Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Played through the story in Detroit. I got a very interesting ending. Now I want to play AC Odyssey or Kingdom Hearts 3 but I also want to play through Detroit again and do the complete opposite.

From the sounds of it if I play AC Odyssey I will be lost in that for hours so I might just plough through KH3 and finally see how it ends.

11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Played through the story in Detroit. I got a very interesting ending. Now I want to play AC Odyssey or Kingdom Hearts 3 but I also want to play through Detroit again and do the complete opposite.

From the sounds of it if I play AC Odyssey I will be lost in that for hours so I might just plough through KH3 and finally see how it ends.

Go with KH3.  I'm 42 hours on AC:O now, character at level 36 out of 50.  Gameplay wise it's as easy as ever, I'm now carving through enemies having set up 12 perks on the fly to complement my playing style.  Even though it's easy, it never gets too dull.  Upping the difficulty is only going to increase the amount of hits it takes to down enemies, not their intelligence, so I can't be bothered with that.  I've deviated so far off the main story line, I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing next.  Just touring all of the individual Greek islands now and completing everything on offer at each, apart from side quests.  Inadvertently completing bounties as I go along - crazy amounts of XP gained on those.  Cash is easy to come by.  Dismantle gear, don't sell it, no need.

So yeah, easy going.  Platinum should land in about 90 hours.

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:24, Legend_in_blue said:

Go with KH3.  I'm 42 hours on AC:O now, character at level 36 out of 50.  Gameplay wise it's as easy as ever, I'm now carving through enemies having set up 12 perks on the fly to complement my playing style.  Even though it's easy, it never gets too dull.  Upping the difficulty is only going to increase the amount of hits it takes to down enemies, not their intelligence, so I can't be bothered with that.  I've deviated so far off the main story line, I can't remember what I'm supposed to be doing next.  Just touring all of the individual Greek islands now and completing everything on offer at each, apart from side quests.  Inadvertently completing bounties as I go along - crazy amounts of XP gained on those.  Cash is easy to come by.  Dismantle gear, don't sell it, no need.

So yeah, easy going.  Platinum should land in about 90 hours.

I went with assassins creed lol. Felt a little bizarre playing it to begin with as I'm not used to an AC game having such an RPG element. At first I thought this is terrible but I persevered. Done a couple of simple quests and just started exploring. I think I am going to enjoy it but not quite sure yet. Doesn't feel as crisp as earlier AC games but I'm only on the first island so I'm sure it will improve.

I love an RPG so no doubt I will plow loads of hours into it lol 

I am about 10 hours into AC Odyssey. I really do find the dialogue bizarre. I just don't think the voice acting fits the Greek time period at all. Alexios voice is ok but its the NPC's that I just think 'you sound really weird' lol. Saying that though I am really enjoying the game. So much to do. I've always loved exploring in these types of games. I get to a new area and will visit all locations before I do quests. So I am taking over strongholds and then I do a quest that means visiting a stronghold where I have already been. Alexios will say something like I need to be really careful of the guards. Nope, not a single guard as I have already been here and killed them all lol. So far I have found Wood hard to come by. Started dismantling items instead of selling them which helps.

Also the Orichalcum merchant is well expensive

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Got back into the Civilization series again recently. 

Just had a craving for it all of a sudden. Thinking of picking up Civ VI, but wondering whether it's worth the expense vs. older versions.

I've been obsessively playing it (on the switch). It's a really solid game. I found it for like $35 on amazon, and i've definitely gotten my monies worth already. 

Interested to read the impressions of AC Odyssey because I've just given up on it. Exploration is fun enough and the environments look nice but it's far, far bigger than it needs to be. The combat is an absolute chore, especially if you have the nerve to fight anything above your current level or use under-levelled gear. It's not challenging, since all enemy attacks are completely telegraphed and the parry window is about five minutes wide, just tedious. That'd be OK if you could get by with assassinations and the bow, but you can't really because anything above a common soldier can tank stabs to the throat and arrows to the head. The story, characters and world aren't engaging enough to make the slog feel worthwhile and the only thing the RPG stuff (i.e. character and gear levels) achieves is to artificially stifle your progression. Bin.

