level 16 lol

What are you using to run the game and randomise it? Been tempted to do something similar for a while but its been so long since I dabbled with emulators and the like that I'd have no idea how to get started lol

10 hours ago, Beliall said:

Wow, that looks amazing! 

Played KSP for way too long last night.

Decided to start a "hard" save with no restarting flights and astronauts don't respawn when they die. Have killed to Kerbals so far in my space quest - one after parachute failure on my very first suborbital flight and the other when I accidentally blew all stages of my rocket on the launchpad whilst trying to clean milk off the keyboard!lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Wow, that looks amazing! 

Played KSP for way too long last night.

Decided to start a "hard" save with no restarting flights and astronauts don't respawn when they die. Have killed to Kerbals so far in my space quest - one after parachute failure on my very first suborbital flight and the other when I accidentally blew all stages of my rocket on the launchpad whilst trying to clean milk off the keyboard!lol

lol im going to reinstall it today and actually try to make it to the mun. been doing a lot of iRacing and sea of thieves recently, fancy something silly to play. especially after seeing that trailer

• Like 1

I've been killing CIV this summer and as much as I love the game it really needs to look at how it works it's difficulty.

I play at immortal level but hate the fact that the difficulty changes simply affect you. I wish it were like chess where the level of opponents skill increases. Anyway having a break this week and playing Torment: Tides of Numeria - enjoyable so far. 

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Started a randomised heart gold run trying to beat the game with just my starter.  Got a Seedot. It's only damage dealing move was bide until about level 16 lol

How do you do it randomized? Is this like an emulator or something, ive tried to get a decent emulator to work on my laptop but just cant seem to get one working.

I used to enjoy doing Nuzlockes with all different rules but didn't know you could randomize it. 

3 hours ago, Xen said:

What are you using to run the game and randomise it? Been tempted to do something similar for a while but its been so long since I dabbled with emulators and the like that I'd have no idea how to get started lol

40 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

How do you do it randomized? Is this like an emulator or something, ive tried to get a decent emulator to work on my laptop but just cant seem to get one working.

I used to enjoy doing Nuzlockes with all different rules but didn't know you could randomize it. 

It's a software that lets you set various alterations to all existing roms, gb through to ds. Called pokemon randomizer or similar, I'll confirm later when I'm home at the pc.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Beliall said:

lol im going to reinstall it today and actually try to make it to the mun. been doing a lot of iRacing and sea of thieves recently, fancy something silly to play. especially after seeing that trailer

It was the most triumphant moment in the history of Kerbals. After an arduous journey to the moon, after many many failed attempts, and many fiery deaths and broken spaceships,  the spacecraft inserted lunar orbit and descended to the surface. A perfect landing on the lunar regolith. The kerbal on board prepared to set foot on the surface of another world for the first time..

And I forgot to fit a friggin ladder!!!!!! So he can't get down. And even if he can drop down, he can't get back up!!!!

FFS!!!

• Haha 1

@Xen @kingcarr21

https://pokehacks.dabomstew.com/randomizer/

Just pick a rom and set the alterations you want to make then it will let you save the edited game as a new rom.  There' s a lot of things you can play with in there.

If you need good emulators I can recommend desmume and mGBA.

Edited by Carl the Llama
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

It was the most triumphant moment in the history of Kerbals. After an arduous journey to the moon, after many many failed attempts, and many fiery deaths and broken spaceships,  the spacecraft inserted lunar orbit and descended to the surface. A perfect landing on the lunar regolith. The kerbal on board prepared to set foot on the surface of another world for the first time..

And I forgot to fit a friggin ladder!!!!!! So he can't get down. And even if he can drop down, he can't get back up!!!!

FFS!!!

one small step ladder for man.....