Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Downloaded GT Sport off the PS Store for a tenner.

Had the Beta a while back before it was fully released, and after seeing how half baked it was on release, subsequently didn't bother with the full version.

I hear they've added to it, so thought, why not?  

I'm still waiting for the fecker to download.  96GB of updates later, it had better be worth it.  Only have arcade mode at the moment open to me.  It's been downloading since 4pm!  lol

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Downloaded GT Sport off the PS Store for a tenner.

Had the Beta a while back before it was fully released, and after seeing how half baked it was on release, subsequently didn't bother with the full version.

I hear they've added to it, so thought, why not?  

I'm still waiting for the fecker to download.  96GB of updates later, it had better be worth it.  Only have arcade mode at the moment open to me.  It's been downloading since 4pm!  lol

I bet you'll still be disappointed :D

What's really jarring is how long it takes to copy a paltry update file on a 100GB+ game. 1-2 minutes to install, 30-60 mins to copy. Hopefully the PS5 will fix that issue. GT Sport is one of the few PS4 games that constantly gets updated, at least once a month. Keep that in mind!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgrading my pc at the moment, nothing to ultra but so it can handle games without lagging or crashing.

Not changed the chip its an Intel Pentium 3.00ghz, was 4gb ram added another 4gb and just purchased a graphics card £150 asus strix 1050 ti 4gb gddr5

got far cry 5, doom, need for speed and no mans sky atm will try the free modern warfare as well.

something to keep me entertained while this goes on

Need a new game to play during lockdown now I've finished Star Wars and it's two months until Last of Us 2. Any suggestions? I generally like action/adventure, Metal Gear, Horizon, Spiderman, that type of thing. Was looking at God of War or Nier, but neither seem to particularly grab me.

5 hours ago, Libertine said:

Need a new game to play during lockdown now I've finished Star Wars and it's two months until Last of Us 2. Any suggestions? I generally like action/adventure, Metal Gear, Horizon, Spiderman, that type of thing. Was looking at God of War or Nier, but neither seem to particularly grab me.

I have both of those.  They're both good games.  Some people will say they are both masterpieces, but I don't think they're that good.  I finished both main questlines, and didn't go back.  Horizon on the other hand, different gravy.

• Like 1

Downloaded Fable Anniversary for free with gold. The original was one of my favourite games of all time.

Also picked up Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic 1 and 2 for £3 each on download, playing the first one currently and it's as fun as i remember.

Gonna be a nostalgia filled isolation.

On 01/04/2020 at 13:26, Libertine said:

So I ended up buying God of War, enjoying it so far. Not massively into it from a story perspective but impressive nonetheless.

Also bought A Way Out, a co-op game where you escape from prison together. Really fun, cheesy dialogue etc but good action and some bits are just hilarious when you're both cocking it up simultaneously. lol

On 06/12/2019 at 06:18, Leicester_Loyal said:

Used to play it a lot a couple of years ago. I have 1900 total level, but eventually got bored of it like I did as a teen. I'll probably end up back on it at some point, but Fifa and MW are my go to games atm.

And I'm back hooked on OSRS again. I always end up watching Youtube videos of others streaming it then getting hooked again for 3-6 months. It's mad how it's a 19 year old game, which I was playing 15 years ago, yet I still enjoy playing it and still find new things to do.

No Man's Sky.

Is this game meant to be super challenging?  Because I've been spawned on an ice planet which is constantly draining the suit's shields about as fast as I can find sodium above ground and there's no oxygen plants at all that I can find (apart from 3 by the ship which I've already had to use) so now I can't figure out how to complete the first proper fetch quest without my life support draining to zero before I even reach the object let alone return to the ship with it... I feel like I have to be missing something obvious that's making my life harder.

Looking for suggestions on decent RPGs.

