Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Qpr Post Match Thread 1 - 0

Thoroughly enjoyed being there today, apart from the fookin nonsense stewards all over the place.

QPR, for me, looked like one of the better sides we've played. In Kranjcar they had a player who is so accomplished on the ball.

But they should be so much better. No doubt, Arry's crazy insistence on having one up front, completely isolated, has been their downfall. Maiga, often in decent positions, had literally no-one to lay the ball off to, which played straight into our hands.

We were industrious, committed and challenged every ball. Nugent's goal was delicious.. a lovely move and finish.

All in all, six points against QPR isa great return and very well deserved.

Finally, Andy King looks so much better in a midfield three. When the reliance ISNT on him to defend, he can start to run things better.

:thumbup:

Glad you enjoyed it Col.  :thumbup:

Just watched the replay of Assou-Ekotto's tackle of Mahrez, I don't think he could have complained if he got a straight red for that.

Our goal was beautiful. We were saying how tight QPR were defending, but when we play football like that it doesn't matter how tightly packed the final third is, we'll get through.

On reflection, Assou-Ekotto not getting sent off probably helped us because they carried on with the same formation and it was Assou-Ekotto who was supposed to be tracking Nugent but didn't have the pace to keep up. They might have tightened up even more at the back if he went off and it could have been someone more experienced/faster/more willing to leg Nugent up instead of him.

He's a greedy little **** for one who admitted he had no interest in playing the game, was just in it for the money.

Do you think they'd all do it for £100 a week? Tosh. Yes it's fun but it's only pursued as a career for the money.

Seriously!!.. Whoever thinks Dyer will have any impact /is good enough for next season is honestly deluded.. He's served us well and had a good first half of this season, but it's really time for him to go and be signed by a Championship club.. Perhaps he can be part of the deal that sees us signing Deeney or McCormack!?...

95% of fans on this forum have said he wasn't good enough for the championship more than once in each of the last 3 seasons. up until mid feb he was one of the better players for a team that was taking this division to pieces, week in, week out. 

32 starts, 10 apps from the bench, 9 goals and 7 assists shows he is involved in a goal every other game pretty much. our third top scorer and second on our assist charts. in this league he has proven himself to be one of the better wingers out there. can he make the step up? can he terror premier league defenders? who knows. i know for sure if you asked every right back in the premier league if they wanted to chase lloyd dyer for 45 minutes they'd say absolutely fúcking not. 

who'd have thought rickie lambert would be an england international? who'd have thought grant holt would score goals in the pl? who'd have thought jason puncheon would be one of the best wingers in the premier league whilst playing for palace? nobody. give him a few apps in the top league that he's played a massive part getting us to and we'll take it from there. if np doesn't then fair dos, but i believe he will be involved in the squad and if he is as pathetically non-effective as you obviously know he will be then i believe nigel will have a plan to either change that or replace him. but let's not write him off (again) before he's kicked a ball in the top tier. 

95% of fans on this forum have said he wasn't good enough for the championship more than once in each of the last 3 seasons. up until mid feb he was one of the better players for a team that was taking this division to pieces, week in, week out. 

32 starts, 10 apps from the bench, 9 goals and 7 assists shows he is involved in a goal every other game pretty much. our third top scorer and second on our assist charts. in this league he has proven himself to be one of the better wingers out there. can he make the step up? can he terror premier league defenders? who knows. i know for sure if you asked every right back in the premier league if they wanted to chase lloyd dyer for 45 minutes they'd say absolutely fúcking not. 

who'd have thought rickie lambert would be an england international? who'd have thought grant holt would score goals in the pl? who'd have thought jason puncheon would be one of the best wingers in the premier league whilst playing for palace? nobody. give him a few apps in the top league that he's played a massive part getting us to and we'll take it from there. if np doesn't then fair dos, but i believe he will be involved in the squad and if he is as pathetically non-effective as you obviously know he will be then i believe nigel will have a plan to either change that or replace him. but let's not write him off (again) before he's kicked a ball in the top tier. 

Spot on. With his pace he's always got a chance of creating something. Could be an impact sub, worth keeping.

Great post

Lloyd Dyer my lord Lloyd Dyer

So, as I understand it from the various threads, the following players are definitely not premier league standard:

Schmeichel

Was

Wes

Schlupp

Dyer

Knocky

King

Nuge

Wood

Might as well give it up now.

I saw this personally as the type of game we will play against the lower Prem sides next season. QPR have quality (Kranjcar and Morrison) but lacked the real pace and desire to cause us many problems.

Therefore, our desire to win, coupled with ability on our part, won the day. I can see similar games next season.

You would do well to find a Prem team which possess as little effort as QPR did today. And a back four not giving a flying f**k.

EDIT: infact you've basically said that

You would do well to find a Prem team which possess as little effort as QPR did today. And a back four not giving a flying f**k.

EDIT: infact you've basically said that

I thought Onuoha had a decent game.  Cleared off the line, important blocks/headers.

The game went the way I expected it to in terms of the play - but I had a bad feeling QPR would whip out a bit of quality from nowhere. Thankfully, they were shit in all departments. Extremely average side and I'm amazed they're in the play-offs.

We were very decent today. Much improved from the last few weeks and our best display since Burnley.

Drinkwater, Nugent & Wasilewski the stand-outs for me.

lol

What the ****.

Jesus Christ.

To be fair to him, other than his blatantly low standards of what he expects from his own team, he's been quite decent about Leicester.

And he insinuates that Schmeichel should have gone because Yun was the last man, hadn't Yun already lobbed the ball over Schmeichel and gone down before Schmeichel kicked him? Not as if Schmeichel fouling him denied him any kind of goalscoring opportunity let alone a clear one.

Nugent brilliant today, worked his socks off. I have always defended Dyer but today he was awful, I saw a completely knackered Nuge having a word with Dyer, I hope he was slagging him off, because to me Dyer was lazy, he never moved off the same patch of grass for the whole time he was on. Disappointed in Dyer it looked like he could not be bothered today.

Archived