Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 14/09/2019 at 22:37, Sir Shep said:

Is Rage 2 any good, on offer on the PS store at the mo. 

The core gameplay is very fun but the story and world aren't particularly interesting. Basically when you're shooting something it's great and when you're not it's a bit dull. I bought it because I'd played a few too many 100+ hour epics recently and wanted something straightforward to blast through and it did a job in that respect.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Only downside for me is the endless amount of  conversations or rather, conversational options.

It's feels as if you're stuck in a bit of fighting in between lots of talking heads.

Yes do agree with that. Gets very tedious. However i think it makes up for it in other areas. I love my rpgs and this was a game that filled a void between FF games.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I platinumed AC Odyssey after 100 hours and went onto the DLC. This has took me another 40 hours to complete so I can now put it down and try something else lol. Really enjoyed it and certainly got my moneys worth.

I don't dare buy AC Origins lol 

I just slogged through origins myself, was determined to finish it before i started odyssey, which i did, and im really enjoying the newer one. you should get origins though for sure

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

So I platinumed AC Odyssey after 100 hours and went onto the DLC. This has took me another 40 hours to complete so I can now put it down and try something else lol. Really enjoyed it and certainly got my moneys worth.

I don't dare buy AC Origins lol 

I platinumed Origins in around 78 hours.  As you know, Odyssey took me about 100 hours.  I would recommend getting it, the map will seem smaller in comparison with Odyssey and many of the outlying regions are just desert and nothing else, hence the 20 hours less game time.

Nier Automata is decent.  I'm about 10 hours into this now.  It's not at masterpiece levels yet but it's a solid title nonetheless.  

• Like 1

Just got Xcom2 cheap on my PS4. I've already played it on my PC, but it was a PC that barely coped.

Mainly I've bought it to play War of the Chosen and I've got a question for anyone who's played it (I'm thinking @Finnegan @kingcarr21 @Beliall ?)

Before I attempt WotC, should I play through the main campaign again, considering it's at least 2 years since I last played it?

43 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just got Xcom2 cheap on my PS4. I've already played it on my PC, but it was a PC that barely coped.

Mainly I've bought it to play War of the Chosen and I've got a question for anyone who's played it (I'm thinking @Finnegan @kingcarr21 @Beliall ?)

Before I attempt WotC, should I play through the main campaign again, considering it's at least 2 years since I last played it?

completely up to you mate, i think WOTC completes the experience more, you have played the game before so you will notice the new stuff and other improvements, just go for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Definitely play WOTC. 

WOTC or Long War are great but straight vanilla is a bit shallow. 

WOTC  isn't a sequel it's a complete make over and addition to the main campaign. 

• Like 1

On 19/08/2019 at 18:01, stripeyfox said:

Anyone play Kerbal Space Program? Been sort of on my radar for years but took the plunge yesterday (got it for £5) and it is brilliant. Very difficult in places and feels like a physics lesson but launching my man into space and returning him safely (after several failures) was one of my most rewardig gaming achievements!

Know I'm responding late to this, but absolutely - have about 800 hours on it.

Hard mode where every part has to be tested and you'd better have abort options ready (and they'd better work) rather than just F9ing is no joke.

Got a surprisingly beastly new machine to replace my 4 years old piece of shit computer so I've spent all afternoon running around Witcher 3 in glorious ultra definition and the thing's not even broken a sweat.  Plus the new setup's both cheaper and more energy efficient than aforementioned piece of shit, all with shiny RGB to boot.  PC master race ftw.

• Like 3

On 03/10/2019 at 06:21, leicsmac said:

Know I'm responding late to this, but absolutely - have about 800 hours on it.

Hard mode where every part has to be tested and you'd better have abort options ready (and they'd better work) rather than just F9ing is no joke.

yeah I had a really good time playing it, but been really busy at work/home last few weeks so had to put it to one side. Will definately go back to it at some point though (maybe when the new one comes out!)

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

yeah I had a really good time playing it, but been really busy at work/home last few weeks so had to put it to one side. Will definately go back to it at some point though (maybe when the new one comes out!)

...and now I've killed Valentina thanks to some idiot manoeuvring trying to score more science points on the Mun.

*headdesk*

• Haha 1