Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

12 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just got this for the PS4, playing with my boy. He totally loves it. lol

Good lad! See if he enjoys SOR2 - gameplay is similar but great old school soundtrack

The only minor complaints I'd have about SOR4 having now played it through 5 or 6 times:

- while it's great they included a classic soundtrack option, it doesn't include (or I missed it somehow) the boss fight music from SOR1 which is still the hardest hitting song in any of the SOR games. Would have been perfect for the Y twins final boss fight. Also includes a few too many of the Master System/Game Gear variations which were great compositions but sound pretty jarring compared to the Mega Drive songs and modern sound effects

- combo achievements don't unlock if your combo is broken. Yeah yeah yeah I need to get better at the game, but I was on an 80+ hit combo yesterday and got flanked by one of those ginger dudes who punches once about every 4 minutes lol 

- a couple of the boss fights are waaay more difficult when playing with Floyd due to how slow he moves. In SOR2 Max was a lump but he could shoulder charge across the screen, but Floyd only has the jump special to get around slightly quicker and it's tricky to control

Look out for the secret levels! A brilliant little touch. (If you don't know how to activate these, find the arcade machines and hit them with a taser. There are 4 throughout the game)

Mania Mode is outrageous. Took me about 30 attempts to just get through the first level without using any extra life assists, you have to learn where every enemy is going to spawn as they act so differently

• Like 1

The fact you could only walk in the camp made my blood boil in that game, even like 100m outside the camp until you get to some invisible wall your horse would just plod along. 

Just got far cry 5, platinumed 3 and 4 and this one seems to be more of the same but it's been a good few years since I did 4 and I don't play other ubisoft games as they're all basically the same games, so going to get stuck in and enjoy it. 

On 06/05/2020 at 09:48, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Good lad! See if he enjoys SOR2 - gameplay is similar but great old school soundtrack

The only minor complaints I'd have about SOR4 having now played it through 5 or 6 times:

- while it's great they included a classic soundtrack option, it doesn't include (or I missed it somehow) the boss fight music from SOR1 which is still the hardest hitting song in any of the SOR games. Would have been perfect for the Y twins final boss fight. Also includes a few too many of the Master System/Game Gear variations which were great compositions but sound pretty jarring compared to the Mega Drive songs and modern sound effects

- combo achievements don't unlock if your combo is broken. Yeah yeah yeah I need to get better at the game, but I was on an 80+ hit combo yesterday and got flanked by one of those ginger dudes who punches once about every 4 minutes lol 

- a couple of the boss fights are waaay more difficult when playing with Floyd due to how slow he moves. In SOR2 Max was a lump but he could shoulder charge across the screen, but Floyd only has the jump special to get around slightly quicker and it's tricky to control

Look out for the secret levels! A brilliant little touch. (If you don't know how to activate these, find the arcade machines and hit them with a taser. There are 4 throughout the game)

Mania Mode is outrageous. Took me about 30 attempts to just get through the first level without using any extra life assists, you have to learn where every enemy is going to spawn as they act so differently

I thought about getting SOR4 as another option for a four-player opportunity with mates of mine. Does it work well?

Game looks so nicely retro with those hand-drawn animations.

I haven't play side scrollers since the Contra, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, TMHT and DD days.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

I thought about getting SOR4 as another option for a four-player opportunity with mates of mine. Does it work well?

Game looks so nicely retro with those hand-drawn animations.

I haven't play side scrollers since the Contra, Donkey Kong, Super Mario, TMHT and DD days.

Can't comment on the multiplayer as I've just been playing through the single player with all the different characters and unlockables, but I've heard it's much better with other players

I honestly can't think of a more satisfying scrolling brawler I've ever played, the combos are fantastic fun to string together and all the hits feel really meaty. For £20 you could argue there's not a great deal outside of the story and boss modes but it is really well made. Worth noting it's on Xbox Game Pass too, so I'm essentially playing it for free at the moment

I've just spent the best part of 3 hours trying to complete that bloody stupid chocobo race in 0 seconds on FFX.  What a complete arse.  Managed it in the end, no idea how.  I'm determined to platinum this game.  Still got that annoying lightning dodging 200 times to do as well.  Blitzball.  Then a grind.

