Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Qpr Post Match Thread 1 - 0

Not at their best today, some sloppy play gave a depleted QPR side more than they should have had but the Nuge goal was class.

Depleted, there were no second rate/choices in the QPR side, some typical London hype in case of loss that eventually happened, but QPRs squad when all fit, are on paper maybe a tick better than ours.Ours was more consistent, no major injuries, a better top 4 midfield.

QPR should have walked this championship, but City and Burnley have had their suprises with no little skill in their first 11 or 13 players, and shown they could fight better, when under the cosh.In fact that goes also for Derby, who also from a bag of allsorts have gone where it hurts.The top 3 have earnt their laurels this season.

QPR , Forest, Wigan, Brighton, Reading, Blackburn, fell on their faces a little, though Brighton are just short in their squad, a couple of good buys they could do a Burnley next season and upset, the teams coming down, and push the expected teams back somewhat.

I pray that Schlupp is ok and hasn't had a reoccurence of his knee problem that he sustained at Forest the other year.

Can somebody please explain how Nugent won man of the match other than the fact he scored the goal? 

He worked tirelessly, got the winning goal, hold up play was excellent and there were no other stand out players. I think that covers it.

I pray that Schlupp is ok and hasn't had a reoccurence of his knee problem that he sustained at Forest the other year.

Can somebody please explain how Nugent won man of the match other than the fact he scored the goal? 

because he was our best player and we won. who else would've got it? 

other than the goal he chased all day, showed nice touches when given the ball and did his job very well. add into that being the match winner and i'd say it was an obvious choice, really. 

Why Nugent???

Worked tirelessly. Linked up well with the midfield. Won a lot of headers/flicks. Positionally was very smart given how infrequently we play with one up front. Scored with a great run and finish, from a difficult angle. Wore the shirt with pride and gave 100% for 90 mins. Ultimately he was the difference in quality between 2 sides playing in a very low tempo, cautious game of football.

How people on here continue to slate Nugent is beyond me.

Thought Nugent, Drinkwater and Mahrez were excellent today, and the rest of the team were pretty good as well. Excellent result, partly ruined* for me by a lousy ref and by that complete tw4t Don Goodman. Pri!ck.

Like Andy Hinchcliffe's comments though: sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

*We are champions-elect. Nothing can ruin that.

What did Dyer do when he came on????... Sweet fanny Ann!!!!.... No way is he going to make any impact in the premier league.. Get rid!!!!!!

Agreed. His one and only attribute is pace which he rarely uses anyway.

Glad Assou-Ekotto got sent off, one of the few footballers I actually hate. No interest in the game at all. Wouldn't want him anyway hear my club. Kranjcar still remains a technically gifted footballer.

Thought we were better second half today. Still don't think King is an attacking midfielder, no doubt I'll get slated, but he isn't strong enough and yet again didn't look fit enough towards the end of the game. At least Drinkwater drives with the ball. Otherwise we were generally solid and kept a good side quiet.

He wasn't just saving those two, five other starters from the play off team were left out. I'd expect Dunne, Hill, Hoillet, Barton and Carrol to start.

Don't know if it's true or not but apparently qpr had massive bust up at their hotel last night and arry dropped them for the game today. And Austin.

What did Dyer do when he came on????... Sweet fanny Ann!!!!.... No way is he going to make any impact in the premier league.. Get rid!!!!!!

Worse players than Dyer have played in the Prem. I can see him dropping into a left back role next season, as a utility left-sided sub/ back up for schlupp.

He'll do better than the french fancies when we are away from home and under the cosh next year.

Mind u i like the idea of someone like Craig Gardner in that position too.

Worse players than Dyer have played in the Prem. I can see him dropping into a left back role next season, as a utility left-sided sub/ back up for schlupp.

He'll do better than the french fancies when we are away from home and under the cosh next year.

Mind u i like the idea of someone like Craig Gardner in that position too.

I love Dyer's heart and his speed but he'd be better off getting a transfer to another Championship club (like QPR) or even League 1. He really has no hope of palying time in the Prem .

I love Dyer's heart and his speed but he'd be better off getting a transfer to another Championship club (like QPR) or even League 1. He really has no hope of palying time in the Prem .

League 1?? Come on that is takin the p!ss!

It depends on Dyer's ambition cos yeah he's never gonna play 20 or 30 games next year... If he's prepared to be a bit part player though then he could be useful for a few games. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of players who are committed and dedicated to our football club

Next year we'll need wingers who can also defend. Playing both the french fellas will be a bit of a luxury away from home. I would rather go to Anfield with Dyer rather than Knockaert tracking Glen Johnson.

Knockaert can be a bit of a liability but we can get away with it in the championship. Just look at his performance today - if he tries that shit in the premiership he would get absolutely hammered

A pretty comfortable win in the end. Thought Nuge was exceptional today, held the ball up well, always on the move and a composed finish from a very tight angle. I think Kasper has been working on set pieces throughout the week as well as he seemed to come and punch the majority of them.

On the other hand I thought QPR were pretty poor and were fairly lucky to not be down to 8 men and more than one goal down in the end. I can't see them getting promoted through the play offs and there will be a huge rebuilding job next season for the new manager which they probably won't be able to afford.

Could have gone either way to be fair, QPR had some great chances, was almost a carbon copy of the game at Loftus Road. Knocky needs to learn how to pass instead of making himself dizzy sometimes but F**k it we're going to be champions :-D looking forward to Tuesday and having a championship party!

League 1?? Come on that is takin the p!ss!

It depends on Dyer's ambition cos yeah he's never gonna play 20 or 30 games next year... If he's prepared to be a bit part player though then he could be useful for a few games. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of players who are committed and dedicated to our football club

Next year we'll need wingers who can also defend. Playing both the french fellas will be a bit of a luxury away from home. I would rather go to Anfield with Dyer rather than Knockaert tracking Glen Johnson.

Knockaert can be a bit of a liability but we can get away with it in the championship. Just look at his performance today - if he tries that shit in the premiership he would get absolutely hammered

Knocky can hurt Johnson on the attacking end. Dyer will be beaten on ends. I like your loyalty to him but he's got nothing to offer City in the Prem.

Back to QPR, I can see them finishing 4th behind Wigan and then fully expect Wigan to beat them in the playoffs with Waggy scoring in both fixtures.

I saw this personally as the type of game we will play against the lower Prem sides next season. QPR have quality (Kranjcar and Morrison) but lacked the real pace and desire to cause us many problems.

Therefore, our desire to win, coupled with ability on our part, won the day. I can see similar games next season.

Seriously!!.. Whoever thinks Dyer will have any impact /is good enough for next season is honestly deluded.. He's served us well and had a good first half of this season, but it's really time for him to go and be signed by a Championship club.. Perhaps he can be part of the deal that sees us signing Deeney or McCormack!?...

Archived