16 hours ago, Guest said:

Interested to read the impressions of AC Odyssey because I've just given up on it. Exploration is fun enough and the environments look nice but it's far, far bigger than it needs to be. The combat is an absolute chore, especially if you have the nerve to fight anything above your current level or use under-levelled gear. It's not challenging, since all enemy attacks are completely telegraphed and the parry window is about five minutes wide, just tedious. That'd be OK if you could get by with assassinations and the bow, but you can't really because anything above a common soldier can tank stabs to the throat and arrows to the head. The story, characters and world aren't engaging enough to make the slog feel worthwhile and the only thing the RPG stuff (i.e. character and gear levels) achieves is to artificially stifle your progression. Bin.

I've had similar thoughts. I open up the map and just think wow this map is stupidly big.

I'm enjoying the game, I just like running around to every map location, I'm 18 hours in and not bored yet. I still have a problem with the dialogue and voice acting though, Seems out of place. I'm enjoying the story a little more now the cult have become involved.

I'm sure I will put in many hours. lol 

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've had similar thoughts. I open up the map and just think wow this map is stupidly big.

I'm enjoying the game, I just like running around to every map location, I'm 18 hours in and not bored yet. I still have a problem with the dialogue and voice acting though, Seems out of place. I'm enjoying the story a little more now the cult have become involved.

I'm sure I will put in many hours. lol 

To be fair, as much as I've complained about it, I've apparently put in about 50 hours across two saves so there's obviously something enjoyable there! There's just absolutely no end in sight and the actual gameplay, most of which I don't find very entertaining, doesn't seem to change in any meaningful way the further you progress. When the whole cult thing got introduced my initial thought was "wow", quickly followed by "for ****'s sake, how am I ever supposed to finish this?". I've dropped out at more or less the exact same point both times so I guess it's just not for me, but I know a lot of people love it and rate it as one of the best in the series. Each to their own, I suppose.

It's essentially Assassin's Creed Origins version 2.  The new gameplay mechanics they've introduced make it even easier imo.

Strange Ubi didn't announce anything about the new one at E3 but rumours are it's set in the Vikings era.  Wherever it is, we can't be having Assassin's Creed Origins version 3.

On a side note Watchdogs 3 looks excellent.  This and Cyberpunk likely to be my last purchases on PS4 before the PS5 launch next(?) year.

On 11/06/2019 at 11:24, RoboFox said:

Got back into the Civilization series again recently. 

Just had a craving for it all of a sudden. Thinking of picking up Civ VI, but wondering whether it's worth the expense vs. older versions.

Nuke Gandhi before he nukes you.

On 15/06/2019 at 15:12, somebum said:

Hearts of iron 4.. very good

I had (still have I think) Hearts of Iron 2. I started it, but it was so complex... the manual was 70+ pages of serious reading. I really wanted to get into it as it's supposed to be very good, but man, the detail!

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I had (still have I think) Hearts of Iron 2. I started it, but it was so complex... the manual was 70+ pages of serious reading. I really wanted to get into it as it's supposed to be very good, but man, the detail!

Very true.. I think if anything 4 would be even more complicated. Don't let it put you off. I sat listening to a YouTube how to guide for a start.. some of those are four hours. I have restarted many times, it's all depending on my patience levels.

I find these games more enjoyable nowadays, as I've completely lost the plot with controlling action characters 

10 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

On a bit of a courtroom drama binge:  Played through LA Noire this month and now I'm going through the Phoenix Wright trilogy.

How far into Phoenix Wright are you? Love the series.

I'm now 45 hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey. Absolutely loving it now after some gripes to begin with. Just love exploring, finding all the locations on an island and the synchronize points. Just started the arena and done the Minotaur missions lol.

I can see myself doing this platinum. Which would only be my 3rd platinum trophy

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'm now 45 hours into Assassins Creed Odyssey. Absolutely loving it now after some gripes to begin with. Just love exploring, finding all the locations on an island and the synchronize points. Just started the arena and done the Minotaur missions lol.

I can see myself doing this platinum. Which would only be my 3rd platinum trophy

I bought that on release, still haven't started it because i want to finish Origins lol

11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I'm 45 hours in as well but what are the Minotaur missions?  lol

Arena?  lol

I haven't a clue!