Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Instead of opting for RE7, I am now continuing playing Red Dead Redemption 2. I started quite a while ago, but dropped the title after a short while.

Definitely forces you to accept the fact that everything moves way slower - just the way it was back in the day.

You could say it's a bit of a shame that there is no fast travel option. But maybe one appreciates the beauty and splendor of the vistas more this way.

Only downside to me are the controls - still. They are either overly sensitive or clunky.

And I feel almost overwhelmed with the amount of different functions for each button, maybe it's a bit too much here. It's definitely mightily realistic, yet feels slightly overcomplicated.

You can fast travel. You have to use the carriages

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

I never Platinum games.  Have the best intentions to do so sometimes but always just burn out before hand as find it too much of a grind.

Definitely been sucked in by the Spring sale on PS store. Gone and brought Bloodborne now ready for after the 100 odd hours of gaming I've already got lined up :D.  Think this lockdown has made me a little optimistic about how much spare time i have on my hands.

Both the new AC games are a grind to platinum.  Odyssey more so than Origins.  I went from HZD and straight into Origins.  Felt like a step backwards with the overall polish of the game and the world itself.  Never, at any stage, did HZD feel like a grind to platinum.  Everything in the world has a meaning to it and it never feels overburdened with ridiculous, repetitive side quests.

1 hour ago, FerrisBueller said:

Just picked up Madden NFL 20 for pretty cheap, haven't played a madden game since roughly 2006, so this should be a laugh.

Such a goods sports game Madden.  Last one I brought was Madden 17 which was great, love the Franchise Mode in it which they have only added to since.

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

XCOM TOMORROW BABY YEAH @Beliall @Trav Le Bleu

Say what?!?!

I've not gamed for a while on account of the crushing amount of parcels I'm delivering.

I mean, who needs an inflatable beer bucket amongst everything that's happening?

Some people going to have worrying CC bills.

16 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Say what?!?!

I've not gamed for a while on account of the crushing amount of parcels I'm delivering.

I mean, who needs an inflatable beer bucket amongst everything that's happening?

Some people going to have worrying CC bills.

There's like an xcom 2.5 out. Or, given that WOTC is arguably 2.5, maybe 2.75.

It's a brand new title, not a dlc or expansion, a stand alone .exe but it's built on the xcom engine just with a stack of new gameplay mechanics in mission. 

The premise is that with Advent defeated, a city exists where humans, aliens and hybrids are meant to live in harmony but obviously there's resistance. So you play as like a SWAT xcom peace keeping team made up of humans, aliens and hybrids. 

It's interesting idea. Means you have like mutons and vipers on your team which is cool and a bit different. 

It's also a bit more character driven so instead of making your own pawns, you have a fixed roster of written characters with different backgrounds etc. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

There's like an xcom 2.5 out. Or, given that WOTC is arguably 2.5, maybe 2.75.

It's a brand new title, not a dlc or expansion, a stand alone .exe but it's built on the xcom engine just with a stack of new gameplay mechanics in mission. 

The premise is that with Advent defeated, a city exists where humans, aliens and hybrids are meant to live in harmony but obviously there's resistance. So you play as like a SWAT xcom peace keeping team made up of humans, aliens and hybrids. 

It's interesting idea. Means you have like mutons and vipers on your team which is cool and a bit different. 

It's also a bit more character driven so instead of making your own pawns, you have a fixed roster of written characters with different backgrounds etc. 

Nice.

If only I had the time.

I'm not being ironic, probably working harder than I ever have, it's like Christmas and then some!

17 hours ago, foxes1988 said:

Such a goods sports game Madden.  Last one I brought was Madden 17 which was great, love the Franchise Mode in it which they have only added to since.

Yeah I've always liked them, this version has a career mode similar to 'the journey' or whatever it was called on FIFA. Pretty fun, although I just picked up a 5 week injury and have been dropped by the Bengals as a result. Tough gig!

16 hours ago, Libertine said:

Just finished the story of God of War. Have to say I enjoyed it immensely, really epic game, even though I've never really been into the series before now.

GOW 3 is still one of my all time fave games. The battles against the gods and titans is breathtaking. I strongly recommend playing that

• Like 1

I caved in and brought FF7 remake. Should be delivered this week. cant wait to blast through it.

Started replaying Uncharted 4. I can never get bored of it. Got it on Easy mode just so I can enjoy the story all over again. (Already completed in Crushing mode, didn't fancy that again lol)

The fact that you play a level of Crash Bandicoot within the game still blows my mind lol 

2 minutes ago, Beliall said:

no mate. i will eventually but cant just yet. i take it its good then?

Yeah man I'm really enjoying it. 

I had a habit of using the same team set up all the time in the last two games, just focusing on the most OP agent types, especially with Long War 2.

This is cracking because every character is unique and you have to rotate. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah man I'm really enjoying it. 

I had a habit of using the same team set up all the time in the last two games, just focusing on the most OP agent types, especially with Long War 2.

This is cracking because every character is unique and you have to rotate. 

that sounds interesting. i was always forced to change my squad out in Xcom2 because they were always ****ed up

29 minutes ago, Beliall said:

OK i like this.snappy fast paced gameplay, remoind me of a mobile game in a way but it has some interesting stuff. only a couple of missions in diving right in with an expert  hardcore iron man save. 

20200428203333_1.thumb.jpg.112d760f49ebdc258af1ffe5d6d1da55.jpg

Yeah I see what you mean in that regard. I think one thing you have to accept straight off the bat is it isn't classic xcom in the sense of being a long, hard slog. Especially if you've played Long War. 

I felt they took it a bit more in that direction with WOTC which had more variety in mechanics but a more streamlined campaign. 

This has taken it another step. I'd like a full on xcom 3 to be more of the "grand strategy" we're used to with compiling and managing a larger roster and more of that feel of constantly trying to hold back the tide against all odds. 

But snappy is a good word for Chimera Squad yeah and I'm genuinely enjoying it. Its scaling really well as well, like I'm hitting a point now where I've got three or four at max level with master crafted weapons but the enemies keep getting tougher and tougher. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah I see what you mean in that regard. I think one thing you have to accept straight off the bat is it isn't classic xcom in the sense of being a long, hard slog. Especially if you've played Long War. 

I felt they took it a bit more in that direction with WOTC which had more variety in mechanics but a more streamlined campaign. 

This has taken it another step. I'd like a full on xcom 3 to be more of the "grand strategy" we're used to with compiling and managing a larger roster and more of that feel of constantly trying to hold back the tide against all odds. 

But snappy is a good word for Chimera Squad yeah and I'm genuinely enjoying it. Its scaling really well as well, like I'm hitting a point now where I've got three or four at max level with master crafted weapons but the enemies keep getting tougher and tougher. 

the satisfaction of using a viper to pull and crush enemies is payback for many dead recruits. i love breaching, i hope they take all of this and add more for xcom 3. Xcom swat is awesome

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beliall said:

the satisfaction of using a viper to pull and crush enemies is payback for many dead recruits. i love breaching, i hope they take all of this and add more for xcom 3. Xcom swat is awesome

She's really useful yeah. I wasted a few missions kinda assuming she couldn't do it to mutons but she actually can. 

I ****ing live Blueblood though. First thing I did was rush master crafted pistols, I've got the epic with fan fire. 

I have Terminal first through the door then use her free move, the thrown device that gives two free moves and then the team ability that moves someone up the load order and he can clear a room before anyone else has had a go. lol

Bit OP haha. You can do similar stuff with Zephyr early on but she never gets new gloves so she doesn't scale as well after a while.