Apart from that, game is great.  lol

On 23/04/2020 at 08:52, foxes1988 said:

I never Platinum games.  Have the best intentions to do so sometimes but always just burn out before hand as find it too much of a grind.

Definitely been sucked in by the Spring sale on PS store. Gone and brought Bloodborne now ready for after the 100 odd hours of gaming I've already got lined up :D.  Think this lockdown has made me a little optimistic about how much spare time i have on my hands.

Soooo..............Looks like i'm going to Platinum this one lol

I've got 14 underwater locations to do.  6 cultists to find, 2 mythical beasts to sort and fully upgrade the adrestia.  Done about 72 hours.  I cant be more then about 8 hours left.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Decided to go for Spiderman after this.

• Like 1

Now on the blitzball mini game in FFX.  Taking ages to get into it, not explained well in the game and I never bothered with it on PS2.  Haven't lost a game yet, recruited some decent players early on.  Tried the lightning strikes a couple of times, but not taken it seriously, and managed 77/200 strikes so far.  That is going to be a pain to clear.

Just finished Horizon, by finished I mean completed the main story and the frozen wilds, cant invest anymore into the smaller tedious tasks as I've already come across every major character who adds something. 

I was planning on getting back on Days Gone but despite my initial excitement I dont think it will do enough to grip me to put the time in.

Got Dirt 2.0, Ghost Recon Wildlands installed, and may re-download Spiderman and go through that again!

On 15/05/2020 at 22:04, Legend_in_blue said:

Subnautica.  If anyone has it or has played it, what's it like?  Looking at the PS4 version and it's under 20 quid.  Worth a buy?

Yes, 100% yes.

That is assuming this sort of game is your sort of thing

Finished Chimera squad today it was fun but no integral depth. 

The Breach was a great add to the game and the graphics were very good.

Squad is wasted as you don't need to use more than the 4 or 5 you prefer. The developments are very secondary and there really isn't much strategy to that. Never even got a chevron on the city disturbance and the battles became so easy I was just going through the motions at the end.

Glad I bought it, but glad I got it for 9.99, it's more a stocking filler. Now back to Gears tactics.

I suppose I should add to this again...

was playing Elite Dangerous - but then I bought an okay but basic cheap/old-ish (PC/PS3) steering wheel on clearance for £35, so I've been playing some more racing games, such as Dirt 3 & F1 2016 (that I already had, and was the main reason I've been thinking about a wheel for ages, but never got round to it until now), also Dirt 4 and have just bought Dirt Rally 2 while it was on offer.  I think it'll take me a while to work my way up to that, though - it definitely feels harder than Dirt 3/4...

Shame it's a cheap racing wheel (180-degree (90 each way)) and not really suitable for European Truck Simulator 2, where you need far more rotation to really work properly. (It's either too sensitive or not sensitive enough - never been able to find a sweet spot, though since it's mouse steering is so good anyway...)

On 15/05/2020 at 22:04, Legend_in_blue said:

Subnautica.  If anyone has it or has played it, what's it like?  Looking at the PS4 version and it's under 20 quid.  Worth a buy?

It's fooking terrifying I'll tell you that, Get it if you like crafting/survival type games.

I'm hooked on Hell Let Loose at the moment, amazing 50v50 WW2 sim. Brilliant teamwork and very atmospheric.

4 hours ago, a_k_b said:

Anyone know of any decent games on steam for under £5? Got a fiver left on my gift card

Not new but I saw Terraria down in that ballpark the other day. Great fun and has many hours potential.  They also recently released an enormous "final" patch. 

17 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Not new but I saw Terraria down in that ballpark the other day. Great fun and has many hours potential.  They also recently released an enormous "final" patch. 

Thanks il give it a try

On 27/05/2020 at 14:35, a_k_b said:

Anyone know of any decent games on steam for under £5? Got a fiver left on my gift card

System shock 2 is 6.99

Thief gold and Thief 2 The metal age are 4.99

Deus Ex GOTY is 4.99

All presuming you don't mind older classics or haven't already played them. They are often even cheaper on sale. Can recommend all of those games.

• Like 1