Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

After completing Skate 3 last week I tried the free trial of Session Skateboarding last night

My god it is embarrassingly bad. Absolutely lifeless, bizarre controls, terrible physics, corpse-like ragdolling if you even graze a wall at walking pace, and it's almost redundant of any sound. Also in under 2 hours I lost count of the amount of major glitches I witnessed.

Even as a pre-release, it feels like it's been slapped together by a couple of idiots over the course of a weekend

Started playing "Observation" which has just been released on the Xbox Game Pass, as I recalled Yahtzee Croshaw reviewing it positively last year.

Haven't really played anything like it before. It's basically a modern version of 2001: A Space Odyssey, where you play as HAL. Part sci-fi horror, part adventure puzzle game.  

A good narrative and well acted. Pretty impressed so far.

On 13/07/2020 at 15:45, kingcarr21 said:

Far Cry 3 on PS4 is only £2.50 on sale. Absolute steal. For me the best Far Cry game. Vaas is a class villain. Not played it in so long. Still a very enjoyable game

Vaas is still my favourite villain from any game! 

• Like 1

I’ve been playing NBA2k20 as free on ps plus. I now appreciate that there is a lot more to basketball than I realised and I don’t have a clue about that depth. Basically I try to steal at every chance then I sprint to other end and score. Feel like I’m missing out on some finer points !

On 14/07/2020 at 11:41, Legend_in_blue said:

Resident Evil Revelations is decent.  The difficulty curve is spot on.  Just when you feel safe with plenty of ammo/herbs it quickly goes to **** when the enemies come thick and fast.

bring back the old school RE's i say. Revelations seemed at times like a third person version of house of the dead to me lol 

Edited by don_danbury

53 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

bring back the old school RE's i say. Revelations seemed at times like a third person version of house of the dead to me lol 

Yeah, just finished it.  Final boss just about had me but got him on the 4th attempt.  lol

Great game.  I'm doing the raids now. Good fun.

Revelations 2 is under a tenner on amazon so will do that next and then Resi Evil 2 remake.

Looking forward to Resi Evil Village, looks classy.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2020 at 15:28, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Will be delving head first into Asseto Corsa Competizione next week, big fan of the real life series it follows so really looking forward to it. 

Loving this, very quickly becoming the best racing game I've ever played. I guess it helps a lot that GT3 is my favourite racing discipline by an absolute mile but the game itself is fantastic. The sound, physics and the overall feel of the sessions are all so good. The only issue at the moment is the framerate, it's locked at 30fps on console as they used every drop of (limited) processing power on the tire and physics engines rather than the graphics. Hopefully they'll release a patch when the new consoles. 

Anyway here's what the game is capable of on a top end PC in VR. 

5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Loving this, very quickly becoming the best racing game I've ever played. I guess it helps a lot that GT3 is my favourite racing discipline by an absolute mile but the game itself is fantastic. The sound, physics and the overall feel of the sessions are all so good. The only issue at the moment is the framerate, it's locked at 30fps on console as they used every drop of (limited) processing power on the tire and physics engines rather than the graphics. Hopefully they'll release a patch when the new consoles. 

Anyway here's what the game is capable of on a top end PC in VR. 

Damn! Now I have to go get myself a new PC lol

On 23/07/2020 at 16:03, spacemunky said:

Damn! Now I have to go get myself a new PC lol

I'd love to have a PC to play these kind of games. But the cost is insane. The graphics card alone that the video there is using is about £650 when I last looked. Then I'd need all the peripherals in one go as I'd be starting from scratch. I think all in for a PC to run ACC at 4K, and then a rig for the wheel/pedals etc you'd be looking at £1200 at least.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd love to have a PC to play these kind of games. But the cost is insane. The graphics card alone that the video there is using is about £650 when I last looked. Then I'd need all the peripherals in one go as I'd be starting from scratch. I think all in for a PC to run ACC at 4K, and then a rig for the wheel/pedals etc you'd be looking at £1200 at least.

yeah iot can be expensive to start. you dont need 4k thoughh, and its more hassle than its worth, 1440p is more than enough, you dont need to buy the most expensive GPU either. you could build a pc from scratch for under a grand for everything you want, and after than you only need to upgrad eparts about the same time a new console comes out. and the other advantages are you dont pay for online play , and the games are all cheaper. 

its a myth that PC's are ludicrously expensive, there are many of us users building on budgets and they all out perform consoles

27 minutes ago, Beliall said:

yeah iot can be expensive to start. you dont need 4k thoughh, and its more hassle than its worth, 1440p is more than enough, you dont need to buy the most expensive GPU either. you could build a pc from scratch for under a grand for everything you want, and after than you only need to upgrad eparts about the same time a new console comes out. and the other advantages are you dont pay for online play , and the games are all cheaper. 

its a myth that PC's are ludicrously expensive, there are many of us users building on budgets and they all out perform consoles

I think my plan for the upcoming generation is to stick to console. I'll make up the rig for ACC in a spare room and have the big TV in the lounge for other stuff. Then just swap whichever console I choose to get between them depending on what I want to play.

Are you playing a lot of Iracing at the moment? I saw a lot of mixed reviews over lockdown when sim racing exploded in popularity.

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I think my plan for the upcoming generation is to stick to console. I'll make up the rig for ACC in a spare room and have the big TV in the lounge for other stuff. Then just swap whichever console I choose to get between them depending on what I want to play.

Are you playing a lot of Iracing at the moment? I saw a lot of mixed reviews over lockdown when sim racing exploded in popularity.

Yeah i play almost every day. the influx of new people has been good and bad, nice to have more people to race but also it feels a bit more like forza now with all the dickheads. now if you wanna talk expensive, iRacing is the cherry that takes the prize. expensive hobby

34 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Yeah i play almost every day. the influx of new people has been good and bad, nice to have more people to race but also it feels a bit more like forza now with all the dickheads. now if you wanna talk expensive, iRacing is the cherry that takes the prize. expensive hobby

Nice. I see a lot of it on YouTube but obviously as it's only on PC I've never played it. 

Is it not easier to avoid the Forza types with the licence/safety rating system on there? 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice. I see a lot of it on YouTube but obviously as it's only on PC I've never played it. 

Is it not easier to avoid the Forza types with the licence/safety rating system on there? 

Not really. the irating matches you will drivers of your percieved skill, but you can game your licence level by simply doing 4 races at the back and ranking up into higher level races

On 25/07/2020 at 21:43, Beliall said:

I've been doing a bit of FORZA online recently and I completely understand where you're coming from. Just yesterday afternoon i'm leading into the first corner and I'm completely taken out from behind, cars completely knackered and I've got a whole lap to make it to the pits. The two that rear ended me, quite the race immediately! I wouldn't mind so much but I finished last through that which effects my driver league score through no fault of my own.

• Like 1