Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

51 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Getting my ass kicked on Modern Warfare on the PS4, it’s been many years since I’ve gamed online and  I’m an old man now with slow reactions, still enjoying it though ?

I am enjoying it as well. I forgot how quick it is to die though, you have like 0.01 seconds to react.

I used to be so good at COD in my twenties, I played MW3 religiously! I think I had a KDR of 5 or something.

I get absolutely destroyed at any online shooter now, way too frustrating! Just stick to games without PVP now like Warframe.

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey. 

AC3 put me off the series and I haven't bought one since. I had this recommended to me by so many people and it's incredible. 

I'm 30 years old so I can't remember the last time I was willing/able to sink 70 hours into a game but I play it any chance I get. I've completed the main storyline but I reckon I've still got another 20 hours to put into finishing off the cult and opening the 

Gates of Atlantis.

Edited by Danizen

Been playing Undertale this past week, I love games with a good sense of humour.  Did a full pacifist run to get that ending which was... confusing...   Obviously the next step is start a new save and kill everyone to see what that does. :thumbup:

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 08:55, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Getting my ass kicked on Modern Warfare on the PS4, it’s been many years since I’ve gamed online and  I’m an old man now with slow reactions, still enjoying it though ?

The standard of player on this is pretty much the best of the best.  I don't think I've got that slow in terms of reactions, online players know it inside out.  There are very few easy targets unlike how it was back in the day when playing until the early hours in the morning.

It's the best online shooter I've ever played and I never sunk in anywhere near the number of hours into anything else when it came to FPS.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2019 at 09:43, a_k_b said:

Looking for some pc game recommendations to play. The games I currently play the most is football manager, stardew valley and europa universalis 4. Happy to try something old or new. 

Europa Universalis is great. What about Civ or something from the Total War family.

Recently been playing the updated Civ6 after getting bored of the repetitiveness of Mutant year zero and I've just started pathfinder-kingmaker

On 19/03/2019 at 08:43, a_k_b said:

Looking for some pc game recommendations to play. The games I currently play the most is football manager, stardew valley and europa universalis 4. Happy to try something old or new. 

Sounds like you'd like Stellaris.

Anyone tried out Firestorm? The battle royale mode on Battlefield that went live yesterday? All my mates who I online game with have been spaffing their pants waiting for it to be released. All of them begging me to buy Battlefield so I can join in.

My Wattsapp group chat lit up yesterday from all of them complaining about how shit it is lol. So glad I didn't waste my money

On 13/03/2019 at 08:55, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I'm afraid I may be one of the ones doing the ass kicking lol. I played a lot, and I mean a LOT of the original game and I was buzzing when I saw it was free this month as I always told myself I wasn't going to pay for it again. I'm loving it, pure nostalgia and I think they did a decent job of keeping the feel of the original with some extra content from the newer ones. 

Current K.D ratio hovering around 2.0, M16 with the red dot sight still reigns supreme 12 years later. As someone mentioned above I think there's a real split between old hands that know the maps, sightlines, grenade points and weapons inside out and then a lot of people that are new to it, especially this month with it being free. I'm going to make the most of it as this current spike in players will no doubt tail off over time and that will be the end of it forever :nono:

29 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'm afraid I may be one of the ones doing the ass kicking lol. I played a lot, and I mean a LOT of the original game and I was buzzing when I saw it was free this month as I always told myself I wasn't going to pay for it again. I'm loving it, pure nostalgia and I think they did a decent job of keeping the feel of the original with some extra content from the newer ones. 

Current K.D ratio hovering around 2.0, M16 with the red dot sight still reigns supreme 12 years later. As someone mentioned above I think there's a real split between old hands that know the maps, sightlines, grenade points and weapons inside out and then a lot of people that are new to it, especially this month with it being free. I'm going to make the most of it as this current spike in players will no doubt tail off over time and that will be the end of it forever :nono:

I didn’t play the original game, I played a lot of Mod Warfare 2 and Black Ops with a KD of over 2 on the latter, its very difficult but I’m beginning to think my gaming days are over I’ve had the latest Red Dead since it’s release and it’s still in its wrapper. Old age has crept up I reckon!

34 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I didn’t play the original game, I played a lot of Mod Warfare 2 and Black Ops with a KD of over 2 on the latter, its very difficult but I’m beginning to think my gaming days are over I’ve had the latest Red Dead since it’s release and it’s still in its wrapper. Old age has crept up I reckon!

I have just put in the Red Dead thread that ive completed the main story. Its a massive game that is slow starting but persevere and you have a brilliant game. Get playing it

• Like 1

On 02/04/2019 at 09:43, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Same here. Two games I was really looking forward to were Just Cause & Red dead. Played both for a combo of about an hour. Have to come to terms with the fact that my gaming days are over after 35+ years. :(

• Sad 1

On 08/04/2019 at 15:42, sm1 said:

Same here. Two games I was really looking forward to were Just Cause & Red dead. Played both for a combo of about an hour. Have to come to terms with the fact that my gaming days are over after 35+ years. :(

I know what you mean, I've lost it as well