Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Got a bit hooked on world of tanks, really enjoying it. I had heard it was really difficult to get into and that the community was too toxic, haven't really found that at all. Already spent £30 in it tho, I'm a nightmare with free to play games.

Edited by z-layrex

Well i did manage to get KSP working on GOG, and i noticed there is 2 dlc's, so i went to buy them but luckily i checked the price on steam first, its £6 cheaper for the complete edition so i bought it again. and now i have steam workshop access too

On 20/08/2019 at 09:10, kingcarr21 said:

Its a very enjoyable game with quite a few laughs lol. If you are like me you will hit a wall when it comes to some of the quests. It does start to get repetitive. But once I started to get annoyed I just went looking for Cultists (you will find out about all that soon). Spread the quests about with side missions and you will want to see it through to the end. 

Couple of tips.

Unlock the healing ability ASAP. You will most certainly need it. 

Unlock the ability to remove shields ASAP, again you will need it.

Go to every sync point you see along the way, this upgrades Ikaros Perception, which helps massively when scouting forts.

I used Daggers and a Hammer as my go to primary and secondary weapons. The hammer is ace at dealing with multiple enemies.

LOOT EVERYTHING.

Hopefully you enjoy the game as much I do. Keep us posted on progress :thumbup:

Done all trophies apart from those relating to the main story now.  93 hours to this point.  So this leaves cultists and I'm about to start the Olympics.  

Medusa was the hardest opponent in this or any AC game I've played, not that it was overly hard, but for an AC game, it took me 25 mins to take her down.  Not as epic as a corrupted thunderjaw in HZD perhaps but decent all the same.

I'll beat your 100 hours and 6 minutes!  lol

9 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Done all trophies apart from those relating to the main story now.  93 hours to this point.  So this leaves cultists and I'm about to start the Olympics.  

Medusa was the hardest opponent in this or any AC game I've played, not that it was overly hard, but for an AC game, it took me 25 mins to take her down.  Not as epic as a corrupted thunderjaw in HZD perhaps but decent all the same.

I'll beat your 100 hours and 6 minutes!  lol

Yea Medusa was a decent fight, took me a little while as well. How many cultists do you have to left? 

I bet it will be close lol 

19 hours ago, Beliall said:

Well i did manage to get KSP working on GOG, and i noticed there is 2 dlc's, so i went to buy them but luckily i checked the price on steam first, its £6 cheaper for the complete edition so i bought it again. and now i have steam workshop access too

I've not really looked at the DLC yet - need to get my head around the actual game first.

Would you recommend the DLC?

59 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I've not really looked at the DLC yet - need to get my head around the actual game first.

Would you recommend the DLC?

cant say really, i havent got that far. previously i just messed around making crappy ships and killing kerbals, this time around im doing the tutorials for a proper go at career. looking at whats in the DLC though i would say yes, lots of new parts, like robots and ground vehicles, more scenario missions, all in the steam sale too so i say go for it

14 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Yea Medusa was a decent fight, took me a little while as well. How many cultists do you have to left? 

I bet it will be close lol 

I have 9 left and I'm at 95 hours.

I'm not doing this in under 100 am I?  lol

Tracking down Pallas and I've got to start a conquest battle.  There goes another 30 minutes!

Picked up Wreckfest for PS4. It's been out for PC for awhile, but finally made it's way to consoles as of today.

A very fun combo of FlatOut and the classic Destruction Derby games, for those who recall that.

Also finally got Gran Turismo Sport. I was all of a sudden getting videos of it reccomended for me on YouTube, so someone thought i should buy it. I hadn't realized that they'd been updating it ever since it came out(lacking) a couple years ago. 30 Canuck bucks well spent.

Subnautica on my PS4. Open world crafting game with a goal (escape from the planet (which seems to be a huge water world) you've crashed on) and I'm advancing every time I play and getting to delve deeper and deeper; which is also getting tenser and tenser! Such a long way back to life sustaining air if something goes seriously wrong, such as your submersible getting munched by a hungry leviathon or two.

On 23/08/2019 at 07:55, kingcarr21 said:

I would say no lol, see how you get on

I did it in just under 98 hours. 

I didn't quite understand the logic behind the happy families ending at the end, it all seemed a bit disjointed to me.  Maybe I should have just killed everyone instead.  I did eliminate Stentor but spared everyone else.  Shame about Brasidas  lol

Ubisoft appear to be "giving away" episode 1 of Atlantis for free.  That's all well and good but the season pass is £32 which is excessive.  I didn't pay that for the main game.

Cant see myself throwing more hours at it now I've finished.  God of War was the same.  Only game I've wanted more out of was Horizon.  The expansion on that is excellent.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I did it in just under 98 hours. 

