Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Qpr Post Match Thread 1 - 0

Another good win yesterday. The performance was a lot slicker and we seemed to link up a lot better than we did vs Brighton and vs Reading. We made QPR look very average which is a reassuring sign for next year. Nugent and King were brilliant - Nuge led the line really well while Kingy made very dangerous runs and created chances for himself and others (should have buried one but hey).

On the league table that's a hammer blow 3 points for Burnley. I know we only need 3 more points to win outright but I reckon 1 point will do it anyway. We've come through our toughest game strongly and should kick on home now.

After everything he's done for us, it would be a massive kick in the gonads if Dyer wasn't given a chance. He deserves it.

This. 100% deserves it.

Pleased to win the game, felt we just about deserved it. They had some decent openings but the finishing was wayward, we created the best chances and a superb team goal for the winner. Nugent battled away very well up front on his own, King looked better when he went out wide, Mahrez had a good game with positive running (should've had a penalty at the end) and Drinkwater once again proved what a good midfielder he is.

One more win for the title, would be great to do it ourselves but if it happens tomorrow so be it. Hope we can get to 100 points now.

loads & loads of jealous QPR fans saying they should of won, 'arry saying they were the best side, etc etc, we will come straight down, we're shit blah blah fvcking blah

from what I saw it was 50/50 until the last 30 mins when we were on top so deserved win in the end

assou-ekotto is more of a bell end than barton is, what a twat, and get rid of those side burns, knob

loads & loads of jealous QPR fans saying they should of won, 'arry saying they were the best side, etc etc, we will come straight down, we're shit blah blah fvcking blah

from what I saw it was 50/50 until the last 30 mins when we were on top so deserved win in the end

assou-ekotto is more of a bell end than barton is, what a twat, and get rid of those side burns, knob

lol

All be it was there reserves, they had over 2500 premier league appearances between them ? Which just shows how strong there squad really is ?

...and what a mess they have made of this year!! Good luck in the playoffs lottery . Ha

We will finish 20 points above them and fully deserved!

COYB

As much as I disagree with the approach of QPR in terms of transfers, as a football fan, Assou-Ekotto's behaviour yesterday was disgusting. I feel sorry for their fans. To look that disinterested, and literally not give a monkeys while playing professional football is a sad sight to see as a football fan in general. Even when we had Yakubu, who looked lazy and was purely here for money, at least banged in a decent amount of goals. 

Not gonna get into a huge qpr bashing. But despite them having a lot of the ball at their place. I haven't been impressed with them in either game this season. Yet when I look at the squad they have, I looked yesterday and thought I wonder what NFP could do with that squad if he drilled a work ethic into them.

As for us. A bit more like normal service. The 4231 has potential for me.

Thought we looked comfortable iin2nd or 3rd gear yesterday.

Just see Nugent's goal again on the FLS.

Not much seems to have been mentioned about it.

I tell you what, that was a BRILLIANT goal.. lovely build-up, real pace to get to the ball and a sublime finish.

A real strikers goal, that if it had been made by Sterling and finished by Suarez would have had the pundits drooling.

Again, I don't think there have been any threads on here as ridiculous as the Nugent bashing ones.

20 league goals for the season. Put that in your pipe Mr. Beckford...

I tell you what, that was a BRILLIANT goal.. lovely build-up, real pace to get to the ball and a sublime finish.

A real strikers goal, that if it had been made by Sterling and finished by Suarez would have had the pundits drooling.

Again, I don't think there have been any threads on here as ridiculous as the Nugent bashing ones.

It was nice to see that burst of pace from Nugent it was something that we haven't seen that much this season, and it just showed what he is capable of. It was a very well worked goal and i'm pleased for Nugent as things weren't really going for him up until that yesterday, isn't he on 19 league goals though?

It was nice to see that burst of pace from Nugent it was something that we haven't seen that much this season, and it just showed what he is capable of. It was a very well worked goal and i'm pleased for Nugent as things weren't really going for him up until that yesterday, isn't he on 19 league goals though?

Apologies.. 19 league goals.. a super tally.

:thumbup:

One thing I don't think has been mentioned here (though i have not read the whole thread) is that the QPR win broke yet another City record - most wins in a League season, beating the 27 in League 1.

Amazing season, isn't it?

Assou-Ekotto was a total liability yesterday. Two stupid fouls, easily beaten for the goal, two attempted crosses behind the goal, Konchesky is a superior player to him, let alone Schlupp.

I can't believe Harry keeps picking him, he clearly doesn't care about the club and he doesn't even try most games. Pathetic attitude.

Ekotto epitomises QPR's problem this season. He's clearly an able player but looks to have a shite attitude. He genuinely does not look bothered.

Arry has gone for too many players of that ilk this season.

We, on the other hand, have constantly looked young, eager and keen.

More fool Redknapp. With a bit of guile he could have got a blend of enthusiasm and ability going on. Instead, its the lottery of play offs.

The sheer determination from him to get to the ball first was brilliant. He wanted it more.

Ekotto epitomises QPR's problem this season. He's clearly an able player but looks to have a shite attitude. He genuinely does not look bothered.

Arry has gone for too many players of that ilk this season.

We, on the other hand, have constantly looked young, eager and keen.

More fool Redknapp. With a bit of guile he could have got a blend of enthusiasm and ability going on. Instead, its the lottery of play offs.

This. But Assou-Ekotto = one of his old boys. Would have put my house on him going for his old boys when he went to QPR.

BAE has actually said that he doesn't enjoy playing or even like football and he just does it for the money, why the hell would you want someone like that playing in your team.

He just wants to showcase his shít hair

Really enjoyed yesterday. Thought the atmosphere was very positive and it was a really hard-fought win. QPR were just how I thought they'd be, they moved the ball well enough with Kranjcar, Benayoun etc which you'd expect, but they had no one clinical enough in the final third. Overall, I think we just about shaded the game without really getting out of third gear. Don't think I'm going to be able to get a ticket for Doncaster so that's the last home game for me 'til the prem  :thumbup:

Archived