Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Corky

Blackburn Post Match thread

We were cruising to a win until a lapse in concentration from RDL. Frustrating.

Whethered the storm first 15 of the second half, regained control and had chances to take all 3. Again, frustrating.

Ref was arsehole.

Oh no am I supposed to?

Well, he did answer his rhetoric with NO, which makes your point invalid and looked quite silly, especially when it was in the comment you quoted.

It could be a medical issue. Anyway, a decent point away although their goal should've been avoided. Stood strong through heavy pressure at the start of the second half as well as losing our discipline a bit.

Had plenty of chances to win the game. It just seemed like it wasn't going to be our day as soon as De Laet handed them a corner needlessly.

Referee was shocking, so inconsistent but that wasn't why we didn't win.

Let's look towards Tuesday and hopefully 3 points.

Finishing was so poor today, feels like a defeat. Don't understand people slating Hammond. We were getting battered, he came on, and it stopped and quickly we were looking for the winner for the rest of the game more or less.

Burnley are going to catch us aren't they?

Pearson picked up a fire extinguisher and smashed it into the referee's stomach, Forcing him to the ground. Vardy game out and tripped the fourth official who stumbled into Pearson's arms. Nigel then proceeded to pick up the fourth official and performed a backbreaker. Out of nowhere came the linesmen who doubled teamed nigel and got in a few blows but pearson was having none of it and connected a double flying headbutt. All needed medical assistance.

I have said for weeks , the champions will be decided very late on.

We have six difficult fixtures, Burnley have just three difficult fixtures and so I can see it going to the wire.

Today we came across what we will in all the difficult games, teams who will have strong passages of play and games that will be decided by fine margins.

Great substitutions today, Hammond did well and his different style and experience got us out of a hole.

This game could have gone either way:

Schlupp - excellent again

Vards - on another day would have bagged another to win us the game .

Wasyl - another experienced performance

Nugent - out of sorts. Poor and would have been replaced if we hadn't needed all subs elsewhere.

Delaet - struggled, I would expect Moore to play Tuesday.

Tony / Riyad - great first half, dangerous, but we needed to replace one once they took control

I thought he played pretty well. And his workrate was fantastic.

The midfield and de laet let us down today and they are usually brilliant.

He always works hard, that's what keeps him in the team ahead of Wood when he isn't scoring. Midfield was dominant first half but after the break they were picking up all the loose balls. De Laet's head went after that bad error. Nugent saving his goals for Burnley, loves one against his old clubs.

Thought Deano did well when he came on, his presence helped us grapple control of the game and put us on the front foot. Gestede was an absolute monster in the air by the way. Could possibly envisage a few changes for Tuesday resting up some of the lads as well as giving a few that are out of sorts a breather. 

Archived