Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swiss_tony

Nigel Pearson - i was wrong

As usual, I agree with you.

The forum will be different next season if we begin to struggle.

I've said before and maintain it... give him 2 seasons.. if we avoid relegation next season, then I expect us to kick-on the following season.

If we get relegated next season, I STILL would retain Pearson to get us back up again.

I agree col, I wanted him gone during the dip last season, and I have discussed on here why, and at the time I didn't think he had what it took to get us that final step.

Now he has proven he has what it takes, I agree with you, even if relegation next season,stick with him for a couple of years, and see if he can take us back up.

I for one am not expecting anything other than a relegation battle next year, it's a big step up, but if we come out the blocks flying, it's a bonus, setting my expectations low, then we can't be disappointed, but hope the owners don't panic if we don't start well, they have been patient and it's payed off, but staying in the premier league is high on their priorities, so hope they hold their nerve.

Well if it's own up time then count me as one of the doubters at the start of the season. But then again who could have predicted a season like we have just had ? No one and I mean no one would have thought before we kicked off that we would walk the league and break so many club records while we were at it ( maybe not even Pearson )

I have been a supporter since the early sixties , with all the good times and not so good times but never have I witnessed a season like this. So what was it ? what bit of magic was sprinkled over my beloved Leicester city ? It simply does not happen to us but it has . We have risen like a phoenix from the flames of last years play off heart break and played some of the best football I have ever seen as a supporter.

So if on the off chance Nigel ever gets to read stuff on here I would just like to say sorry for doubting you and thank you for one of the greatest years of my supporting life. :scarf:  :scarf:  :scarf:  :pearson:  

Nice gesture to admit you were wrong, Tony.

However, I wonder how things will turn out next season and what the expectations are in the Premier League. Surely, we will be able to give a couple of other teams a good run for the money and even come up with the odd shock result in our favour. But you have to be really ecstatic to believe that Pearson can maintain his winning percentage of more than 50%.

My hope is that the minority of Leicester fans who didn't like Pearson early on or the ones still having sour grapes with him (albeit not publicly) don't come out of the woodwork again with their pathetic "Sack him!" attitude when we're having a bad patch next season. Although, I one way or the other, I can already see them exactly doing that.

Nice gesture to admit you were wrong, Tony.

However, I wonder how things will turn out next season and what the expectations are in the Premier League. Surely, we will be able to give a couple of other teams a good run for the money and even come up with the odd shock result in our favour. But you have to be really ecstatic to believe that Pearson can maintain his winning percentage of more than 50%.

My hope is that the minority of Leicester fans who didn't like Pearson early on or the ones still having sour grapes with him (albeit not publicly) don't come out of the woodwork again with their pathetic "Sack him!" attitude when we're having a bad patch next season. Although, I one way or the other, I can already see them exactly doing that.

They will do. They resurfaced during our slight bill in form when we lost to Brighton and Sheffield Weds. They'll be back!

Next season will be a struggle. Let's hope the owners keep their nerve and stick with him 100%

The "old Pearson persona" was the one portrayed by stringer and RL. I think we've all learnt a bit more about how he truly is this season

Seriously, what is the issue with a managers manner or persona?  Alex Ferguson would not have been a manager considered a happy friendly chappy, but did you ever hear a man u fan want him gone because he was a grumpy C%@t.  Gee guys get a life.  Judge a manager for his managing not his happy disposition.

The fact that Pearson being "warm and funny" was what "turned you around", not the fact that we destroyed the league all season long says a lot about your priorities and explains why you were and are always likely to get your football predictions very, very wrong. You sound like my mother, quite frankly, who delights in judging a footballer based on how nice their smile is.

i didn't really want him to come back and wouldn't have been bothered if we'd told him to piss off again last season. glad we didn't, hindsight is a wonderful thing etc etc. 

This brilliant season has really been a surprise for 90/95 per cent of City fans if they are honest. Like Col says most were predicting play offs or just below earlier in the season

Amazing season

Hats off to all at the club

Thank god I belong to the 5%. Support, patience, belief, understanding, hardcore, giving people enough chances.

Realise building takes time.It was understood NP was not a wham bam thank you mam, like Sven.

Many past teams in the lower leagues especially have started poorly, then grew. I am an older fan, maybe my belief holds longer, but hey in managers and team Ive always been optimistic, sort of.....well if not this season then the next. I get frustrated or look to other formats or players ,when I start to see apathy and lack of consistency on performances, in movement, or sometimes just results.

I've seen played in games also in different sports,different teams where Ive thought how the hell did we get in this spot, or even how did we manage that.Teams that should never of got relatated, or ones that shot up the table, nicking a title ,a cup. or just reputation.

Players find their level over their careers, or struggle on true potential because of awkward injuries.

Eadie, Stringfellow, Birchenall, many England squads, for example.

I just say this, nobody enjoys being jumped on,..things like give me a chance and some time, yes also some constructive crticism, Chastisement spiteful critic, cant see the sense.

To city fans, think about this, just taking the posts on all threads from last season all the way through this one, if many had your way...NP , Drinkwater, Nugent, Vardy, in fact the whole team and in that promotion would have gone out the window.

AND, AND.... lets face it, you would of all lost your jobs, being told then ,no chance with your record.

What really made me laugh were the suggestions of who should replace Nige. Lee Clark was popular :jawdrop:  As was Owen Coyle, Billy Davies :facepalm:  Warnock (spit!) and others. Totally bonkers. :pearson:

Absolutely. I wasn't impressed with last season but Christ some of the managers that people suggested send shivers down the spine...

After the season we have had some of our fans will expect the same next season.

Anything less they will want Pearsons head on a plate.

Add to them the fans just praying for us to drop points.

This place will be in melt down after five or six games.

After the season we have had some of our fans will expect the same next season.

Anything less they will want Pearsons head on a plate.

Add to them the fans just praying for us to drop points.

This place will be in melt down after five or six games.

All depends how we do.

If we look ok after 6/7 games, the 'I told you so' brigade will be claiming that we are great and will be safe.

If we are really struggling, the doom merchants will have us nailed-on for relegation. Being on this forum has actually taught me a thing or two. Take it one game at a time and don't jump to conclusions too quickly. I've kinda learnt from Babylon in that respect if truth be told. So I've decided that's what I'm gonna do next season. I have literally no expectations on how we will do so will just wait and see.

My heart kinda feels we'll have it tough, but my head then says... nah, we'll be fine.

What I do think is to stick with Pearson whatever and to give him a real chance at the higher level.

:thumbup:

I said we'd win the league on radio Leicester and everyone in the studio predicted mid table. Think the highest prediction was Alan Young who said play offs. Remember them all saying Forest would be autos with QPR. lol

My top six were QPR, Wigan, Reading, Forest, Bolton and Watford with Leicester and Brighton not far off. Delighted to be proved wrong. 

Doesn't matter if people don't like Pearson as a bloke, but it's very hard for our fans to criticise him as a manager this season.

I'd have sacked him 2 years ago,

who knows we could be looking forward to champions league next year after just winning our first premier league and fa cup double   :unsure:

Oh, look.

red5 unearthed one of his old posts from 2012.

:appl:

Archived