Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

My Xbox One died a couple of months ago. 

Seems to be a hard drive death.

Can't really say I'm missing it all that much. I don't really get chance to play many games these days anyway, but I find I'm focusing more on my more productive hobbies.

Wondering whether there's any point in replacing it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Found a voucher from work for JLewis so decided to pick up Smash Bros and Mario Party for the switch. Mario Party hasn't arrived yet, but got Smash last night and it's gonna take some time to get used to haha. Ages since I last played any similar sort of game.

Still spending copious amounts of time playing Tetris99, though. Brilliant for a free game. They've just released the new DLC which gives you a couple of offline modes - must be one of the only games where you get multiplayer for free and have to pay extra for single player lol. Tempted to buy it for the flight when I go away next month...

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Found a voucher from work for JLewis so decided to pick up Smash Bros and Mario Party for the switch. Mario Party hasn't arrived yet, but got Smash last night and it's gonna take some time to get used to haha. Ages since I last played any similar sort of game.

Still spending copious amounts of time playing Tetris99, though. Brilliant for a free game. They've just released the new DLC which gives you a couple of offline modes - must be one of the only games where you get multiplayer for free and have to pay extra for single player lol. Tempted to buy it for the flight when I go away next month...

Mate, I was a god at Smash Bros on the GameCube, but somehow I can’t work out how to play it on the Switch ?

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Traded in some games and got myself Detroit, Assassins Creed Odyssey and Kingdom Hearts 3. Started playing Detroit first. Loved Fahranheit and Heavy Rain so been meaning to get this. Got some gaming to get through

It took me 20 hours to reach Athens.  I'm now at 38 hours and just about to leave Athens.  lol

Oh, and the map isn't more than a third uncovered either.  

It took me 75 hours to platinum Origins.  I reckon this one will take at least 85.

12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It took me 20 hours to reach Athens.  I'm now at 38 hours and just about to leave Athens.  lol

Oh, and the map isn't more than a third uncovered either.  

It took me 75 hours to platinum Origins.  I reckon this one will take at least 85.

Sounds good. Not started it yet but once Detroit is done ill crack on with it. AC games have been very hit and miss for me. Not played Origins or Black Flag. AC3 was terrible but AC2 was brilliant. It sounds like Odyssey will be a good game to play from the reviews etc.

45 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sounds good. Not started it yet but once Detroit is done ill crack on with it. AC games have been very hit and miss for me. Not played Origins or Black Flag. AC3 was terrible but AC2 was brilliant. It sounds like Odyssey will be a good game to play from the reviews etc.

If you've not played Origins you'll be fine with it.  The one criticism i would level at it is that it's more of the same, but A LOT more of the same.  Ok if you've not already gone through 75 hours worth of pretty much identical gameplay from Origins.  

Rumour has it the next one is set in the viking era.  Needs a change up, cant repeat this again a third time.

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

It’s epic, the story is great and Ancient Greece looks simply stunning. I’m almost 90 hours in and only done about half of the story quests, but there’s still so much extra stuff that doesn’t even count towards that. The next AC game will probably be out before I’ve finished this one lol

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2.  Possibly the weebiest game I've played.

It's bloody good though. I can't stand the anime tropes and the hypersexualising of the characters but the gameplay is great and the overarching plot is solid.

10 hours ago, Bryn said:

It's bloody good though. I can't stand the anime tropes and the hypersexualising of the characters but the gameplay is great and the overarching plot is solid.

I'm not sure I agree.  Way too much time downtime spent on mundane activities like climbing really tall ladders, completing boring fetch quests or dealing with the incredibly frustrating decision to make you walk from one cut scene to the activation point for the next without introducing any obstacles in between.  The main story is a redeeming factor and the combat has surprising depth so it can be pretty rewarding when you've got your team set up to mercilessly combo through enemies:  Building up orbs on a tanky enemy then unleashing a specials combo that eradicates their health bar is highly satisfying.  But what's the point when the rest of your game is populated with unimaginative features?  I haven't even touched on the decision to represent all the farming locations with a glowing dot on the terrain so there's no visual difference between a patch of flowers, a mine or a fishing spot...  Personally I'd only recommend the game if you're specifically looking for something you can get stoned and kill time with but even then there are tons of better options available for more reasonable prices and without so much borderline paedophilia, definitely not worth 50 odd quid imo (which I thankfully didn't spend, got it on sale).

Edited by Carl the Llama

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

Who’d you start with and how far are you into the game? Did you play any of the total warhammers?

I've played every historical title since I started the series in 2000. Probably the only game series I've rocked up more time than Football Manager. 

I didn't play the warhammer games because, mostly, I just can't tell you how little interest I have in warhammer. I appreciate they're supposed to be good but it's just not for me. 

I completed my first campaign as Zheng Jiang and I'm now on my second, I started as Ma Teng but only in order to recruit Lu Bu, name him my heir and immediately kill Teng himself lol

So I'm basically Lu Bu only with ridiculous cavalry units for dirt cheap. Winning. 

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I've played every historical title since I started the series in 2000. Probably the only game series I've rocked up more time than Football Manager. 

I didn't play the warhammer games because, mostly, I just can't tell you how little interest I have in warhammer. I appreciate they're supposed to be good but it's just not for me. 

I completed my first campaign as Zheng Jiang and I'm now on my second, I started as Ma Teng but only in order to recruit Lu Bu, name him my heir and immediately kill Teng himself lol

So I'm basically Lu Bu only with ridiculous cavalry units for dirt cheap. Winning. 

Yeah the warhammer series are very good games. Well at least I think so. 

I have just just downloaded 3 kingdoms but not really started yet. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, casablancas said:

Yeah the warhammer series are very good games. Well at least I think so. 

I have just just downloaded 3 kingdoms but not really started yet. Any suggestions?

Depends how confident you are with total war. If you're good, I dunno, go with whatever you like. Ma Teng is actually a pretty good option I'm finding, it's a reasonably good starting location, two great vanguards, horses for days which are powerful af. 

If you're less confident, roll with Sun Jian, he's very much the easy mode. More than Cao Cao because he starts alone in the south with a lot of room to grow. 

There's a lot of new features to get used to especially if you play romance mode which you should. 

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Depends how confident you are with total war. If you're good, I dunno, go with whatever you like. Ma Teng is actually a pretty good option I'm finding, it's a reasonably good starting location, two great vanguards, horses for days which are powerful af. 

If you're less confident, roll with Sun Jian, he's very much the easy mode. More than Cao Cao because he starts alone in the south with a lot of room to grow. 

There's a lot of new features to get used to especially if you play romance mode which you should. 

The romance mode is more about the honor duals and the legends right? I was about to boot the bugger up and it’s updating haha. I can’t wait to get lost in this game. Been waiting a good while. 

2 hours ago, casablancas said:

The romance mode is more about the honor duals and the legends right? I was about to boot the bugger up and it’s updating haha. I can’t wait to get lost in this game. Been waiting a good while. 

To be honest, duels are hit and miss, you need to pick your moments and use them tactically. They're cool but sometimes it's better just to gang up with your three heroes on theirs one at a time. 

Pragmatism > honour, especially as its rarely a fair fight.