Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Swiss_tony

Nigel Pearson - i was wrong

Before the season  started i couldn't see us getting near the top six.

I thought we'd suffer a hangover from the Watford defeat and be mid table, considering the lack of new faces.

I didn't think NP was the man for the job.

Mea culpa, boy was i wrong.

The stats speak  for themselves, i don't need to  add anything, records falling left right and center.

I'm quite happy to come back on here and take some deserved stick for being an outspoken critic of him.

The thing that turned me around was the henry winter interview he did earlier this year. he came across unlike any of his interviews with  RL

Warm and funny.

i hope he stays on and brings in some new faces for next season (but not too many).

Dont worry.. in the excellent (:thumbup:) 'Where will we finish'? poll, I put up before Christmas, relatively few said top two. Most either said play-offs, or just outside if I recollect?

The run since Christmas has been nothing short of extraordinary and, if people are being honest, has surprised most I would suspect.

Any doubters were completely turned after this season, it's hard to find a better season in the clubs history ..

You've not read much of Foxestalk then. There are still some I've seen thinking he should be booted if we aren't doing well (read top half at least) come Christmas.

Good on you for your mea culpa, but it does show that we need patience and not fly off the handle at the first opportunity.

For instance, some twat with the username seenfvckall (something like that, anyway) was proposing recently that the brave decision would be to get rid of Pearson now, and get in a manager with Premier League experience. We have quite a lot of dickhead fans, and they will all come out of the fvckin woodwork when we lose our first game next season. Unfortunately online slapping is only a theoretical possibility.

Dont worry.. in the excellent ( :thumbup:) 'Where will we finish'? poll, I put up before Christmas, relatively few said top two. Most either said play-offs, or just outside if I recollect?

The run since Christmas has been nothing short of extraordinary and, if people are being honest, has surprised most I would suspect.

:thumbup:

I have to admit I thought Nigel should have gone when we went through that awful run last season when we couldn't buy a win, and I'm sure there was many of us that felt the same way.

Again I would have took a play off place at the beginning of this season so to have had the season we've had is amazing and credit goes to everyone involved at the club. The owners for their patience, and confidence in Nigel. Nigel and his team for the improvement they've got from the team and obviously the players that go out their and have performed all season at a consistently high level.

Next season is going to be tough, but if we've all learnt something these last few seasons it's that we need to have patience and confidence in the team and Nigel that they will get it right. It's going to be a learning curve and it will test some peoples patience but I have faith in Nigel and believe he has become a better manager due to what happened last season.

I have to admit I thought Nigel should have gone when we went through that awful run last season when we couldn't buy a win, and I'm sure there was many of us that felt the same way.

Again I would have took a play off place at the beginning of this season so to have had the season we've had is amazing and credit goes to everyone involved at the club. The owners for their patience, and confidence in Nigel. Nigel and his team for the improvement they've got from the team and obviously the players that go out their and have performed all season at a consistently high level.

Next season is going to be tough, but if we've all learnt something these last few seasons it's that we need to have patience and confidence in the team and Nigel that they will get it right. It's going to be a learning curve and it will test some peoples patience but I have faith in Nigel and believe he has become a better manager due to what happened last season.

Totally agree with your post, I have slowly taken to Pearson and he has progressed so much this season, aswell as the players.

Mistakes made last season have been learnt from, and the more open relaxed Pearson has made it easier to take to him, so I hope during the hard times next season Pearson doesn't go back to his old persona, and the owners show the same patients.

Totally agree with your post, I have slowly taken to Pearson and he has progressed so much this season, aswell as the players.

Mistakes made last season have been learnt from, and the more open relaxed Pearson has made it easier to take to him, so I hope during the hard times next season Pearson doesn't go back to his old persona, and the owners show the same patients.

The "old Pearson persona" was the one portrayed by stringer and RL. I think we've all learnt a bit more about how he truly is this season

Great post buddy spot on

I think with a couple or four players joining we are going todo ok in the prem. But if it goes tits up, I hope we keep faith with Pearson so he can bring us straight back up. Whatever happens it would be good for us to buck the trend and keep the same manager for a few years

The "old Pearson persona" was the one portrayed by stringer and RL. I think we've all learnt a bit more about how he truly is this season

Pearson is his own man, he wouldn't let the likes of stringer or radio leicester put words in his mouth.

What Pearson said and the way he came across was because he wanted it that way, and in hindsight he may have regretted some of his comments.

Like I say his persona this season makes it easier to take to him.

There's still quite a few fans who are literally vying for Pearson to fail so they can begin their crusade to get him sacked.

Some people will never like him, or admit how wrong they were.

It was clear right from his return on what he was trying to do- clear the overpaid average players who had poor attitudes or weren't good enough, balance the books, create a more balanced squad (we had NO width under Sven), play attractive football, have a good team spirit.

Just shows you need to give the right man time.

There's still quite a few fans who are literally vying for Pearson to fail so they can begin their crusade to get him sacked.

Some people will never like him, or admit how wrong they were.

It was clear right from his return on what he was trying to do- clear the overpaid average players who had poor attitudes or weren't good enough, balance the books, create a more balanced squad (we had NO width under Sven), play attractive football, have a good team spirit.

Just shows you need to give the right man time.

As usual, I agree with you.

The forum will be different next season if we begin to struggle.

I've said before and maintain it... give him 2 seasons.. if we avoid relegation next season, then I expect us to kick-on the following season.

If we get relegated next season, I STILL would retain Pearson to get us back up again.

Archived