Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Qpr Post Match Thread 1 - 0

3 points nearer the title thank you vey muchly !!

The lads have treated us to some excellent displays this year and if they have a blip or two then we can't really slate them after gaining the seasons target of promotion but being champions would be superb, but we mustn't slate these lads who have played out of their skins to get us out of this bloody league after 10 long years to the premiership well played lads time for the title now !!

NIGEL PEARSONS BLUE AND WHITE PREMIER LEAGUE ARMY !!!!!

In the end we deservedly got the points but we were sloppy and continually turned the ball over when all we needed to do was the basic stuff. At times we were trying to be too fancy almost bordering on arrogance IMO.

Nugent was amazing - Covered every blade of grass up front by himself, didn't give their 4 defenders much time at all & a goal worthy of winning any match

If he was supported better by Knocky (who was almost disgracefully awful today) & King we might have got more joy.

Would like to see this formation again maybe every game until end of season as we have to nail 451/4231, but with Drinkwater higher up in place of King and Dyer on for Knockaert.

James coming on transformed the game

Agreed. As I said in the match thread, the James / Drinky axis is absolutely vital to us.

He was an improvement on Hammond but what was key was Drinkwater moving higher up the pitch. The goal came immediately from his pass in the final third. Up until then he was playing 20 yards deeper. Hats off to Nige as well.

A very acceptable day. A new formation experimented with. And, by second half, we were adapting to it quite well, getting players around Nuge who had been isolated first half. Fabulous goal from Nuge - doing what he does best. Mahrez got a flavour of the physicality he can expect every week next season - which won't do him any harm. All good. Small observation from me .... penultimate home game, almost certainly sealed the title, big crowd, party atmosphere in danger of breaking out ....... and our manager came down from the stand and stood in the entrance to the tunnel out of public glare. It may not have been his intent, but I thought that spoke volumes for the man's ethics and values - not stepping into the limelight to take the adulation that would surely have come his way, but leaving his able team to finish the fixture. High quality.

Nugent was amazing - Covered every blade of grass up front by himself, didn't give their 4 defenders much time at all & a goal worthy of winning any match

If he was supported better by Knocky (who was almost disgracefully awful today) & King we might have got more joy.

Would like to see this formation again maybe every game until end of season as we have to nail 451/4231, but with Drinkwater higher up in place of King and Dyer on for Knockaert.

agree especially about Dyer ... he should play the next 3 games in this formation, practice it for next season

Knocky needs to train all summer on situational awareness and thinking before unproductive dribbling/shooting

great overall performance Nuge yet again shows he is a top class player and is our best striker

Thoroughly enjoyed being there today, apart from the fookin nonsense stewards all over the place.

QPR, for me, looked like one of the better sides we've played. In Kranjcar they had a player who is so accomplished on the ball.

But they should be so much better. No doubt, Arry's crazy insistence on having one up front, completely isolated, has been their downfall. Maiga, often in decent positions, had literally no-one to lay the ball off to, which played straight into our hands.

We were industrious, committed and challenged every ball. Nugent's goal was delicious.. a lovely move and finish.

All in all, six points against QPR isa great return and very well deserved.

Finally, Andy King looks so much better in a midfield three. When the reliance ISNT on him to defend, he can start to run things better.

:thumbup:

we made it look more of a struggle than it was. like i said in the match thread if we're going to play drinkwater as a holding midfielder we may as well just rest him with james because he is completely non-involved in a deeper role. he fúcked off up the pitch where he wants to be when james came on and 30 seconds later got an assist in our most incisive, cutting move of the match. simple. 

Was alright, but not particularly great either, but it's another win towards Champions status  :D

Nugent had a hard job today, playing up front on his own, but I can't praise him enough after today's performance, he did the best he could, put in a tireless shift and scored the winner.

First half I thought we looked slow in possession, the midfield was a problem, even though I thought Hammond & King in particular were playing well enough. But come the second half, as soon as we brought James on, we looked so much more comfortable and in control. Just goes to show, how important Matty James can be. 

I thought De Laet & Morgan had very solid games today, while I hope Schlupp is ok.

I pray that Schlupp is ok and hasn't had a reoccurence of his knee problem that he sustained at Forest the other year.

Can somebody please explain how Nugent won man of the match other than the fact he scored the goal? 

Archived