Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

On 06/04/2020 at 10:29, bmt said:

Looking for suggestions on decent RPGs.

Favourite games are Elder Scrolls (Morrowind is my favourite ever game) - so just started a new Skyrim playthrough, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and I loved dishonoured when that first came out. Never played the Last of Us so just ordered that, anything else people recommend? Preferably something where you can openly  explore with similar world depth to Bethesda games. Never properly played the Witcher games so may have a look there.

Got plenty of time on my hands as you would expect at the mo!

Try mount & blade: bannerlord. 

have a glance through steam and see what ya think. 

Picked up NBA2k20 as it was 70% off.

Such a better basketball game than Fifa is a football game.

Also nice when you play "My Team" which is their version of Ultimate Team, that you can put together a nice team in no time with no money spent.

On 11/04/2020 at 13:24, MC Prussian said:

Resident Evil 2 Remake, after picking it up at discount price in the XBOX online store.

Very, very good. Top-notch atmosphere.

Being chased around by the Tyrant in the police station isn't particularly easy on the nerves. lol

Just finished this today, great game but an absolute bitch at times.

I had to load old saves on a couple of occasions otherwise it would have been impossible.

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just finished this today, great game but an absolute bitch at times.

I had to load old saves on a couple of occasions otherwise it would have been impossible.

Last few boss fights are frustrating at times, but so rewarding once you get past them.

If you think the game is hard on standard, try the second playthrough - on the same difficulty level. :sweating:

Absolutely superb game, I applaud the developers for putting in so much effort, eye for detail and staying true to the original and expanding it where it fits best.

Suspense, gore, has it all. Brilliant adventure with plenty of replay value.

The kids Xbox one has been laying unused for months. Now I am working at home I rigged it up to use as a TV in the spare room and discovred Skyrim remastered for £15! Haven't played it for years so took a punt!

Forgot how good this game is, was up until god knows what time last night playing it and can't wait to play a bit more tonight!

Resisting the temptation to switch it on during work hours....

Pondering about finally giving Resident Evil 7 a full go. I saw the first few reviews, then attempted at playing it myself shortly after.

Didn't get very far though. lol

It's tricky with the timing - the atmosphere and music is oh so scary and adds to the overall experience, very distracting.

24 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Pondering about finally giving Resident Evil 7 a full go. I saw the first few reviews, then attempted at playing it myself shortly after.

Didn't get very far though. lol

It's tricky with the timing - the atmosphere and music is oh so scary and adds to the overall experience, very distracting.

It's an excellent game.  Didn't quite have the relentless scares of Alien Isolation as you move further into the game, but it's still excellent.

Jumped on fallout 76 hesitantly because of the garbage its  always been but the Wastelander dlc is game changing and free if you've already got the game, just a download. Completely sucked in now it's got npcs lol. 

On 16/04/2020 at 12:30, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bought Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu for the Switch (it's basically Pokemon Yellow Remasted) and I'm having lots of fun with it.

Took me about 30 hours but finally beat the Elite 4, captured Mewtwo and then beat the Elite 4 again (You have to beat them twice now). There's Master Trainers and loads of new battles to do after you've done the Elite 4 now, should take me a good few hours to complete the lot. I saw online that in total the game could be completed in about 20-25 hours, God knows how, they must have absolutely rushed through it.

AC ODYSSEY.  Loving the ancient Greek world even if its a little bloated and repetitive at times. I'm about 30 hours in and reckon i'm about 60% through the main story.

I brought Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn for after I've finished with this but i'm not sure which one to go to first, Probably HZD.

3 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

AC ODYSSEY.  Loving the ancient Greek world even if its a little bloated and repetitive at times. I'm about 30 hours in and reckon i'm about 60% through the main story.

I brought Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn for after I've finished with this but i'm not sure which one to go to first, Probably HZD.

ACO took me 120 hours to platinum. Really enjoyed it.

That's a real conundrum between HZD and Spiderman as both games are brilliant. Personally I would go with Spiderman as you will complete that quicker than HZD. That's some top quality gaming you have coming up. Enjoy

16 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

I'd wager you're not even 60% through it, I think after 30 hours I was on about 26%lol You should be able to check in the menus somewhere. Great game though.

27 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

ACO took me 120 hours to platinum. Really enjoyed it.

That's a real conundrum between HZD and Spiderman as both games are brilliant. Personally I would go with Spiderman as you will complete that quicker than HZD. That's some top quality gaming you have coming up. Enjoy

Is Spiderman significantly shorter then HZD then?  I'm leaning to HZD as its kinda scfi fantasy and just quite different to anything else (or so I'm led to believe.  Spiderman on the other hand I guess i know what its going to be about.

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd wager you're not even 60% through it, I think after 30 hours I was on about 26%lol You should be able to check in the menus somewhere. Great game though.

:jawdrop:

Just had a look on Ubisoft club and its showing 43.76% Main Progression.  Not sure what exactly that refers to tho.

12 minutes ago, foxes1988 said:

Is Spiderman significantly shorter then HZD then?  I'm leaning to HZD as its kinda scfi fantasy and just quite different to anything else (or so I'm led to believe.  Spiderman on the other hand I guess i know what its going to be about.

:jawdrop:

Just had a look on Ubisoft club and its showing 43.76% Main Progression.  Not sure what exactly that refers to tho.

Think it's mostly storyline missions and collectables. Don't think side missions count (which I did a lot of tbf) as they are unlimited and keep re-appearing.

Playing Outward on the PS4 with my son. Pretty decent and unique with local coop for an RPG. Quite testy as well, and does provide a rare sense of achievement when you actual progress later in the various factions storylines.

9 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

I platinumed Odyssey in around 90ish hours.  HZD took 75ish from what I remember.

HZD is the best game on PS4.

13 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I platinumed Odyssey in around 90ish hours.  HZD took 75ish from what I remember.

HZD is the best game on PS4.

I never Platinum games.  Have the best intentions to do so sometimes but always just burn out before hand as find it too much of a grind.

Definitely been sucked in by the Spring sale on PS store. Gone and brought Bloodborne now ready for after the 100 odd hours of gaming I've already got lined up :D.  Think this lockdown has made me a little optimistic about how much spare time i have on my hands.

Edited by foxes1988

Instead of opting for RE7, I am now continuing playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I started quite a while ago, but dropped the title after a short while.

Definitely forces you to accept the fact that everything moves way slower - just the way it was back in the day.

You could say it's a bit of a shame that there is no fast travel option. But maybe one appreciates the beauty and splendor of the vistas more this way.

Only downside to me are the controls - still. They are either overly sensitive or clunky.

And I feel almost overwhelmed with the amount of different functions for each button, maybe it's a bit too much here. It's definitely mightily realistic, yet feels slightly overcomplicated.

Edited by MC Prussian