Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

She's really useful yeah. I wasted a few missions kinda assuming she couldn't do it to mutons but she actually can. 

I ****ing live Blueblood though. First thing I did was rush master crafted pistols, I've got the epic with fan fire. 

I have Terminal first through the door then use her free move, the thrown device that gives two free moves and then the team ability that moves someone up the load order and he can clear a room before anyone else has had a go. lol

Bit OP haha. You can do similar stuff with Zephyr early on but she never gets new gloves so she doesn't scale as well after a while. 

Good to know. Torque was my first unlock right at the start so still lots to discover. can see me doing multiple runs on this

6 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Good to know. Torque was my first unlock right at the start so still lots to discover. can see me doing multiple runs on this

Yeah I think there's eleven available and you can have eight max at a time so it's not possible to try everyone in one run. 

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

lol

If they die you fail the mission, cos they're obviously fixed characters unlike normal games you have to keep em alive. If anyone dies you fail. 

See thats what i thought, but i just "completed" a mission with 1 evac, plus the vip, and the other 3 soldiers were bound or bleeding out, but now they back at HQ all fine. that was wierd. was execting a mission fail or 3 lost troops

Edited by Beliall

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

See thats what i thought, but i just "completed" a mission with 1 evac, plus the vip, and the other 3 soldiers were bound or bleeding out, but now they back at HQ all fine. that was wierd. was execting a mission fail or 3 lost troops

Yeah its way more forgiving on wounds and stuff. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Yeah its way more forgiving on wounds and stuff. 

Well hopefully at the end of the campaign theres modifiers for new saves like the last games. and mods of course. needs to be more hardcore

Enjoying the Chimera graphics and I like the order system. It's been fun to play so far.

I don't like the fact that you only have the 5 at the beginning - I liked being able to choose who I wanted and mould them into want I wanted and the fact that characters don't die or if sufficiently injured don't have to sit out a long time is a bit cheap and not what I'm looking for. I don't like the 3 section system either - sure the 90 minute battles were a bit over the top but this format just seems to parcelled but overall I'm satisfied.

I hope that XCom 3 develops the rpg leveling up into even more detail and return to grand strategy whilst keeping the cool graphics

Subnautica.

If I'd played it before now it would probably have made my top "10 games of the decade" thread list.

Wonderfully detailed, massive sandbox map. Really deep (lol) crafting and building mechanics. So many 'oh sh*t' moments. Genuine feelings of isolation, and really one of the most genuinely unnerving gaming experiences I've ever had. Although it doesn't advertise itself as such, it's a horror game through and through.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Subnautica.

If I'd played it before now it would probably have made my top "10 games of the decade" thread list.

Wonderfully detailed, massive sandbox map. Really deep (lol) crafting and building mechanics. So many 'oh sh*t' moments. Genuine feelings of isolation, and really one of the most genuinely unnerving gaming experiences I've ever had. Although it doesn't advertise itself as such, it's a horror game through and through.

play it on hardcore mode for the ultimate thrill!

• Like 1

Loving Chimera more and more.

The Breach is a great idea, graphics and gameplay are wonderful.

Torque is my favourite character. cherub is the only character I've had in every action. 

Not sure about the gradual introduction on characters as the later ones just aren't in a position to grab attention and aren't needed when nobody dies or has to sit out. Would prefer a slower game that allowed to work more on improvements but sadly they aren't that important.

Overall a fun smash and grab game.

10 hours ago, FIF said:

Loving Chimera more and more.

The Breach is a great idea, graphics and gameplay are wonderful.

Torque is my favourite character. cherub is the only character I've had in every action. 

Not sure about the gradual introduction on characters as the later ones just aren't in a position to grab attention and aren't needed when nobody dies or has to sit out. Would prefer a slower game that allowed to work more on improvements but sadly they aren't that important.

Overall a fun smash and grab game.

I'm hoping someone either mods chimera into a longer more in depth game, or they mod xcom 2 with the new stuff from this one. Either could quite possibly happen

Edited by Beliall

11 hours ago, Beliall said:

I'm hoping someone either mods chimera into a longer more in depth game, or they mod xcom 2 with the new stuff from this one. Either could quite possibly happen

I'm just hoping it gets patched, I've had to put it back down because the game keeps crashing at random moments and I don't have the energy to keep replaying missions.  From what I have played I'm a big fan of Zephyr's +1 melee upgrade with auto capture instead of kill.

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm just hoping it gets patched, I've had to put it back down because the game keeps crashing at random moments and I don't have the energy to keep replaying missions.  From what I have played I'm a big fan of Zephyr's +1 melee upgrade with auto capture instead of kill.

I've only had it crash once, and I've played perhaps 30 hours. When it crashed I was able to restart the mission from almost where it went down.

As I said I'm loving the game but I think the inability to be injured is really annoying. It stops you trying out so many different formations. I think I had only 2 characters with a scar in the early early game and so they were out for 2 or 3 turns (1 or 2 missions) whilst they repaired.

Just now, FIF said:

I've only had it crash once, and I've played perhaps 30 hours. When it crashed I was able to restart the mission from almost where it went down.

As I said I'm loving the game but I think the inability to be injured is really annoying. It stops you trying out so many different formations. I think I had only 2 characters with a scar in the early early game and so they were out for 2 or 3 turns (1 or 2 missions) whilst they repaired.

Yeah I've seen that the autosaves keep breach point and previous round saves in most cases, but if the crash happens during the animation of the APC returning from a successful mission those files disappear and I have to go back to the control centre before the mission was even started.

25 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

17 minutes ago, FIF said:

I have never had a crash so far, probably will now lol . I do agree that there isn't enough risk, I'm playing on expert hard-core iron man and I haven't lost any troops yet  

Streets of Rage 4 - wooooow this is fantastic, but way harder than the original 3 games! Thoroughly recommended for fans of the original, or old school brawlers in general

A mate just got me into Elite Dangerous, it's incredible escapism but really difficult to get to grips with. I look forward to knowing it well enough that I don't shit myself before I press any buttons

COD Warzone I've been playing with mates for ages but now they've ballsed the party chat up we've all abandoned it. Unplayable if you rely on communication

• Like 1

On 02/05/2020 at 12:04, Carl the Llama said:

I've not seen a single crash tbh. 

Still on Outward, onto the 3rd play through now. This is hard, no excuses RPG, but quite good fun and the local coop is quality.

DlC should be soon too. :thumbup:

Does anyone have any recommendations for any games I can play whilst working from home? I just want something I can easily flick back and forth between my work and the game whilst at home, something to break the day up that doesn't need too much concentration or effort!

I've been playing football manager here and there and fancy something different now so wondered if anyone else is playing anything right now that fits the bill?

As a short break from Chimera - I've knocked out 2 of the 3 factions - I'm playing Risk online, it's free and reminds me of my youth.

On 03/05/2020 at 14:38, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Streets of Rage 4 - wooooow this is fantastic, but way harder than the original 3 games! Thoroughly recommended for fans of the original, or old school brawlers in general

Just got this for the PS4, playing with my boy. He totally loves it. lol

• Like 1