Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Alongside my main staple of iRacing ,I have just picked up Escape from Tarkov, its bloody brilliant, tough as balls but extremely rewarding. like all the best bits from Arma, pubg and Dayz rolled into 1 with literally thousands of lootable items, including copius amounts of gun parts for custom weapon builds, faction missions, levelling, its got it all, if you're on the fence, i recommend it

On 17/01/2020 at 12:06, FIF said:

I recently finished Disco Elysium. It's a detective RPG and it is really wordy but it totally blew my mind. Unique.

Absolutely desperate to play this. I'll get it when it comes to consoles or Mac, whichever first.

Started playing Papers, Please on my iPad whilst on holiday.

Surprisingly immersive for a desk job sim based in an immigration office. Relentless pacing, it requires your full attention at all times, and packs in loads of moral choices. 

The AAA development scene is so devoid of ideas, just reeling out clones and sequels full of loot box, micro-transaction bollocks. It's refreshing to see people supporting independent devs who can actually think creatively.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Absolutely desperate to play this. I'll get it when it comes to consoles or Mac, whichever first.

Surprisingly immersive for a desk job sim based in an immigration office. Relentless pacing, it requires your full attention at all times, and packs in loads of moral choices. 

The AAA development scene is so devoid of ideas, just reeling out clones and sequels full of loot box, micro-transaction bollocks. It's refreshing to see people supporting independent devs who can actually think creatively.

If you like that, check out "not tonight" similar thing but based in a post brexit britain where you work on the doors of nightclubs and festivals

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Beliall said:

Alongside my main staple of iRacing ,I have just picked up Escape from Tarkov, its bloody brilliant, tough as balls but extremely rewarding. like all the best bits from Arma, pubg and Dayz rolled into 1 with literally thousands of lootable items, including copius amounts of gun parts for custom weapon builds, faction missions, levelling, its got it all, if you're on the fence, i recommend it

I've just got this too. Lots to learn still but the tension it creates is amazing. Incredible depth.

1 hour ago, RoboFox said:

Loved Papers, Please as well. If you liked that then Return of the Obra Dinn, solo developed by the same guy, came out on consoles a few months ago and I believe is also available on Mac. Not got around to playing it yet myself but the reviews are glowing, so might be worth a look if you enjoyed his previous game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guest said:

I've just got this too. Lots to learn still but the tension it creates is amazing. Incredible depth.

Loved Papers, Please as well. If you liked that then Return of the Obra Dinn, solo developed by the same guy, came out on consoles a few months ago and I believe is also available on Mac. Not got around to playing it yet myself but the reviews are glowing, so might be worth a look if you enjoyed his previous game.

After messing around for a few runs, i just reset my account now i have a slightly better understadning, sticking to scav runs and solo mode to explore the maps and find exits

Magic the Gathering: Arena.  Was a big Magic player in my late teens but the cost of all the new cards was always a bit of a barrier so it's pretty cool that this is free to play and you can unlock a ton of cards for free.  Highly recommend to anybody into their tcgs.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Magic the Gathering: Arena.  Was a big Magic player in my late teens but the cost of all the new cards was always a bit of a barrier so it's pretty cool that this is free to play and you can unlock a ton of cards for free.  Highly recommend to anybody into their tcgs.

giphy.gif

Still playing Dragon Quest on the switch. 60 hours in and still plenty of story to get through. Never realized how big this game was. Its not like ive been grinding for hours on end either. Ive always loved a game that keeps me playing for hours on end and this one doesn't disappoint. Love the story and cant wait to see what happens.

I do love a good RPG

11 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Still playing Dragon Quest on the switch. 60 hours in and still plenty of story to get through. Never realized how big this game was. Its not like ive been grinding for hours on end either. Ive always loved a game that keeps me playing for hours on end and this one doesn't disappoint. Love the story and cant wait to see what happens.

I do love a good RPG

I think it took me around 90 hours to platinum on PS4.  Certainly a decent game.

On 04/02/2020 at 00:15, Beliall said:

God it's so frustrating though. Every time I die I say **** this game I'm not touching it again, but always do. I think because the 1 in 10 times you have a good raid it just feels amazing. 

18 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

God it's so frustrating though. Every time I die I say **** this game I'm not touching it again, but always do. I think because the 1 in 10 times you have a good raid it just feels amazing. 

nothing quite like it, i have never researched this much onto a game, but im on the wiki, watching youtube, learning maps, the lots. best thing i have found to do, is play just one map. a few times offline to get usued to it, then as scav only, after that, use your PMC and have the map open on a tablet or something so you know where you are. escaped with over 400k in weapons last night. what a rush

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'm really enjoying XCOM 2. Can anyone tell me if the original XCOM is worth playing when I finish this?

the original? or the one before Xcom 2, (enemy unknown)  yes if its enemy unknown, and the originals are well loved but very old now, depends how retro you like to go with your games. you can pick up all 5 for less than a tenner

Just now, Beliall said:

the original? or the one before Xcom 2, (enemy unknown)  yes if its enemy unknown, and the originals are well loved but very old now, depends how retro you like to go with your games. you can pick up all 5 for less than a tenner

Some of the older ones are better than others.

Xcom 2 is very good indeed. I've heard the War of the Chosen expansion is WELL worth a go and a complete game changer too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/02/2020 at 16:45, Beliall said:

Graphics aside, I think the originals were better. How you could do a Stalingrad and send in a second wave of rookies with no weapons, ready to pick up fallen weapons from either deceased colleagues or better yet, defeated aliens. How early on you would do quick hit and run missions, not killing everything, but grabbing some alien tech and hauling ass out of there by the skin of your teeth, just so you could research new items. Then when you were all powerful towards the end, raining blaster launcher death on the alien scum. 

Memories! :D

I’ve just replayed Watchdogs again which I rather enjoyed, tried Rage 2 but gave up after half an hour due to its unoriginal story, the over swearing (oh so original, keeps the under 14’s laughing I guess) and just generally boring gameplay. So thought I’d give andromeda another play through.