I didn't quite understand the logic behind the happy families ending at the end, it all seemed a bit disjointed to me.  Maybe I should have just killed everyone instead.  I did eliminate Stentor but spared everyone else.  Shame about Brasidas  lol

Ubisoft appear to be "giving away" episode 1 of Atlantis for free.  That's all well and good but the season pass is £32 which is excessive.  I didn't pay that for the main game.

Cant see myself throwing more hours at it now I've finished.  God of War was the same.  Only game I've wanted more out of was Horizon.  The expansion on that is excellent.

The season pass was half price last week, which is the only reason why I got it. 

Horizon I enjoyed but once completed I had had enough. A good game but I think ive enjoyed ACO more. Loved GOW but again once completed I traded it in. I don't tend to hold onto games.

Yea I found the end a bit weird also. I kept them both alive and they joined my crew. They were 2 of my legendary crew members. The last 2 I got from the Ubisoft storelol, I had credits to spend so that was my trophy complete lol.

Ive made a start on the Atlantis questline. Not played for a few days due to Netflix lol 

I just bought Wreckfest. I saw a few reviews comparing it to the old destruction derby games and they were some of my favourites and I’m not disappointed.

My sort of racing game E.G. being massively shit is encouraged and you just drive like a bell end. Top stuff.

• Like 2

On 22/08/2019 at 13:50, Beliall said:

cant say really, i havent got that far. previously i just messed around making crappy ships and killing kerbals, this time around im doing the tutorials for a proper go at career. looking at whats in the DLC though i would say yes, lots of new parts, like robots and ground vehicles, more scenario missions, all in the steam sale too so i say go for it

Another KSP Moon landing disaster. Although I remembered to pack a ladder this time, it didn't matter because despite an almost perfect landing, my craft pitched at the last moment and one of the legs snapped off causing the capsule to roll over. Never mind I though, at least my Kerbal can set foot on the surface, even if he has no propsect of returning (I can send a rescue mission later), but oh no, the capsule has rolled onto the side where the hatch is, so he couldn't get out!!

I love, and also, hate, this game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Another KSP Moon landing disaster. Although I remembered to pack a ladder this time, it didn't matter because despite an almost perfect landing, my craft pitched at the last moment and one of the legs snapped off causing the capsule to roll over. Never mind I though, at least my Kerbal can set foot on the surface, even if he has no propsect of returning (I can send a rescue mission later), but oh no, the capsule has rolled onto the side where the hatch is, so he couldn't get out!!

I love, and also, hate, this game

more hate than love for me atm. me being me i decided to play it on hard mode with life support mods and all that jazz, i have to keep restarting because im going bankrupt all the time. if i could just figure how to launch a damn plane they wouldnt die as much!

Great I'm in racing mode right now. 

Just picked up WRC7 since I saw it was on sale for 80% off in the PS Store. One thing I never liked with the Dirt games is that the track always seemed so wide. From any rally I've ever seen the tracks are almost always tight and narrow. WRC definelty gets that part right. Very challenging!

Also still enjoying Gran Turismo Sport and Wreckfest.

56 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Final Fantasy 15. Picked it up for a fiver. Did complete the game on release but want to platinum it and do the extra dungeons and dlc. 40 hours in and loving it all over again

I just loved cruising around with the FF7, 8 & 9 soundtracks. AMAZING

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 10:26, Thefox81 said:

Final Fantasy 15. Picked it up for a fiver. Did complete the game on release but want to platinum it and do the extra dungeons and dlc. 40 hours in and loving it all over again

On ‎04‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 11:23, kingcarr21 said:

I just loved cruising around with the FF7, 8 & 9 soundtracks. AMAZING

Now that I've finished AC Odyssey, I could do with a decent JRPG to get into again.  As a distraction, I have Doom on the go, but can only manage an hour or so at a time with that, it's such fast pace.

FFXV I missed at launch.  I've also looked at Persona 5 and Nier Automata.  Which one is the best one to get - any ideas?

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Now that I've finished AC Odyssey, I could do with a decent JRPG to get into again.  As a distraction, I have Doom on the go, but can only manage an hour or so at a time with that, it's such fast pace.

FFXV I missed at launch.  I've also looked at Persona 5 and Nier Automata.  Which one is the best one to get - any ideas?

Havent played the other games you mentioned only FFXV. Im enjoying it more second time around. 

Controls take a little getting used to as its different to earlier FF games ie no turn based battles (unless you alter it in the options). 

Finding myself engrossed in the game and for only a fiver as well.

Really want to platinum this.

Edited by Thefox81