Favourite games are Elder Scrolls (Morrowind is my favourite ever game) - so just started a new Skyrim playthrough, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and I loved dishonoured when that first came out. Never played the Last of Us so just ordered that, anything else people recommend? Preferably something where you can openly  explore with similar world depth to Bethesda games. Never properly played the Witcher games so may have a look there.

Got plenty of time on my hands as you would expect at the mo!

1 minute ago, bmt said:

Looking for suggestions on decent RPGs.

Favourite games are Elder Scrolls (Morrowind is my favourite ever game) - so just started a new Skyrim playthrough, and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, and I loved dishonoured when that first came out. Never played the Last of Us so just ordered that, anything else people recommend? Preferably something where you can openly  explore with similar world depth to Bethesda games. Never properly played the Witcher games so may have a look there.

Got plenty of time on my hands as you would expect at the mo!

The Witcher 3 is incredible. As is The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. 

As far as open world exploration goes you cant go far away from:

Horizon Zero Dawn, brilliant game which you can pick up quite cheap now.

Dragon Quest (Latest one, really good game)

Assasins Creed Odyssey, found it weird to start with but then was hooked. 

Ni No Kuni 2. JRPG with bizarre story line. Boring until Chapter 4 then the game transforms. Couldn't put it down.

So many games for you to play. I would be interested in how you get on with games like TLOU and The Witcher 3. To be able to play them games again first time round would be amazing. In the list I said above I would lean towards Horizon Zero Dawn. Interesting story and the game mechanics are very clever.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

The Witcher 3 is incredible. As is The Last of Us and Uncharted 4. 

As far as open world exploration goes you cant go far away from:

Horizon Zero Dawn, brilliant game which you can pick up quite cheap now.

Dragon Quest (Latest one, really good game)

Assasins Creed Odyssey, found it weird to start with but then was hooked. 

Ni No Kuni 2. JRPG with bizarre story line. Boring until Chapter 4 then the game transforms. Couldn't put it down.

So many games for you to play. I would be interested in how you get on with games like TLOU and The Witcher 3. To be able to play them games again first time round would be amazing. In the list I said above I would lean towards Horizon Zero Dawn. Interesting story and the game mechanics are very clever.

Thank you. Will let you know how I get on

5 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

For a second opinion on this, Horizon Zero Dawn is the best game on PS4 imo, although Witcher 3 runs it close.

Horizon is amazing. 

I suspect Witcher 3 is amazing too as everybody who has ever played it thinks its incredible. 

Wouldn't fit the RPG brief but Spiderman is the only other game that runs Horizon close for best game of the gen (TLOU would but only a remaster this gen)- just so fun swinging around!

• Like 1

On 05/04/2020 at 14:01, Carl the Llama said:

No Man's Sky.

Is this game meant to be super challenging?  Because I've been spawned on an ice planet which is constantly draining the suit's shields about as fast as I can find sodium above ground and there's no oxygen plants at all that I can find (apart from 3 by the ship which I've already had to use) so now I can't figure out how to complete the first proper fetch quest without my life support draining to zero before I even reach the object let alone return to the ship with it... I feel like I have to be missing something obvious that's making my life harder.

yeah thats ust the "tutorial" you always start on a rough planet. keep an eye out for soidum plants and oxygen, and remember you can recharge your thermal systems by returning to the space ship when you find it

3 hours ago, Beliall said:

yeah thats ust the "tutorial" you always start on a rough planet. keep an eye out for soidum plants and oxygen, and remember you can recharge your thermal systems by returning to the space ship when you find it

Cheers but I was just being daft, one of the local trees gave me all the oxygen I could ask for and don't ask me why but for some reason I'd thought I couldn't zap trees.  Once you've got a few components put together it all clicks into place nicely, now I'm building a stockpile of key energy sources for that first interstellar jump. 

That's going to be tomorrow though, I've just bought a 2nd ship for storage and I'm taking a rest after the heart attack of thinking it deleted my first ship with all the supplies on it when really it was just hiding in a context specific menu. 

• Like 1