Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Riyad Mahrez - World Cup

They've announced a larger 45 man squad which will be trimmed in a few weeks time. 

Trimmed? You mean halved lol

He'll more than likely not go and if he does I doubt he'll get more than 10 minutes playing, but he's got a good opportunity next season to make a mark. 

Trimmed? You mean halved lol

He'll more than likely not go and if he does I doubt he'll get more than 10 minutes playing, but he's got a good opportunity next season to make a mark.

Even if it is 10 minutes I'm sure it'll be a good experience for him. Hopefully the chance to play for his country in the biggest sporting tournament in the world will give him a big confidence boost.

Saying that, we all know what happened to Ben Marshall after his u21 call-up... :ph34r:

Even if it is 10 minutes I'm sure it'll be a good experience for him. Hopefully the chance to play for his country in the biggest sporting tournament in the world will give him a big confidence boost.

Saying that, we all know what happened to Ben Marshall after his u21 call-up... :ph34r:

That's an outside bet I'll be very surprised if he makes the 23, it might only be Algeria but their squad is still mainly made up of players from top flight European Cups who have more than a few decent performances in the English second division behind them. Be pleased for him if he does get the nod though.

That's an outside bet I'll be very surprised if he makes the 23, it might only be Algeria but their squad is still mainly made up of players from top flight European Cups who have more than a few decent performances in the English second division behind them. Be pleased for him if he does get the nod though.

I was about to ask how strong the Algerian squad was. It's good progress from him though, already in contention for the Algerian squad after one season in English football.

Their last squad had 4 players playing in Algeria, 1 in Qatar and 2 in the Championship for starters. No idea if that's representative of what will be going to the World Cup but as one of the better players at the best side outside of the top flight in England I think his chances might be slightly higher than you're suggesting of at least going, even if he barely plays.

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP.

Speaking to my Algerian friends today and he has done a interview over the past few days. Basically in his interview he said Leicester shown a lot of interest in him, many visits to France to watch him and many meetings some even taking place at his own house. Initially he said he said No about coming here because of the language barrier and the Championship being a very hard division to play in and he wasn't sure in his own ability to play at this standard of football. He goes on to say that Leicester scouts/officials shown a lot of faith in him and assured him the language barrier wouldn't be a problem he loves playing for Leicester because the club is ran in a very good way from the top down, he turned down Marseille to come to us and they offered him MORE money than we have done.

Hopefully I will have the interview to post on here later for you all.

BUMP.

Speaking to my Algerian friends today and he has done a interview over the past few days. Basically in his interview he said Leicester shown a lot of interest in him, many visits to France to watch him and many meetings some even taking place at his own house. Initially he said he said No about coming here because of the language barrier and the Championship being a very hard division to play in and he wasn't sure in his own ability to play at this standard of football. He goes on to say that Leicester scouts/officials shown a lot of faith in him and assured him the language barrier wouldn't be a problem he loves playing for Leicester because the club is ran in a very good way from the top down, he turned down Marseille to come to us and they offered him MORE money than we have done.

Hopefully I will have the interview to post on here later for you all.

Exactly the type of player we want here.

You can keep ya Mills', Beckford's, et al.

Archived