Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

I was playing RDR2, but I put in 3 hours of solid missions only to find out the next day that none of my progress saved... needless to say I'm not in the mood to look at it just yet.

Instead, I've turned my attention to Breath of the Wild. Just completed all 120 Shrines, and now trying to summon the energy to make a start on the Korok seeds... Have been dipping into Gears 5 when I've been in the mood too.

4 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Havent played the other games you mentioned only FFXV. Im enjoying it more second time around. 

Controls take a little getting used to as its different to earlier FF games ie no turn based battles (unless you alter it in the options). 

Finding myself engrossed in the game and for only a fiver as well.

Really want to platinum this.

I've done some reading up on Nier Automata.  Outstanding game by all accounts, a masterpiece.  Suffered from a poor release window in terms of competition, Zelda and Horizon sandwiched it and it suffered.  Best game you'll never play etc. 

Will probably go for this first out of my list of 3.

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've done some reading up on Nier Automata.  Outstanding game by all accounts, a masterpiece.  Suffered from a poor release window in terms of competition, Zelda and Horizon sandwiched it and it suffered.  Best game you'll never play etc. 

Will probably go for this first out of my list of 3.

FF XV is average as anything. Nier is far superior but it is more of a devil may cry bayonetta style game than  than a classic RPG. Not played persona 5 but its suppose to be good.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

On 07/09/2019 at 20:39, Legend_in_blue said:

Now that I've finished AC Odyssey, I could do with a decent JRPG to get into again.  As a distraction, I have Doom on the go, but can only manage an hour or so at a time with that, it's such fast pace.

FFXV I missed at launch.  I've also looked at Persona 5 and Nier Automata.  Which one is the best one to get - any ideas?

Ive not played either of the others but my brother in law swears by Nier Automata. He says its brilliant. One of them games on my to do list

On 07/09/2019 at 20:39, Legend_in_blue said:

Now that I've finished AC Odyssey, I could do with a decent JRPG to get into again.  As a distraction, I have Doom on the go, but can only manage an hour or so at a time with that, it's such fast pace.

FFXV I missed at launch.  I've also looked at Persona 5 and Nier Automata.  Which one is the best one to get - any ideas?

I've played RPGs on and off for many years (since I bought FFVII for my youngest and he came to me one day with the words 'Daddy I'm stuck' - I tried to help, found I couldn't put the game down and have played RPGs ever since).  I've played Persona 5 and would recommend it to anyone who loves turn-based RPGs.

4 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Yeah, it's not much of a remaster to be honest. The characters look great and there's some QOL improvements, but that's  about it.

That's what I was going to ask. 

Other than the sprites now look like 12 year old anime characters I can't see what's different. 

Are the FMVs unchanged? 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

That's what I was going to ask. 

Other than the sprites now look like 12 year old anime characters I can't see what's different. 

Are the FMVs unchanged? 

Yeah unchanged as far as I can tell. What does look better, you know the parts where they mix FMV into the 3d environment, like when the Galbadians get the comms tower going, that definitely looks much better.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

I would love to be able to play it again without knowing what happens. It really is brilliant. Get playing it NOW lol 

8 hours ago, pds said:

Found 'The Last of Us' still in its wrapper yesterday hidden away in a cupboard. Can't even remember buying it. Will need to give it a go at some point.

Loved Last of Us. Brilliant stuff. But I think it's a one play through type of game as kingcarr says. Definitely one of the best games I've played

Been playing through AC: Odyssey. After 30 odd hours, and completing c30% of the storyline and discovering around 27% of the whole map, it's starting to become tedious.

It is a great game and very enjoyable for so long, but the repetitiveness of clearing out endless forts, camps etc is causing me to lose a bit of interest.

I was very much into the storyline, but with huge gaps inbetween if discovering new locations and side quests etc, it's easy to forget exactly whats happened and what you was doing.

I can see that it's compartitive to Witcher 3, but for me it doesnt come close, albeit a very good game.

8 hours ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Been playing through AC: Odyssey. After 30 odd hours, and completing c30% of the storyline and discovering around 27% of the whole map, it's starting to become tedious.

It is a great game and very enjoyable for so long, but the repetitiveness of clearing out endless forts, camps etc is causing me to lose a bit of interest.

I was very much into the storyline, but with huge gaps inbetween if discovering new locations and side quests etc, it's easy to forget exactly whats happened and what you was doing.

I can see that it's compartitive to Witcher 3, but for me it doesnt come close, albeit a very good game.

It's decent as you say but it's not in the same league as Witcher 3 or HZD.  HZD is without doubt the best game on PS4 imo.