Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

just looking back on some old pc games anyone remember Grim Fandango and Lesuire suit larry lol classics

Never played the 2 that you mention, but used to love that kind of adventure game. Day of the tentacle and Sam and max hit the road were big favourites from childhood.

Edited by deejdeej
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 22:27, whoareyaaa said:

just looking back on some old pc games anyone remember Grim Fandango and Lesuire suit larry lol classics

Yeah, I remember spelling my very first word on Police Quest - another Sierra classic!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently finished Disco Elysium. It's a detective RPG and it is really wordy but it totally blew my mind. Unique.

After that I got Age of Wonders - Planetfall. Really great again, not quite finished but into the final stage but unfortunately with the new term starting I just haven't got the time to finish it.

As a minute filler here and there I've been playing Paranoia, not sure if it's really that good but it's different.

Recently bought the two expansions for Witcher 3 for £8 in the PSN sale, thinking I'll give them a go straight away.

Load up the game, which I keep coming back to over and over, great as it is, I keep moving to other things, and notice I need to be level 32 to start Hearts of Stone.  Level 15 on main game so still a way to go there lol

Anyone know how you track how many hours you put into a single playthrough?  I notice my current earliest save is from 2015.  I've only just made it to Novigrad ffs lol

Just keep doing the main missions. Im a bit of an rpg geek and like to do every side quest etc before advancing on main missions. Think i was mid 20s when i hit Novigrad but its been a while since i played it. The 2 expansions are great

Edited by Thefox81

18 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Recently bought the two expansions for Witcher 3 for £8 in the PSN sale, thinking I'll give them a go straight away.

Load up the game, which I keep coming back to over and over, great as it is, I keep moving to other things, and notice I need to be level 32 to start Hearts of Stone.  Level 15 on main game so still a way to go there lol

Anyone know how you track how many hours you put into a single playthrough?  I notice my current earliest save is from 2015.  I've only just made it to Novigrad ffs lol

Also was going to replay this as its in the xbox free game pass but chose GTAV instead. Might have to reconsider tho

Been doing metro exodus now its bug free ...excellent game but then realised only 18 days left of battle pass 3 on apex and im still 16 levels short so grinding that at the minute and then back to finish metro . 

then i need to start either 

red dead 2 

gta 5 

grid 

not sure which tbh 

2 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Started The Other World last night. Very much a Fallout feel to it (They made Fallout New Vegas).

Seems ok so far, not got very far but im sure I will enjoy it. Love Fallout/Skyrim so looking forward to getting my teeth into this.

Took me a little while to warm to that game too but I enjoyed it a few hours in. I felt like I spent so much time doing the side missions and even then I got through it very quickly. 

When you get to the end point it lets you know, it says if you want to do anything else story wise do it now as there's no turning back so you can spend as much or as little time on it as you want to.

On 03/12/2019 at 12:42, RoboFox said:

Started playing the desktop version of Motorsport Manager. Not sure what to make of it yet. 

It's maybe a little on the simple side for me, although I do find myself drawn back to it.

It's a way off F1 Manager 96 which is for me one of the greatest management sims ever created.

i smash out a few seasons with a custom team and get bored. need a new version, it has bags of potential

Just now, Beliall said:

i smash out a few seasons with a custom team and get bored. need a new version, it has bags of potential

I've stopped playing already. Lasted about a month before it lost its appeal. 

The first couple of seasons feel like you're getting somewhere, but after that it becomes very repetitive. Rule changes etc. keep things slightly interesting, but after that I felt like I wasn't making any progress... Just grinding though seasons. Maybe I'm not that good at the game.

Thinking of installing DOSBox and revisiting F1 Manager Professional (or F1 Manager 96 as I knew it). Looks like there's a small but dedicated modding community still keeping it up to date.

Give it a go if you haven't already. Really complex, but I loved it as an adolescent (I was probably crap at it too). Back when games came on CD-Roms in oversized cardboard boxes.

Hope it stood the test of time.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

The first couple of seasons feel like you're getting somewhere, but after that it becomes very repetitive. Rule changes etc. keep things slightly interesting, but after that I felt like I wasn't making any progress... Just grinding though seasons. Maybe I'm not that good at the game.

Thinking of installing DOSBox and revisiting F1 Manager Professional (or F1 Manager 96 as I knew it). Looks like there's a small but dedicated modding community still keeping it up to date.

Give it a go if you haven't already. Really complex, but I loved it as an adolescent (I was probably crap at it too). Back when games came on CD-Roms in oversized cardboard boxes.

thanks i will take a look

4 hours ago, Beliall said:

4 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I spent hours of my youth playing this....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Had headphones on when I played that video. That was a mistake. 

I don't miss those old 3- or 4-voice sound chips! 

Authentic engine sounds! 

To be far, given the tech, the sound of the cars passing was exciting, especially as they became more strung out, but your car/cars was/were catching up.

On 18/11/2019 at 11:59, Xen said:

I go through phases of it. On pc every few months I'll fire up RS3 and be hooked for a couple of weeks or so, then drift away again. I downloaded the OSRS app but my phone is a piece of trash and the battery lasts about 5 minutes so I've not got as far into it as I might've otherwise. When I get a new phone that can actually run it well in the next couple months I'll probably find myself playing it again, though.

Nice one! 

Hit me up with a PM on here with your RSN if you start playing again

Kingdom Come Deliverance, near the end now. It got a lot of praise as being realistic and immersive, but coming off the back of playing Red Dead Redemption 2, it really falls short.

Aside from being as buggy as hell (I'm playing on PS4, but I understand this is common across platforms) is the LACK of immersion. NPCS don't really do very much. Sure there's people milling around, but unless they're quest related, chances are they're not going to say much. Reminded me a bit of the new Jumanji and what annoyed me about that was NPCs repeat saying the same thing, but in good games these days, that doesn't happen.

My main bugbear though is the surround sound - or lack thereof. It "has" dts sound and I always play first-person games through my surround sound setup because almost always it is used to give you a good idea of stuff going on around you i.e., what direction you're being shot at from, where an npc is calling you, nearby danger, that kind of thing. Not in KCD. 

For instance, I'm in a deserted village that's been ravaged by raiders early in the game and I can hear wood being chopped. Maybe someone has survived? I snuck around that whole village several times... not a soul. I'm in the woods and hear a dog barking, so I run towards it, but it always seems to be off in a different direction. After many hours playing I'm pretty sure these noises are ambient background. The chopping wood always starts we approaching a small settlement and dog noises are everywhere, regardless of dog presence. Likewise bird noises. You hear them everywhere in the countryside, but aside from a few crows, never see any.

I think I was spoilt by rdr2 (you heard a type of animal, it was because that animal was near), but it's probably not even as good as FO4 (or 3 for that matter) or Skyrim.

It's saving grace is the combat system. Probably the best first-person melee combat. So I've persevered. The story's not bad either. I've ploughed 80+ hours into it, so it can't be awful, but there's part of me that's just wanting to reach the end in a, "it's easier to push on than to go back" bloody-mindedness.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Reminded me a bit of the new Jumanji and what annoyed me about that was NPCs repeat saying the same thing, but in good games these days, that doesn't happen.

To be fair, in the new Jumanjis (Jumanjii? Jumangeses?) its a dusty old console that they find and play and - if I remember correctly - the original guy was trapped in the video game back in the 90s. The repetitive dialogue would be pretty consistent with games from that time, and even the character select screens/skill popups were 90's video game style graphics

• Like 1

I've recently gone back to playing on FarCry 3 and 4, I don't really play the full game as I've completed them both a few times but you just can't beat going on for an hour or so and trying different ways to take over a base - no better feeling than using the sniper and going in stealthily to take over a base without alerting any of the guards etc. Old but golden.

• Like 2